View Full Version : Cm7!!

Pages : [1] 2

sliceburgslim
12-17-2010, 01:30 PM
Its Finally Stable! Here is a link to download

http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?type=stable&device=passion

And Some Instructions from the XDA thread

INSTRUCTIONS:
- First time flashing CM 7 to your N1 (or coming from another ROM)?
1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager or Amon_RA's recovery image
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
3. Update your radio if necessary
4. WIPE
5. Install the ROM
5. Optionally install the Google Addon

- Upgrading from earlier CM7 or nightly build?
1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
3. Wipe Cache <--Added by me because it is Important IMO
2. Install the ROM (your Google apps will be backed up automatically)

baseballfanz
12-17-2010, 01:47 PM
Well I'm in line right behind you.:D

DudeRandom21
12-17-2010, 03:33 PM
I`m not even rooted and I`m exited:D

I`m going to root after gingerbread but still.

killerbender
12-17-2010, 05:28 PM
I think 3~6 weeks for CM7 (consider these holidays, cyanogen may not work too hard)

Mightytalldude
12-17-2010, 07:31 PM
He tweeted today that he was locking himself in his room for 3 days, with #gingerbread

iPhoneSlayer
12-17-2010, 10:26 PM
He tweeted: follow @cmsrc if you want to know what's happening in gingerbread land.

Mightytalldude
12-17-2010, 10:30 PM
He tweeted: follow @cmsrc if you want to know what's happening in gingerbread land.

They are moving quick with this.

DudeRandom21
12-17-2010, 10:47 PM
Who knows we may get cm7 before the official gingerbread OTA form Google.

nexgoose
12-17-2010, 11:56 PM
:thumbsup:

card0124
12-18-2010, 02:50 AM
This will be awesome i can't wait for this one. I hope it will breath some new life into my nexus which has been kinda dull lately.

latinfavio
12-18-2010, 04:15 AM
Can't wait either, my fiance just got a NS and I really do like Gingerbread..

Go Bills!

sliceburgslim
12-21-2010, 10:21 AM
Twitter has informed me that CM7 RCx is right around the corner.

http://twitpic.com/3i34gf

baseballfanz
12-21-2010, 11:55 AM
Very nice news. I really like the GB keyboard.:D

aseems
02-07-2011, 05:19 AM
Anyone know when we will have an RC/Stable Release?

sliceburgslim
02-07-2011, 01:49 PM
The first rule of CyanogenMod.....no etas

aseems
02-08-2011, 12:22 AM
Dumb Question

What does CM7 have that CM6 does not?

Any Performance/ Battery/Memory improvements?

dragongunner
02-08-2011, 10:15 AM
At this point I would rather CM7 than the official Gingerbread update because Google has played with us too long over it. We can always count on our Dev's. When we begin to trust Google and other large corporations we are in trouble. Keep it real and support the Devs! :wine1:

temasek
02-08-2011, 10:19 PM
At this point I would rather CM7 than the official Gingerbread update because Google has played with us too long over it. We can always count on our Dev's. When we begin to trust Google and other large corporations we are in trouble. Keep it real and support the Devs! :wine1:
Without the GB OTA for N1, CM7 seems a little crippled. Still loving it though.

So.................GOOGLE WHERE IS OUR UPDATE!!!!!!!! :spank1:

temasek
02-08-2011, 10:21 PM
Dumb Question

What does CM7 have that CM6 does not?

Any Performance/ Battery/Memory improvements?
U should be asking what does CM6 have that CM7 doesn't........... :p

CM6 is a more complete ROM.

CM7 still in early stages, not even RC1 yet - worst is OTA 2.3 N1 not out.

But...............I rather have CM7 than CM6 :D:D:D:D

baseballfanz
02-08-2011, 10:40 PM
[quote=aseems;91822]..............I rather have CM7 than CM6 :D:D:D:D

Same here, CM7 while still not a RC good enough for me.

danger-rat
02-08-2011, 11:13 PM
Temasek! Aren't you straying a bit away from home? xD

I agree CM7 is pretty cool!

It's funny, but the whole CM forum seems to have relocated to the nightly thread these days, and there's not much action in the stable threads. Goes to show where peoples hearts are at...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

temasek
02-08-2011, 11:42 PM
Temasek! Aren't you straying a bit away from home? xD

I agree CM7 is pretty cool!

It's funny, but the whole CM forum seems to have relocated to the nightly thread these days, and there's not much action in the stable threads. Goes to show where peoples hearts are at...

LOL! I missed u my dear rat!

Hardly see your posts in CM forums lately so pop in here abit cuz u are quite a popular figure here :)

danger-rat
02-08-2011, 11:46 PM
Lol!
Welcome to the friendliest forum around! It's good to see you here, because I think you're one of the top "go to" people that I've been fortunate enough to encounter. I certainly enjoy learning from you, anyway...

aseems
02-08-2011, 11:47 PM
+1

LOL! I missed u my dear rat!

Hardly see your posts in CM forums lately so pop in here abit cuz u are quite a popular figure here :)

It was because of Danger's Easy Root instructions
http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/nexus-one-development-hacking/10940-simple-sdk-setup-manual-root-guide-windows.html

& SBS's unstinting support that i rooted- FINALLY, when i was READY and disowned by the Gargoyle

dudedidtheplan
02-09-2011, 07:10 PM
Is anyone using ROM Manager to flash CM7? I was hoping to dl it, but at $5 with all of the recent reviews lamenting the lack of support ROM Manager has had, I'm a little leery.

I was hoping to to this as I've recently given my cable company a big middle finger and am now using tethering to get on the internet on my PC. It just seems like it's be a lot easier to just use ROM Manager on my phone.

rugmankc
02-09-2011, 08:10 PM
The only thing you need is Amon_Ra 2.2.1 and Quick Boot from Market

I don't use RM anymore, it has caused issues with some folks

temasek
02-09-2011, 08:56 PM
The only thing you need is Amon_Ra 2.2.1 and Quick Boot from Market

I don't use RM anymore, it has caused issues with some folks
Amen!!!!! :D

baseballfanz
02-10-2011, 12:27 AM
Look like my first major problems with Rom Manager.

-had build 38 flash everything going fine
-decide I wanted to nandroid back to 37 to test something
-try to restore via Rom manager and it got stuck at the dalvik
-rebooted into recovery and did the restore there, everything went good but got stuck on the CM7 bootscreen
-rebooted into recovery and try to flash build 38 again and once again stuck on CM7 boot screen
-it will not go past the CM7 boot animation screen no matter what
- help is appreciated

rugmankc
02-10-2011, 02:18 PM
Like above,

I would stop using RM and CW and go with Amon 2.2.1 and get to recovery thru another avenue like Quick Boot--No Issues :)

temasek
02-10-2011, 11:05 PM
Like above,

I would stop using RM and CW and go with Amon 2.2.1 and get to recovery thru another avenue like Quick Boot--No Issues :)
Thank goodness we still have a choice. Some other supported phones must use RM/CW for CM7.

Just hope we continue to have that choice.

aseems
02-10-2011, 11:33 PM
Two Dumb Questions/ Requests -

1) HOW TO use Amon Ra & Quick Boot for dummies like me (@danger-rat please??)

2) Which is the most stable Nightly on CM7? Opinions or facts?

temasek
02-10-2011, 11:38 PM
Two Dumb Questions/ Requests -

1) HOW TO use Amon Ra & Quick Boot for dummies like me (@danger-rat please??)

2) Which is the most stable Nightly on CM7? Opinions or facts?

1) Amon_RA Recovery is somewhat similiar to clockwork. Its rather dumb proof cuz the options very simple to understand. Good things about it
- You can mount your SD Card while in recovery. Idk whether clockwork can or not
- Wiping of partitions more full-proof then the other AFAIK.
- You can select which partitions u want to backup.
- Very few cases of problems using Amon_RA Recovery as compared to the other one.

As for Quick Boot, its an app in market. I am using Quick Boot Plus w/option for Hot booting.

2) Stable? Its different for everyone. To me is stable to others may not. I considered Build #3 stable to use as daily driver, right from start of CM7 Nightlies.

Oops I forgot...........maybe Danger-Rat wanna add anymore stuffs not mentioned?

aseems
02-11-2011, 05:20 AM
Thank you temasek!

SBS/ Danger... thoughts please...

Nexus One Gingerbread CM7 Update Brings WiFi Calling (http://www.gizmocrunch.com/android/5247-nexus-one-android-gingerbread-cm7-wifi-calling)

Nobby
02-11-2011, 07:18 AM
I want to move over to the nightlies from my current MUIU monster but i cant seem to navigate the site very well, could someone post a link to a good nightly?

baseballfanz
02-11-2011, 09:07 AM
Thank you temasek!

SBS/ Danger... thoughts please...

Nexus One Gingerbread CM7 Update Brings WiFi Calling (http://www.gizmocrunch.com/android/5247-nexus-one-android-gingerbread-cm7-wifi-calling)

As far as I know wifi calling is NOT built into CM7. You can flash unforgiven's wifi app he wrote for CM7.

temasek
02-11-2011, 10:48 AM
I want to move over to the nightlies from my current MUIU monster but i cant seem to navigate the site very well, could someone post a link to a good nightly?
Teamdouch site

http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?device=passion&type=nightly

dudedidtheplan
02-11-2011, 11:08 PM
Like above,

Thank goodness we still have a choice. Some other supported phones must use RM/CW for CM7.

Unfortunately. I don't feel I have a choice. My budget forced me to abandon cable. The only internet I have is my phone. Using it for internet via tethering. I'm not sure I want to download ROMs to my PC with that method. That's why I'm using ROM Manager and CM. RM does have Amon RA Mod. That's why I'm looking for another alternative. I suppose I could download straight to my SD-ext.

I'm happy with CM6, but would really like to try CM7.

rugmankc
02-11-2011, 11:16 PM
Understand Dude

It is not for all--whatever works for you

Amon just does better for some folks and I had issues dl'ing, flashing, restoring with CW thru RM

For some it works great

dragongunner
02-11-2011, 11:52 PM
I have been reading up as much as possible about the newer hboot that is recommended for CM7 nightlies. I still have the old hboot and have been using the nightlies. I do experience some wonkiness but it seems that others do also even with the newer hboot.

Can anyone please explain to me what it is and why I should update to the newer hboot? Pro's and Con's (if any con's) Is this something that I need to be concerned about? Thanks.

WERA689
02-12-2011, 01:45 AM
Like above,

Unfortunately. I don't feel I have a choice. My budget forced me to abandon cable. The only internet I have is my phone. Using it for internet via tethering. I'm not sure I want to download ROMs to my PC with that method. That's why I'm using ROM Manager and CM. RM does have Amon RA Mod. That's why I'm looking for another alternative. I suppose I could download straight to my SD-ext.

You do realize that in the long run, this practice is going to bite us ALL in the a**, right? This type of usage is exactly why tiered service and throttling exist...to keep the data-hungry few from using all the bandwidth that the rest of us need.

I'm not lecturing you, and I most certainly understand budget limitations; but sooner or later (and probably sooner), this is going to cost each of us--in speed, in usage, and money. We'll all lose.

alphawave7
02-12-2011, 02:46 AM
I say for browsing/surfing, tethering is fine...if doing serious routine downloading, bittorrents, streaming hd vid, etc. and using as a general WAN replacement, tethering is abuse of the mobile network. I even try to keep my audio streaming curtailed to 128kbps like a good netizen. No brownie points needed, just common sense. We'll eventually get a bit-bucket scenario, like satellite internet has, but it should only impact those that exploit the system.

DaveC
02-12-2011, 05:17 AM
It's bit us in the ar** in the UK where 4 of the 5 networks only include a basic 500MB on new contracts.

WERA689
02-12-2011, 05:34 AM
And it's already begun here, too. AT&T has already canceled unlimited data for new customers, and is forcing existing customers who are upgrading to smart phones to go with a tiered system. More than that, they are now charging for tethering--something that is built into Android (and is free on the Nexus One and S)!!

temasek
02-12-2011, 05:35 AM
Like above,

U can always download the rom thru your phone browser and flash the rom thru amon ra recovery. Many I believe including myself are doing this.

Most of the time I waited till I reach home and download rom via my home wifi.

dudedidtheplan
02-12-2011, 10:04 AM

U can always download the rom thru your phone browser and flash the rom thru amon ra recovery. Many I believe including myself are doing this.

Yeah. That's kinda what I was asking about. How long does it take to dl a ROM on hsdpa?

dudedidtheplan
02-12-2011, 10:13 AM
And it's already begun here, too. AT&T has already canceled unlimited data for new customers, and is forcing existing customers who are upgrading to smart phones to go with a tiered system. More than that, they are now charging for tethering--something that is built into Android (and is free on the Nexus One and S)!!

I'm not doing anything while tethered that's that demanding. Most of the drag is that I'm on full websites instead of mobile ones. But then I'm on here on my phone and not using tapatalk so its pretty much the same. I'm really not a bandwidth hog at all. My biggest vice is downloading mp3's and that's comes to about 20 MBA a week, at the most. I could probably get by with the T-Mobile 250mb planand still tether to PC if I wanted.

rugmankc
02-12-2011, 10:19 AM
I have been reading up as much as possible about the newer hboot that is recommended for CM7 nightlies. I still have the old hboot and have been using the nightlies. I do experience some wonkiness but it seems that others do also even with the newer hboot.

Can anyone please explain to me what it is and why I should update to the newer hboot? Pro's and Con's (if any con's) Is this something that I need to be concerned about? Thanks.

You may alraedy know this DG, but it is a Gingerbread requirement that has been circumnavigated by the current devs like Cyan to allow the GB roms to flash without the upgrade.

Not a techy, but believe it reduces the boot size and increases recovery to accomodate GB and help with the bad boot sectors some people have.

Don't know the details or why's, but that is my limited understanding.

I run fine on .33 and will not update until I have to.

Don't think anything is lost in doing it, haven't heard so anyway.

Possibly some older apps or roms--don't know.

Ken

rugmankc
02-12-2011, 10:26 AM
Yea, I think most of us are a couple gb per month. It is the heavy addicts using 5gb and more that are the badboys. Are those the bittorrent users? Not sure what that means exactly. I know there is a dl program called torrent, I think.

Wera you gotta get rooted, assume you have not done that yet.

You are just jealous--:):)

Just kidding--don't ban me--:wine1:

I think it will be more of a problem as the number of phones continues to grow world wide. I am probably to old to worry about it though. :)

Ken

Nobby
02-12-2011, 11:08 AM
I use a couple of GiG a week, my last bill totalled at 6Gb of 3G data and almost 22Gb using Wifi lol and i am still only classed as a medium user by Vodafone who try and cap me at 500Mb but a nice reminder of who signed up for UNLIMITED while it still stood for UNLIMITED and who has not singed a new contract normally gets them to back off :P

rugmankc
02-12-2011, 11:10 AM
OK, he is the one Wera :):):)

rugmankc
02-12-2011, 11:27 AM
Speaking of data usage--

I just changed to TMobile from CBW and in two weeks show 750mb usage. Up until yesterday it was around 200. last night we did some video chat for 5 minutes max to test it and my phone went from 100 to 200 so the other phone should not have incurred any more. Don't see where it could have jumped to 750mb. Will research both phones tonite and reset the data meter apps at start of next months bill.

Question is: I thought if you were on wifi as in using my router and att dsl internet lines with the phone, that did not go against TMO's phone data usage. Am I wrong? When I connect to my home's wifi, am I not off of TMO for data. Maybe not, since I could still make a call if I wanted to. Haven't looked into wifi calling with TMO.

Any thoughts,

Ken

dragongunner
02-12-2011, 12:27 PM
Anyone else using the new Honeycomb theme from here: Honeycomb Theme - CM7 Theme - HDPI Devices - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=943423)

I am and I friggin love it. Its not quite complete but I have yet to find any problems with it. If you havent tried it, give it a whirl. Its awesome.

rugmankc
02-12-2011, 12:35 PM
All really nice looking DG

Am using CyanBread now and like it

Ken

dudedidtheplan
02-12-2011, 09:52 PM
Speaking of data usage--

I just changed to TMobile from CBW and in two weeks show 750mb usage. Up until yesterday it was around 200. last night we did some video chat for 5 minutes max to test it and my phone went from 100 to 200 so the other phone should not have incurred any more. Don't see where it could have jumped to 750mb. Will research both phones tonite and reset the data meter apps at start of next months bill.

Question is: I thought if you were on wifi as in using my router and att dsl internet lines with the phone, that did not go against TMO's phone data usage. Am I wrong? When I connect to my home's wifi, am I not off of TMO for data. Maybe not, since I could still make a call if I wanted to. Haven't looked into wifi calling with TMO.

Any thoughts,

Ken
I think you need to shut off all data when you go on wifi in order to avoid adding extra MB's rugman. I'm finding T-Mobile to have become VERY unfriendly since Christmas. I gave my gf the Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant they replaced my Fender with. She doesn't have a data plan. Just uses wifi. I did this to avoid any charges. Well. Come to find out, they made it so that she can't send or recieve any media messages without data. They want her to get a $1.99 a MB plan so that she can receive pictures in text messages. What a load of crap!

What used to be Americas best customer service and friendliest network is quickly becoming nasty just like ATT and Verizon. I think I'll be switching to Sprint when my contract runs out.

rugmankc
02-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Thanks dude,

My son did that and will tell him to continue. Some one on MT4g forum said they should not be charging. I must wait till end of billing cycle and see. Will call them, since on the web for my account it only goes back to the 11th when we got the MT4g and shows no high usage at all for either the MT or N1. They need to publish the dates I used it. Maybe when we were on the trial period about 10 days with temp numbers. We also swapped sims after the MT was activated and numbers ported from CBW. Kinda confusing.

Ken

aseems
02-12-2011, 10:15 PM
This thread has been hijacked x-(
wera do something rather than just ranting off topic

dudedidtheplan
02-12-2011, 10:20 PM
Sorry aseems. I knew better. If you want to PM me rugmankc, feel free.

rugmankc
02-12-2011, 10:28 PM
If aseems pm's me, l'll develope an unrooting app and pm him back and when he opens it he will be back to unrooted. :)

Ain't much to discuss on CM7 lately. Need RC1

temasek
02-13-2011, 08:35 AM

Yeah. That's kinda what I was asking about. How long does it take to dl a ROM on hsdpa?
If on a non peak period and on teamdouch mirror #1, a 80mb rom would take me just a few minutes on mobile data downloading.

Mightytalldude
02-13-2011, 10:48 AM
Anyone else using the new Honeycomb theme from here: Honeycomb Theme - CM7 Theme - HDPI Devices - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=943423)

I am and I friggin love it. Its not quite complete but I have yet to find any problems with it. If you havent tried it, give it a whirl. Its awesome.

Just dl the theme. It's awesome. Thanks for the share.

rugmankc
02-15-2011, 11:17 PM
RC1 has dropped

danger-rat
02-15-2011, 11:19 PM
Good call Ken!
I'm all over it!!

rugmankc
02-15-2011, 11:23 PM
Hey,

Have any of you guys seen info on the latest Cyan apps package zip--like what is has any anything to be aware of other than standard flashing techniques. If it's in zip and not app format, where is it located and how activated. Just under wallpapers--I assume. Don't remember doing wallpapers thru zips before. Maybe I just forgot :think:

baseballfanz
02-15-2011, 11:28 PM
Hey,

Have any of you guys seen info on the latest Cyan apps package zip--like what is has any anything to be aware of other than standard flashing techniques. If it's in zip and not app format, where is it located and how activated. Just under wallpapers--I assume. Don't remember doing wallpapers thru zips before. Maybe I just forgot :think:
What app package are you talking about?
link?

rugmankc
02-15-2011, 11:35 PM
[UNOFFICIAL][ROM][GIGGLEBREAD] CM7 Whenever Builds - Prints Money, Cooks Bacon! - Page 439 - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=883605&page=439)

dragongunner
02-15-2011, 11:46 PM
Just installed RC1. Everything looking fine so far. Love the new lock screen.

rugmankc
02-16-2011, 12:25 AM
CM7 fine here

The cyan apps package failed to flash--couldn't find update script.

Bad dl?

Don't matter--like CyanBread theme anyway.

Ken

baseballfanz
02-16-2011, 12:35 AM
CM7 fine here

Bad dl?

Ken
Those package app get merge into the rom, you don't flash it. It should be in the RC

sliceburgslim
02-16-2011, 01:12 AM
the Theme Chooser App is Sick! Currently using the DeadMau5 theme.

Syntax323
02-16-2011, 01:52 AM
Wtf? I'm guessing Rom Manager hasn't been updated to see RC1??

I had no idea RC1 dropped.

aseems
02-16-2011, 02:06 AM
CM7 fine here

Bad dl?

Ken
Those package app get merge into the rom, you don't flash it. It should be in the RC

I messed up my install.. as the download didn't contain gapps

I tried to install the froyo gapps via Rom Manager... went into a bootloop

Restored back to CM 6.1.0 RC1...

Will try complete install CWM with gapps later, when i'm at home on wifi

aseems
02-16-2011, 04:38 AM
What are the
1) Performance
2) Memory Usage
3) Battery savings (?)

That you are experiencing over and above CM6
or are they the same (god-forbid worse?)

The Jump from Eclair to Froyo was breath-taking
from Froyo to CM6.1.0 RC1 MIND BLOWING

What's it like in the 3 main issues that niggle all smart phone users?

bellator7
02-16-2011, 07:06 AM
About bandwidth, I pay a pretty penny for mine. $100/mo for Roadrunner "Wideband" and another $100 for T-Mobile Unlimited everything. Shouldn't I get what I pay for? And if something bites me in the ass, isn't that the service providers' problem for which they are responsible and obligated under my contract to rectify?

Plus, don't worry, Keynesian economics will take care of itself ;), (in Ricky Gervaise's voice) as it does...

robsw
02-16-2011, 07:34 AM
I'm on 6.1.1. If I install CM7 can I replace all apps, including the google apps, with a titanium backup or do I need to install the gapps package too?

rugmankc
02-16-2011, 07:35 AM
CM7 fine here

Bad dl?

Ken

Ok

I dl'd it before I flashed RC, then flashed it after I flashed RC. Didn't see any other info on
it.

Nobby
02-16-2011, 09:15 AM
is the XDA site down? all the links i keep following to get to the goodies keep timing out :( i want CM7!!!!

nexgoose
02-16-2011, 10:40 AM
tried to dl last night...fell asleep...when i woke up, it was stuck on 'lost+found' in recovery...

pulled out battery...nandroid restore...went back to rom mgr and the cm7 is gone??

jonno2k
02-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Hmmmm debating on jumping back to CM after being with Rod's MIUI for so long. I just find that ROM getting slower with recent releases.

dragongunner
02-16-2011, 11:47 AM
Hmmmm debating on jumping back to CM after being with Rod's MIUI for so long. I just find that ROM getting slower with recent releases.

Join the club bro. I was running MIUI for a long time and decided to get on board with the CM7 nightlies (now cm7 rc1). It was like a fresh blast of fresh air for me. I will stick with CM7 for a while and when it gets stale I will go back to MIUI. I love having choices. :wine1:

nexgoose
02-16-2011, 02:18 PM
well, i got it to work! it's awesome i tell you...but when i was in the process of doing a nandroid back-up, it gets stuck again on this "lost+found' thing...wth!

will re-flash it later or back to 6.1...

jonno2k
02-16-2011, 04:08 PM
Actually, ya - battery performance is my main issue. I accidentally said recent MIUI releases have been running slower... I guess others complained about that but I haven't noticed it. What I have noticed is weaker battery life compared to older releases.

So if anybody has any battery stats for CM7, I'll take 'em :)

rugmankc
02-16-2011, 04:40 PM
CM7 fine here

Bad dl?

Ken

I messed up my install.. as the download didn't contain gapps

I tried to install the froyo gapps via Rom Manager... went into a bootloop

Restored back to CM 6.1.0 RC1...

Will try complete install CWM with gapps later, when i'm at home on wifi

aseems,

The apps we were talking about is wallpaper. You can gey the latest CM7 gapps from here: [NIGHTLY][ROM] [GRH78C] CyanogenMod 7 for vendor Passion (HTC Nexus One) - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=723844) under Latest Version/Google Add-on. Cyan never includes gapps or Dark Tremor. CM7 will get you to the Gingerbread feel, after awhile they all seem the same to me. I don't use Rom Mangager to do anything. I boot into Amon_Ra recovery with Quick Boot. Just FYI

Even if you use Clockwork, I would still use something else to boot into it.

Ken

sliceburgslim
02-16-2011, 06:48 PM
I was able to use Rom Manager to Download CM7 and Gapps. Wiped and flashed with Clockwork No Problem. 0 issues on my end. Weird how its different for different phones.

rugmankc
02-16-2011, 06:53 PM
Yea, it is weird Slim,

I would have issues with RM on occasion, zero with Amon and Quick Boot. May be the version too.

Ken

nexgoose
02-16-2011, 07:03 PM
are there any compatible kernels for CM7 out there?

thanx!

jonno2k
02-16-2011, 11:17 PM
Yea, it is weird Slim,

I would have issues with RM on occasion, zero with Amon and Quick Boot. May be the version too.

Ken

I should probably get to know how to use the other tools out there. I've always used Rom Manager (I have the 1-click root, locked bootloader) so I don't know if that makes a difference to my options or not.

But so far (knock on wood) Rom Manager has always worked.

FC1032
02-17-2011, 03:24 AM
Hey guys, I need your help!!

Well I'm coming from MIUI 1.2.11. I thought just flashing the ROM normally would work, but its not.

The first time I tried, it gave me a status 7 error, but I downloaded again and now it installs. So after booting, it shows me setup and then the pin lock shows ups. The thing starts boot looping on me :(

I've tried wiping everything but it doesn't work. So far, I've also just updated my radio to the 5.12.008 korean version, still no luck. I heard the new clockwork doesn't work, so I tried downgrading, also no luck.

Any ideas on what I should do? Perhaps you guys can share your setup?

Nobby
02-17-2011, 04:27 AM
Hey guys, I need your help!!

Well I'm coming from MIUI 1.2.11. I thought just flashing the ROM normally would work, but its not.

The first time I tried, it gave me a status 7 error, but I downloaded again and now it installs. So after booting, it shows me setup and then the pin lock shows ups. The thing starts boot looping on me :(

I've tried wiping everything but it doesn't work. So far, I've also just updated my radio to the 5.12.008 korean version, still no luck. I heard the new clockwork doesn't work, so I tried downgrading, also no luck.

Any ideas on what I should do? Perhaps you guys can share your setup?

I went from Rod's latest miui with no problems, what i did was after reading problems with rom manager i flashed the latest Amon and downloaded QBoot, then downloaded the new HBoot from the CM site along with the Gaps and the actual rom then entered recovery via QBoot, Wiped to factory settings then;

Installed Hboot
Restarted
Installed CM7
Restarted
Installed Gaps
Restarted
Nandroided
Restarted
Made a cup of Tea
Restarted

After all that i started it up, did the usual and it worked fine, it even connected to the quest wireless i had running and started to restore my apps and data :) although i have yet to find how to change the battery options to show a percentage lol

FC1032
02-17-2011, 05:26 AM
Thanks for the tips :) I'll need to try again.

As for the % bar, I read somewhere that you can't get the number to show on the bar because the icon is now vertical rather than horizontal... Maybe you could double check that :D

EDIT: Thanks! finally got it to work :) there a little more polish everywhere! Apparently, the reason why it boot looped on me was because i was using the older froyo gapps. (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=11399773&postcount=118)

Ouuuuu the fun of a new update!! can't wait for the final release :D

cbroberts2010
02-17-2011, 12:08 PM
I've just been so stubborn and kept Amon Revovery 1.7 so long..now I've upgraded to 2.2.1 and flashed cm7 and can't get off the welcome screen...any suggestions? Tried all the usual, pulling the battery, wiping, reflashing..no luck though.

temasek
02-17-2011, 02:23 PM
I've just been so stubborn and kept Amon Revovery 1.7 so long..now I've upgraded to 2.2.1 and flashed cm7 and can't get off the welcome screen...any suggestions? Tried all the usual, pulling the battery, wiping, reflashing..no luck though.
Try flashing the gapps again, this time this gapps for amon recovery only

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ccxkxi9mjggls0p

dragongunner
02-17-2011, 03:17 PM
Having great battery life with CM7 RC1. Light usage, my norm at the moment, and I am at 50% (stock kernel at 1113MHz) at 1 day and 12 hours since last charge. Reminds me of miui back in the day. Very well done cyanogen.

FC1032
02-17-2011, 07:27 PM
So far, its draining about 1-2% per hour (in standby) which is on par with my MIUI installs :)

I have yet to try using it heavily though.

fridley
02-17-2011, 08:29 PM
Well.... flashing CM7 did one thing for me, and one thing only.....

It killed my Nexus one..... :-(

http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/nexus-one-development-hacking/11349-seems-i-have-bricked-my-phone-no-bootloader.html#post92581

rugmankc
02-17-2011, 09:36 PM
did you see my reply to that thread?

I don't think you can brick it flashing a rom

you might have to passimg back to stock thru adb and start over worse case

baseballfanz
02-17-2011, 10:00 PM
It killed my Nexus one..... :-(

ROMs don't kill phones, peoples kill phones.:D

nexgoose
02-17-2011, 10:32 PM
just flashed RA recovery v2.2.1 and installed the iNexus theme

aseems
02-18-2011, 02:15 AM
NOW This is INTERESTING!

What are the
1) Performance
2) Memory Usage
3) Battery savings (?)

That you are experiencing over and above CM6
or are they the same (god-forbid worse?)?

So far, its draining about 1-2% per hour (in standby) which is on par with my MIUI installs :)

I have yet to try using it heavily though.

Having great battery life with CM7 RC1. Light usage, my norm at the moment, and I am at 50% (stock kernel at 1113MHz). Reminds me of miui back in the day. Very well done cyanogen.

Thanks for your offer Rugmankc ...

but i follow MY DARK LORD -
+1 from his paduwan

I was able to use Rom Manager to Download CM7 and Gapps. Wiped and flashed with Clockwork No Problem. 0 issues on my end.

As we say in the Matrix "I'm IN"
Simple "Downoad ROM" through ROM Manager with CWM Recovery 2.5.1.4

NEWB LEARNING - DO NOT RENAME THE CLOCKWORDMOD RECOVERY - THE BACKUP & RESTORE FOLDER NAME Located at X:\clockworkmod\backup
and now..
ALL is Right with the World :wine1: (again)

FC1032
02-18-2011, 07:37 PM
OK... After a day of use:

I had my phone fully charged at 3PM yesterday, It's now 11:30 AM: I have 52% left.

I think my initial reactions might be wrong (sorry! that 1-2% per hour light use), cause when I absolutely leave my phone on standby not using it at all like yesterday, MIUI would give me 10%-15% PER DAY on the same config (not sure if GB slows the CPU to save battery, but I selected that on MIUI.. I also have a black wall paper + auto airplane mode during sleep hours)

But there are some nice tweaks here and there :) Just wished battery life was a bit better.

Some pros:

This would have been GREAT on the Nexus one (stock)
There's some nice finishing and polish everywhere
Not sure if its the new radio, but touch seems alittle more responsive
Dunno if its the GB theme, but the colours look great on this rom!
Angry birds seem to run very smoothly :)
I love that screen on/off animation!

Some cons:

As mentioned, the battery life is below par compared to my MIUI experiences :) I might jump back actually, there is a new update today
The camera is limited at this point (no CM goodies)
Not sure if its the new radio or the ROM itself, but my wifi reception is worse. I was able to watch youtube in my room with no probs before, but now it would lose connection frequently.
I can't change the trackball settings, it just keeps flashing a random colour :( not the one I chose.
Many of my previous apps and widgets don't work :|
WHY HASN'T MIUI STARTED WORK ON GINGERBREAD?

To be fair though, if this ROM seems to be very "stock". My CM experiences were ROM that were filled with lots of (functional) goodies that kept me busy for days :D.

I'm going to jump back to MIUI for now, I hope the final build gets better :)

cbroberts2010
02-19-2011, 09:41 AM
Thanks temasek, that link did not work, but i just used the universal gapps and voila, no more boot loops....whew....got worried there for a minute.

aseems
02-21-2011, 07:06 AM
Okay here's my feedback after 72 hours
i do feel that there is definitely scope for a CM7 RC2, as -

1) Performance - no difference from CM6.1.0RC1
2) Memory Usage - got about 8MB more on internal
3) Battery savings - no difference from CM6.1.0RC1

Only plus point, cosmetic changes.... LOVE the Androidian Theme (Disclosure - I'm a HUGE Matrix Fan)

Minor glitches with certain apps, found replacements that work

*My opinion is subject to change with time and use of CM7, as i'm not planning going back to CM6.1.0RC1... but i am contemplating Rod's MIUI 2.5.2 (if someone can give/point me to a simple step by step procedure) in the not too distant future

iPeck
02-21-2011, 06:59 PM
Hows the camera on cm7?

*Posted from my sweet rooted Nexus One via hit'n'yak ;)

dudedidtheplan
02-21-2011, 09:14 PM
Hows the camera on cm7?

*Posted from my sweet rooted Nexus One via hit'n'yak ;)

Camera is significantly better. No signs of the gingerbread problems. Has focus square and face recognition as well. In addition the flash is actually worth something now! It really illuminates!

As for what aseems says. I disagree on a few things.

The keyboard and editing features are quite nice and snappy.
Performance is faster and much smoother.
Battery drain is just as horrible as 6.1.1.
My phone has done this weird half reboot twice now. Once when typing this post. Suddenly it reboots to the cyanogen boot screen. It is relatively quick, but a real problem. From what I've read the Nexus S has this problem so it's a gingerbread problem.

fahdbhatti
02-22-2011, 04:07 AM
I flashed the CM7 RC1 few days ago and then I tried to install all the gapps but it failed to install MAPS AND GMAIL. Now my question is that am I the only one facing this problem or its with the CM7 RC1. Other than that do you recommend me to use CM7 or the MIUI. Thanks in advance.

iPeck
02-22-2011, 04:50 AM
Tx for the feedback ;)

*Posted from my sweet rooted Nexus One via hit'n'yak

fahdbhatti
02-22-2011, 04:56 AM
Another problem with the CM7 RC1 is that my phone ran really hot on it now I'm back to stock FRG83G android 2.2.2 my phone works perfectly now no issues at all and surprisingly my phone is consuming less battery as well I have around 30 apps installed.

aseems
02-22-2011, 06:48 AM
did you use the correct gapps? Index of /google-apps/ (http://goo-inside.me/google-apps/#hdpi)

i made the mistake of using the CM6.1 version...

I solved the problem by being completely brainless, and letting Koush's ROM Manager (CWM ver 2.5.1.4) "Download ROM" & Gapps over Wifi

DaveC
02-22-2011, 07:08 AM
Moved up from CM6 to CM7 and had nothing but problems with battery drain.

Looking at battery usage it seemed that the drain was due to the Android System so I cleared everything out and did a totally clean install.

Day 1 was fine; day 2 system usage had gone up 15%; day 3 another 20%.

I've no idea what is causing it but I have decided to go back to CM6 for now which works fine with all the same programs and settings as those I had with CM7

fahdbhatti
02-22-2011, 07:11 AM
I didn't downloaded gapps myself the Rom manager downloaded it for me and I had problem with that gapps file it installed the rest but didn't installed the maps and gmail. I even tried to download these files directly from the market they also failed to install.

jonno2k
02-22-2011, 09:41 AM
I didn't downloaded gapps myself the Rom manager downloaded it for me and I had problem with that gapps file it installed the rest but didn't installed the maps and gmail. I even tried to download these files directly from the market they also failed to install.

They worked for me when I tried CM7. I grabbed the ROM.zip and gapps.zip from the CM7 site and flash both myself, using ROM Manager.

iPhoneSlayer
02-22-2011, 09:46 AM
Hey guys,
How do you use wifi calling on CM7? Do we need a separate app? I went to call settings and see internet calling, but I keeps seeing people posting that they have an app by Unforgiven that has to be on. Thanks.

fahdbhatti
02-22-2011, 09:53 AM
Hmmmmm I will try this thanks a lot :)

dudedidtheplan
02-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Gapps didn't work for me but once titanium popped IP, gmail and a couple of others that failed popped up. Did you try to manually sign into your phone? I had to do that.

dudedidtheplan
02-22-2011, 11:04 AM
The battery drain us outrageous. I switched on 3g, opened gmail, deleted 3 emails, opened one that linked this thread, made my post using gingerbread keyboard, and took three pics using flash.....my battery went down 5% before I had a chance to turn all data off! I'm stuck with no Widgets ans no data, (turn it on when needed) and still lose between 1-2% per hour.

fahdbhatti
02-22-2011, 11:07 AM
Gapps didn't work for me but once titanium popped IP, gmail and a couple of others that failed popped up. Did you try to manually sign into your phone? I had to do that.

Yes I did everything but the actual problem is that Gmail and maps applications weren't installing

baseballfanz
02-22-2011, 12:11 PM
Hey guys,
How do you use wifi calling on CM7? Do we need a separate app? I went to call settings and see internet calling, but I keeps seeing people posting that they have an app by Unforgiven that has to be on. Thanks.
The WiFi calling app by Unforgiven is the app in which if you have no celluar
connection you can use WiFi signal to make a call. It is a tmobile only feature. The internet calling you see in call settings is for SIP calls.
Two totally different things.:nexusx: Which area of Sugar Land you in?

iPhoneSlayer
02-22-2011, 12:25 PM
Hey guys,
connection you can use WiFi signal to make a call. It is a tmobile only feature. The internet calling you see in call settings is for SIP calls.
Thanks man.
Cool to have another Sugar Land poster here. I'm in the New Territory area. How about you? Looks like the app from Unforgiven is what I need when I go to drink at Town Center and don't get a signal inside. Looks like I'm gonna have to go drinking to test it out:dance:

baseballfanz
02-22-2011, 12:39 PM
Hey guys,
Thanks man.
Cool to have another Sugar Land poster here. I'm in the New Territory area. How about you? Looks like the app from Unforgiven is what I need when I go to drink at Town Center and don't get a signal inside. Looks like I'm gonna have to go drinking to test it out:dance:
Cool, I use to live in NT. Now in the Village of Oak Lakes area.
Hwy6/W. Airport

aseems
02-22-2011, 11:33 PM
I got my first BootLoop on CM7 today morning...as I was trying to "Register" with CM7 for updates

I did the three finger salute and hard rebooted.... i then went into Recovery> Advanced> Fix Permissions, then rebooted again ... it seems fine now

I've "opted in" to send my statistics... i dearly look forward to RC2 hopefully

I don't know whether to be happy that there is scope for improvement on 2.3.2 or sad that CM7.0.0-RC1 isn't as awesome and glitch free as CM6.1.0-RC1

that's my 2 cents

dudedidtheplan
02-23-2011, 04:11 PM
I tried to backup my CM7 RC1 last night. It kept lo king up. Each time I had to reboot into bootloader. Finally gave up. Like I want to backup an unstable ROM. And yes I was using ROM Manager.

sliceburgslim
02-23-2011, 04:15 PM
Tried using AmonRa Recovery?

sliceburgslim
02-23-2011, 04:18 PM
Guys, remember this is a Release Candidate Rom. If you want something more stable I would suggest CM6.1 stable.

danger-rat
02-23-2011, 04:46 PM
I tried to backup my CM7 RC1 last night. It kept lo king up. Each time I had to reboot into bootloader. Finally gave up. Like I want to backup an unstable ROM. And yes I was using ROM Manager.

Which recovery did you use? I'm VERY wary of Clockworkmod 3.x...

Like Slim suggested, try Amon, or even Clockwork 2.x

iPhoneSlayer
02-23-2011, 04:51 PM
What is a good kernel do you guys suggest on CM7? My battery is draining too fast with the kernel it comes with.

danger-rat
02-23-2011, 06:17 PM
I believe pershoots kernel is a common fix for battery issues, but I've no personal experience. I'm never more than a few feet away from my chargers...

rugmankc
02-23-2011, 06:48 PM
Hi Slayer,

I am like DR--chargers at home, work, and in the car. Never met a kernal that didn't chew up the battery. But, I run wifi, bt, and full screen brightness all the time.

I think the concensus is to stick with stock on the nightlies, since they change things daily for testing and a kernal working well today may not tomorrow.

If you are staying on RC1 then try like DR said Pershoots or even IR and WM's

Sorry, not much help--looked over XDA and CM sites and didn't see any recommendation for one over another.

Ken

danger-rat
02-23-2011, 08:44 PM
What is a good kernel do you guys suggest on CM7? My battery is draining too fast with the kernel it comes with.

Some battery stuff:
http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?/topic/15882-CM7%20RC1%20Terrible%20Battery%20Life

Mightytalldude
02-24-2011, 01:48 AM
I tried pershoots kernel a while back with great success while on 6.1. For the nightlies, sticking with the included kernels to help with the statistics feedback. Probably doesn't hurt that I have the monster 3200mAh battery but the battery does fluctuate on different builds to a certain degree.

iPhoneSlayer
02-24-2011, 09:17 AM
Thanks Ken, DR, and Dude,
I'll stick with the current kernal because I'm planning on flashing a nightly soon. My battery usage showed that Beautiful Widgets ate up about 30%. I took your advice and brought a charger to work so now I can play with my phone all day and not worry about the battery....and maybe I'll do some work also....maybe. :)

gshine
02-25-2011, 12:30 AM
Mine crashed giving me the Nexus one X the first time I flashed it. Gave me mild apprehension as that was the first flash I'd ever had an issue with. There was already a post here that helped me through it and I recovered. The second flash went off without a hitch. I'm having much better battery life than I was with the last version of 6. The only other issue I've had is when the phone interface freaked out. I tried to make a call, went to the screen I get when a call is in progress, but nothing happened. Tried to go back to the contacts screen and I had no control over anything. THEN the call seemed to go through but I couldn't talk or hang up. A reboot solved the problem.

Oh and Hello to you Sugarland people. I'm in Katy.

baseballfanz
02-25-2011, 12:45 AM

I've been using only the stock kernel but wildmonk just updated his kernel
http://wildmonks.whoisthedrizzle.com/kernel/2.6.35/022311/

@gshine, howdy neighbor

rugmankc
02-25-2011, 12:52 AM
gshine,

Search Google for Dewonkificator

It is an apk that you dl to sdcard and just open. It will install and solve phone issue. May need to restart after flashing nightlies.

If you can't find it, let me know. I can't search now. It is on CM7 XDA thread.

Ken

rugmankc
02-25-2011, 12:54 AM

I've been using only the stock kernel but wildmonk just updated his kernel
Index of /kernel/2.6.35/022311 (http://wildmonks.whoisthedrizzle.com/kernel/2.6.35/022311/)

@gshine, howdy neighbor

Yea, forgot I just saw that, may try. Nandroid first.

aseems
02-25-2011, 10:12 PM
Now that the faithful have got their gbread...

Do you think we'll get CM 7.1 based in GB 2.3.3?

How may we expedite that? :D

I'm in no mood to go back to stock, without A2SD

danger-rat
02-26-2011, 10:52 AM
I'd hold off on going back to stock, anyway. The old exploits no longer seem to be working for Gingerbread, so a new method of rooting is needed...

I would say anything new in Gingerbread will be in CM7 very soon... xD

rugmankc
02-26-2011, 11:06 AM
Stock is like eating a cake with no icing--Cyan is the icing :wine1:

nexgoose
02-26-2011, 12:57 PM
been reading the cm7 thread on xda..installed the dewonkificator...here's what i found so far: does "car home" work for u guys? i can see the icon on the noti bar, but doesnt open...plus sound goes to stock when rebooted..

thanx N1 kru !

danger-rat
02-26-2011, 05:14 PM
been reading the cm7 thread on xda..installed the dewonkificator...here's what i found so far: does "car home" work for u guys? i can see the icon on the noti bar, but doesnt open...plus sound goes to stock when rebooted..

thanx N1 kru !

Car home is a two part app, so unless you have both parts it won't work. Check which you have, and pull the other half from a stock ROM or update...

aseems
03-03-2011, 05:20 AM
is it just me or is there a noticeable (and inconvenient) lag when we receive calls on CM 7.0.0RC1 (incoming calls)?

Tapage
03-03-2011, 08:41 AM
is it just me or is there a noticeable (and inconvenient) lag when we receive calls on CM 7.0.0RC1 (incoming calls)?

it happens to me too ..

dudedidtheplan
03-03-2011, 04:58 PM
yep me too.

rugmankc
03-03-2011, 11:24 PM
The phone.apk isn't final yet, hence the need for Dewonkificater. There are issues with 911 Emergency calling. I think when all that is sorted out, it will work fine. Build 12 is smooth for me.

Ken

rugmankc
03-03-2011, 11:37 PM
Here's one of the latest IR CM7 Kernals: 2.6.37_AVS-CM7-WIFIFAST_CFS_20110214_2145.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/?e5fs61noc9uo2m8)

aseems
03-05-2011, 03:13 AM
The phone.apk isn't final yet, hence the need for Dewonkificater. There are issues with 911 Emergency calling. I think when all that is sorted out, it will work fine. Build 12 is smooth for me.
Ken

Thank you old friend
I just downloaded the "dewonkificator" apk from the xda thread and installed it, here's hoping it works :wine:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=935250

Build 12 it seems is based on 2.3.3 perhaps the issue has been fixed...?

Gives me a tangible.reason to look forward to rc2!

I do hope they can get us to a stable D2W from the current A2SD!

Would be great to have some more headroom... Speaking of which my experience with MIUI (RoD's) was disappointing...

But I've kept a nandroid image... For the OTA icon to official gingerbread 2.3.3

rugmankc
03-05-2011, 01:47 PM
assems,

I have 0 wonks with the app

Not yet fixed in 12, need to solve the 911 issue

Good idea on nandroids on old roms, I still have Micro's 1.7 Desire Rom. I move some to pc to help with free memory.

Have you tried MIUI-Dev: MIUI Developers - Official MIUI Developer Blog (http://www.miui-dev.com/) I like it and use a solid black wallpaper. Reduces the iphone icon effect for me.

sliceburgslim
03-08-2011, 01:57 AM
CM7 RC2 is Out!

aseems
03-08-2011, 02:17 AM
Fantastic News!

CyanogenMod Ver7 RC2!!! (http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?type=RC&device=passion)

Thanks SBS!

sliceburgslim
03-08-2011, 02:28 AM
Check this out if you are having problems with Call Wonkiness

[ADDON] CM7 Dewonkificator [v1.3 02/16/11] - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=935250)

aseems
03-08-2011, 02:37 AM
Thanks Again O Emperor Darth Slice! :thank_you2:

Thanks to rugmankc I am using the dewonkificator to great effect

I just downloaded CM 7.0.0RC2-N1 on my compuey!

and i put it in the correct folder on my SD Card ... and Voila, ROM Manager detects it, & I'm READY to LAUNCH :dance: ...(wipe data & cache / backup exsisting rom option screen)

but will have to wait till i get some time to rebuild all my apps & widgets.

sliceburgslim
03-08-2011, 03:04 AM
You shouldnt have to wipe before flashing this update if you are on CM7 RC1. just make a Nandroid Backup First.

aseems
03-08-2011, 05:09 AM
http://www.cyanogenmod.com/blog/cyanogenmod-7-0-0-rc2-is-here

some interesting comments, seems a clean install is what i need

KeithLM says:
March 8, 2011 at 4:45 am
I went through ROM Manager, was prompted for Google Apps, hit that, and then after RC2 installed Ive got no google apps nor are my accounts there. Anyone have any idea what happened?

vin2themax says:
March 8, 2011 at 5:16 am
I have the same problem as KeithLM!!!! need help!!!

CutBones says:
March 8, 2011 at 5:54 am
CM7 rocks problems with RC2: Gmail, Faceook, Google Voice all FC. Most important Manage and Restore is empty, no back ups.

CutBones says:
March 8, 2011 at 8:02 am
Clean install everything perfect.

tonybhoy
03-08-2011, 05:18 AM
same here mate,it is also saying sd card needs to be formatted???so im going back to rc1 to see if its back to normal,back on rc1 and all is fine with my sd card so i'll lay off rc2 for now lol

DaveC
03-08-2011, 07:17 AM
Just did a backup from RC1 and then installed Via Rom Manager - no problems with Google apps etc

baseballfanz
03-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Don't use rom manager.
Put file on sd card, reboot initio recovery and flash the file from there. I flash nightlies to rc1 to more nightlies to rc2 and to build 14 and never a problems (I wipe cache and dalvik before every flash).
However if you are having any kind of problems right now a clean install is good.

danger-rat
03-08-2011, 09:37 AM
I use ROM Manager all the time. Flying by the seat of my pants... xD

dragongunner
03-08-2011, 10:03 AM
I am gonna stick with the nightlies myself until the final version comes out. Love flashing roms. :wine1:

Mightytalldude
03-08-2011, 10:49 AM
No issues flashing RC2 using cwm.

dudedidtheplan
03-08-2011, 03:59 PM
I use ROM Manager all the time. Flying by the seat of my pants... xD

It's not on ROM Manager...is it? I sure don't see it, and I've received no update for it since they went back to the old icon.

danger-rat
03-08-2011, 04:06 PM
ROM Manager updates are naff. You only get updates from nightly to nightly, or RC to RC, so if your on a nightly you won't get an RC notification...

rugmankc
03-08-2011, 06:50 PM
http://www.cyanogenmod.com/blog/cyanogenmod-7-0-0-rc2-is-here

some interesting comments, seems a clean install is what i need

KeithLM says:
March 8, 2011 at 4:45 am
I went through ROM Manager, was prompted for Google Apps, hit that, and then after RC2 installed Ive got no google apps nor are my accounts there. Anyone have any idea what happened?

vin2themax says:
March 8, 2011 at 5:16 am
I have the same problem as KeithLM!!!! need help!!!

CutBones says:
March 8, 2011 at 5:54 am
CM7 rocks problems with RC2: Gmail, Faceook, Google Voice all FC. Most important Manage and Restore is empty, no back ups.

CutBones says:
March 8, 2011 at 8:02 am
Clean install everything perfect.

Slims right aseems,

Always nandroid first or have a recent one--but, going from RC1 to RC2 should need only wipe of Dalvik Cache and Cache. You can always restore if a problem occurs. RC2 is really Nightly 13, as far as I can tell.

I only fully format/wipe if changing roms.

There are always a few who have upgrade issues, most of them seem to be using Rom Manager or CW 3.+

Cyan is only recommending a wipe from CM6 to CM7 RC's

Ken

dudedidtheplan
03-08-2011, 11:07 PM
Hey danger. I was referring to ROM Manager updates that would have RC2 in the flash/Download ROM section

danger-rat
03-08-2011, 11:10 PM
Hey danger. I was referring to ROM Manager updates that would have RC2 in the flash/Download ROM section

RC2 is showing up as available on my ROM Manager. In fact, that's how I downloaded it...

rugmankc
03-08-2011, 11:19 PM
Mine too

Download ROM/CyanogenMod

I also have Update Notifications checked under Settings--not sure if that matters though

Ken

dudedidtheplan
03-08-2011, 11:22 PM
Hmmm. Strange. Not on mine earlier but is now. Lol.

I've stuck with MIUI that I got from the MIUI app in the market since Saturday and really like how customization le it is. I do wish there were an app drawer for it. Anyway I may stick with it for a few more days before going to CM7 RC2. I really liked RC1 minus a couple of things... so I'm looking forward to frying this one out.

danger-rat
03-08-2011, 11:23 PM
If you want an app drawer, just use your favorite launcher...

rugmankc
03-08-2011, 11:26 PM
Dude--don't "fry" it too long, it will burn :)

I think LauncherPro will work--but, I like the look as it is different from Cm and others--a change

GB is coming to MIUI on 1-18

MIUI Developers - Official MIUI Developer Blog (http://www.miui-dev.com/)

dudedidtheplan
03-08-2011, 11:28 PM
Oh. I guess I thought that wouldn't work. Going to try ADW EX then. I really need to give launcher pro a try sometime. Heard real good things about it.

rugmankc
03-08-2011, 11:31 PM
I like both and they have backup options esp for home screens

Lots of good comments on EX

It's just by using them on MIUI--it loses something for me

danger-rat
03-08-2011, 11:33 PM
How about Go Launcher, Helix Launcher, or Circle Launcher?

I'm holding out for SPB Mobile Shell (signed up for beta, but no response)...

rugmankc
03-08-2011, 11:36 PM
You guys got me excited--may try ADW on MIUI after GB out for it

Used LP a lot, but would would like to give EX a shot

Happy with ADW on CM7

Here's a discussion on them--nothing new and a few months old, as MIUI now has a backup option

Stock Launcher or Launcher Pro with MIUI??? - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-d1-miui/92695-stock-launcher-launcher-pro-miui.html)

danger-rat
03-08-2011, 11:38 PM
I use ADW EX and love it!!!!

rugmankc
03-08-2011, 11:40 PM
It will be my next Market purchase :)

aseems
03-08-2011, 11:41 PM
Guys!

What is CM7 RC 2 Like?

I must confess I've got quite fond of RC1 - with dewonkificator...

Do share your experience

Thanks in advance

danger-rat
03-08-2011, 11:43 PM
So far, I'm not happy with it, and I'm considering switching to MIUI...

Lots of problems!

rugmankc
03-08-2011, 11:44 PM
I personally don't see any significant functional difference except for Profiles like BB's have.

They do seem smoother though as they progress

rugmankc
03-08-2011, 11:45 PM

Lots of problems!

Like what DR

dudedidtheplan
03-08-2011, 11:52 PM
I really like EX but agree with Ken now that I loaded it on MIUI. First thing I noticed was that I couldn't do some customizations. Like 3D mode. The MIUI settings seem trouble over ride the ads settings. :-(

rugmankc
03-08-2011, 11:57 PM
Maybe I won't try it on MIUI lol

But, will still try EX on CM7

I love 3D Cubed on MIUI and the virtually unlimited home screens

dudedidtheplan
03-08-2011, 11:57 PM
Oh never mind. I found the ads ex settings icons. Still not sure I'll like it. I'm slowly becoming a miui fan.

rugmankc
03-09-2011, 12:03 AM
:rofl3: OK, maybe I will try it

Calling it a nite, have a good one guys :)

aseems
03-09-2011, 12:18 AM
:hijacked:

Guys!

What is CM7 RC 2 Like?

I must confess I've got quite fond of RC1 - with dewonkificator...

Do share your experience

Thanks in advance

rugmankc
03-09-2011, 12:26 AM
Aseems

See my post 175

It was meant for you

Gotta go for now

aseems
03-09-2011, 12:45 AM
I personally don't see any significant functional difference except for Profiles like BB's have.

They do seem smoother though as they progress

:thank_you2:
I'm preparing for a clean install

aseems
03-09-2011, 01:41 AM
Something's wonky with Rom Manager... error downloading gapps from goo inside
again and again!
ROM Download Error
Google Apps:http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps...
something wrong with the goo inside site?
Using Koush's ROM Manager
CWM 2.5.1.4

so went into recovery cwm 2.5.1.4 wiped Cache and Dalvik Cache

Flashed CM7RC2 from SD Card, fixed persmissions
rebooted recovery, flashed latest gapps from SD Card <CyanogenMod 7 (Gingerbread) Universal-DPI, 20110307>
rebooted recovery, fixed persmissions

Rebooted

DAMAGED SD CARD!
X-(

Have done a 3 times wipe and restored nandroid back on cm7 rc1

I think the problem is with gapps and goo inside (http://goo-inside.me/google-apps/)... let me know what i'm doing wrong

Bah! Humbug!

danger-rat
03-09-2011, 01:48 AM

Lots of problems!

Like what DR

Well, I would say that RC2 is the most problem ridden CM build I've tried to date...

I get random blank screens, apps freezing, losing settings, etc.

I've done three clean installs now, and I'm still having issues. I don't have any problems on my backups of earlier nightlies, but anything since they merged 2.3.3 is problematic...

Can't help but feel they rushed this one, but having said that,a lot of the issues may be tied to the stock 2.3.3 stuff because I see similar problems reported with 2.3.3...

nexgoose
03-09-2011, 09:14 AM
in a nutshell:

> dl'd, w/ gapps, wiped...(gapps didnt install)...

> it showed DAMAGED SD CARD...erased card...cant go to any of my nandroids...

> so basically i was on square one...got it to work...i ended up customising it to my
liking...my back up for LP is gone too...lost all my pics/music/files...

> i wont even try RC3 if it comes out...

> H/3g is really slow.

sliceburgslim
03-09-2011, 12:54 PM
That's crazy that you guys are having so many problems! I've had zero issues with RC2.

rugmankc
03-09-2011, 01:23 PM
A number of people had sd card issues, I included, with Build 13. Had to reformat. I do it outside phone with sdformatter. Full Erase ON and Size Adj ON.

Can't over stress need to nandroid AND backup sd card to pc regulary. Nandroids also. These are hacks.

Also, I would recommend Amon_Ra, no betas, I use 2.2.1

I boot into it with Quick Boot and have stopped using RM and CWM

Except for an occasional hiccup, I run error free.

I don't know why we all are different on flashing issues and Amon vs CWM. It just is.

I am on Build 14 with zero issues and smooth.

Go to this page and find temasek's signature and dl his System wipe zip. Amon only. Flash from recovery before you do your standard data/factory reset/cahe wipes. This formats system/boot etc which Amon's doesn't do and gives you a better erase of data on the phone. CWM already has this, I believe.

Ken

danger-rat
03-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Well, I think I've narrowed my issues down to Maps. I don't know if it's CM7 plus Maps, or just Maps, but whenever I open Maps, that's when the problems start...

Tried it a few times today. Everything is great, open Maps adbd everything goes crazy, reboot everything is fine, open Maps, crazy, etc...

dudedidtheplan
03-09-2011, 06:24 PM
Wow. This getting crazy. I'm becoming more and more happy with MIUI. I did a backup preparing my phone to flash RC2 tonight and per chance read this thread. I think I may hold off now.

Ken,

I've yet to use quickboot and a bit miffed about it. It seems it just give you access to reboot, botloader, et al via a touch rather than rebooting the traditional method or holding down the power button and choosing recovery(CyanMod). Is that correct? I have to flash amon Ra from another source first because it has no options for flashing Mods correct?

dudedidtheplan
03-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Well, I think I've narrowed my issues down to Maps. I don't know if it's CM7 plus Maps, or just Maps, but whenever I open Maps, that's when the problems start...

Tried it a few times today. Everything is great, open Maps adbd everything goes crazy, reboot everything is fine, open Maps, crazy, etc...

Have you tried reloading Maps yet? I use that app everyday. So there's one more reason for me not to flash RC2... dang!:drag:

danger-rat
03-09-2011, 06:29 PM
I'm thinking of switching back to MIUI...

Quick boot just lets you reboot, copy into recovery, etc. The only app I know that lets you flash recovery is ROM Manager (unless you wasn't to count Terminal?)

danger-rat
03-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Have you tried reloading Maps yet? I use that app everyday. So there's one more reason for me not to flash RC2... dang!:drag:

Done all the obvious. Reinstalled Maps, wipe data from Maps, wiped phone, wiped dalvik, fixed permissions etc... No joy!

danger-rat
03-09-2011, 07:29 PM
Ta da! I think I've fixed it!! xD

I have my own custom gapps package that I flash on new installs (removes stock launcher and adds ADW EX, adds Titanium and eStrongs file manager, my own boot animation, etc). Really speeds up my crack flashing!

Anyway, I added the latest Maps apk to the zip so it installs in system instead of updating to data. I also set permissions with the zip, etc.

End result, Maps is no longer causing issues!! Pretty happy with RC2 right now...

rugmankc
03-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Wow !!!!!!!!!

A Moderator and now a future Dev--Impressive :wine1:

I'm Bored DR :)

danger-rat
03-09-2011, 07:44 PM
Lol!!
It's been a quiet day...

dudedidtheplan
03-09-2011, 07:47 PM
I'm thinking of switching back to MIUI...

Quick boot just lets you reboot, copy into recovery, etc. The only app I know that lets you flash recovery is ROM Manager (unless you wasn't to count Terminal?)

It's funny. I absolutely hated MIUI the first day I had it. Flashed back to CM 6.1.1 by nightfall. Then I had the episode with gingerbread trying to install, so I flashed MIUI back, cuz that's all I had on my SD card. Kinda liked it Sunday, and Now I'm really looking forward to the Gingerbread MIUI next Friday!

That said. I think I'm going to give RC2 a shot tomorrow. I'm going to do what Danger did with gapps and a few other apps, because I've had trouble with GMaps and GMail every time I flash gapps.

rugmankc
03-09-2011, 07:48 PM
That would be good news for fastboot shy folks and those unrooted by GB OTA

Reply was to DR--you squeezed in ahead of me dude :)

rugmankc
03-09-2011, 07:59 PM
If you follow this dude you should be fine:

Upgrading from CM6 to CM7 - CyanogenMod Forum (http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/forum-36/announcement-13-upgrading-from-cm6-to-cm7/)

Full Wipe/Gapps 3/7/DT 2.7.5.2

Maybe even use temasek's system/boot/data/cache wipe

[NIGHTLY][ROM] [GRI40] CyanogenMod 7 for vendor Passion (HTC Nexus One) - Page 1571 - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=723844&page=1571)

In his sig and for amon_ra, cwm has that option

I always wipe 3x before flashing--minimizes issues

danger-rat
03-09-2011, 08:16 PM

I edited my post:
The one-click rumor turned out to be Superboot, which requires bootloader to be unlocked anyway...

dudedidtheplan
03-09-2011, 10:13 PM

...and to think I did it while tethering my N1 to my PC.... Dang I'm good!:bike4_smilie:

rugmankc
03-09-2011, 10:19 PM
Coooool :)

aseems
03-10-2011, 01:51 AM
Now running CM7RC2 THANKS TO @koush: should be fixed

Koushik Dutta is THE Man!
ClockWorkMod 2.5.1.4 is THE Recovery!
ROM Manager is THE App!

Clean auto install via Rom Manager "Download ROM" Option

Smooth Glitch Free and Awesome RC2 has freed up another 10 Megs of internal memory!

temasek
03-10-2011, 04:21 AM
Woohoo!!!!

Danger-rat..........mod?!?

Congrats!!! :D

danger-rat
03-10-2011, 09:10 AM
Woohoo!!!!

Danger-rat..........mod?!?

Congrats!!! :D

Thanks T!
Good to see you around here! :wine1:

rugmankc
03-10-2011, 10:10 AM
Wow. This getting crazy. I'm becoming more and more happy with MIUI. I did a backup preparing my phone to flash RC2 tonight and per chance read this thread. I think I may hold off now.

Ken,

I've yet to use quickboot and a bit miffed about it. It seems it just give you access to reboot, botloader, et al via a touch rather than rebooting the traditional method or holding down the power button and choosing recovery(CyanMod). Is that correct? I have to flash amon Ra from another source first because it has no options for flashing Mods correct?

dude,

You are correct as noted by DR. I use it to save pwr button and I don't use CWM/RM anymore. Ok for some, but I seem to have issues when using it for all features. You can boot into recovery with it and bu/flash etc from there. I dl my roms etc directly to sdcard (download folder) and flash them from there after I boot into recovery with Quick Boot. This method and Amon has worked perfectly for me. Different strokes for different folks. :)

I sometimes need to reformat my sdcard. But, it has nothing to do with Amon or QB, just the roms and the quirky NI combo. I bu sdcard regularly, so no problem. This method is fast and smooth for me.

I think, when DR says, CWM is the only app to let you flash recovery, he means to actually flash between recoveries like amon and cw. A note: it is not recommended to bu a rom with cw then restore with amon. Amon bu's should go into Nandroid folder on sdcard and cw into cw backups. So, if you do use both, just keep them separated.

Ken

EDIT: I only flash new recoveries thru terminal or fastboot, not cwm.

dudedidtheplan
03-10-2011, 04:47 PM
Thanks Ken. That makes perfect sense. I used the MIUI app to dl it and it worked well once I figured out that the looping occurred because I forgot to wipe before flashing. It was when I tried flashing it with CWM that I realized... because it asked.... silly me!

rugmankc
03-10-2011, 05:07 PM
Welcome dude,

Just wipe caches between weekly MIUI updates if you are not doing that.

Not sure if full wipe needed when GB comes out.

ken

dudedidtheplan
03-10-2011, 06:44 PM
Ok. Thanks buddy. You're a big help.

nexgoose
03-10-2011, 11:44 PM
Now running CM7RC2 THANKS TO @koush: should be fixed

Koushik Dutta is THE Man!
ClockWorkMod 2.5.1.4 is THE Recovery!
ROM Manager is THE App!

Clean auto install via Rom Manager "Download ROM" Option

Smooth Glitch Free and Awesome RC2 has freed up another 10 Megs of internal memory!

tried these steps and flashed RC2 again...

it was a painless, easy install! Thanx for the tip Aseems!

played with LP icons and came up with this: (spelling LOL)

danger-rat
03-11-2011, 12:08 AM
Too funny, Goose! xD

deen_03
03-14-2011, 09:16 AM
I cant do speech to text anymore with CM7 i get a message that says recognizer not present what can be done to fix this.

also I liked using the BarTender notification menu app and since the upgrade to 7 it force closes everytime

bellator7
03-18-2011, 06:30 AM
RC2 working great.

aseems
03-19-2011, 12:45 AM
Two issues with RC2 for me-

1) REBOOT-> SD CARD ERROR
2) Missing Car Home

Is it just me? Or Anyone else?

DaveC
03-19-2011, 10:09 AM
I've got Car Home on mine and its working fine

No reboot / SD Card errors also

danger-rat
03-19-2011, 10:15 AM
Car home is a two part app, and so if you're having problems it's possible that you only have on part installed. Check in your App Manager to see if you have two Car Home apps (one is about 17m, the other about 1.3m)

nexgoose
03-19-2011, 11:56 AM
Two issues with RC2 for me-

1) REBOOT-> SD CARD ERROR
2) Missing Car Home

Is it just me? Or Anyone else?

1) happened to me...TWICE!

2) working fine for me now...dl'd car home beta from market

rugmankc
03-20-2011, 02:27 PM
Cooool Boot Animation for CM7--not sure if mentioned before

[MOD] Bootanimation [CM7-3D] NEW VERSION 2 *Six6Sicks* 3/14/11 - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=990606)

You can also just copy to data/local with root explorer, then no need to reflash after nightlies.

DudeRandom21
03-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Those are awesome thanks for the heads up Ken :wine1:

rugmankc
03-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Yeah dude, welcome

Later in the thread Op mentioned combining the two animations shown on Op page

Tired of same old bootanimation when you flash nightlies--nightly :)

sliceburgslim
03-20-2011, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the heads up on V2! V1 works great!

rugmankc
03-20-2011, 03:09 PM
:wine1::wine1: Slim

CM7 is getting really good--like the profiles settings and vol- pwr on

Also, the pwr off in notification bar thru widgets options

Saving the pwr button and trackball wear and tear

Ken

sliceburgslim
03-20-2011, 03:11 PM
I agree those features are a lifesaver! Def pleased with cm7 so far.

turtle*
03-27-2011, 01:34 AM
:wine1::wine1: Slim

CM7 is getting really good--like the profiles settings and vol- pwr on

Also, the pwr off in notification bar thru widgets options

Saving the pwr button and trackball wear and tear

Ken
Where is the vol- power off part?

rugmankc
03-27-2011, 02:59 AM
Vol- will wake phone

dudedidtheplan
03-27-2011, 10:45 AM
Yeah dude, welcome

Later in the thread Op mentioned combining the two animations shown on Op page

Tired of same old bootanimation when you flash nightlies--nightly :)
I was all excited that someone had combined them....Never saw it. Did I miss something?:slow:

rugmankc
03-27-2011, 12:03 PM
Haven't been back to thread--enjoying V2? 3D animation--not sure if combined yet.

Ken

dudedidtheplan
03-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Just downloaded it today. I really like V1. I've had to reboot a couple of times today!

tonybhoy
03-27-2011, 03:45 PM
Just downloaded it today. I really like V1. I've had to reboot a couple of times today!excuse my ignorance but what is v1 lol

rugmankc
03-27-2011, 04:28 PM
just gotta go back a page

but here :)

[MOD] Bootanimation [CM7-3D] NEW VERSION 2 *Six6Sicks* 3/14/11 - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=990606)

tonybhoy
03-27-2011, 04:36 PM
cheers mate :wine1:

sliceburgslim
03-27-2011, 04:39 PM
Looks as though RC3 may be dropping soon!

dudedidtheplan
03-27-2011, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the heads up! Funny thing I just went to RC2 last night! Been on RodsMod and MIUI the last three weeks.

Mightytalldude
03-27-2011, 07:24 PM
Looks as though RC3 may be dropping soon!

Yes the commits are confirmed to bump to RC3 https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_vendor_cyanogen/commit/cd67f673be823cc0a0b2d1c5c341b82f3d36c59a

dudedidtheplan
03-27-2011, 08:06 PM
Followed the link. Don't do nightlies so I'm not sure what I was looking at. I just noticed that a link had a few RC3's. Can't wait!

CoCoGirl886
03-28-2011, 05:14 AM
The new CM7 RC2 is out... I just tried to flash the rom along w/ the gapps addon. None of my gapps seem to be working. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue?

turtle*
03-28-2011, 06:58 AM
Vol- will wake phone

Where is the option to enable it? It was working when I had rc1. But doesn't work on rc2.

aseems
03-28-2011, 08:07 AM
CM7 RC3 is out and under cyanogenmod forums. Enjoy.
WOW!

CyanogenMod Mirror Network - Powered by TDRevolution (http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?type=RC&device=passion)

Does it use the same Gapps as RC2?

sliceburgslim
03-28-2011, 10:59 AM
Same as Always Duke. Just Nandroid Backup first and flash over RC2. No Need to flash GAPPS again.

tonybhoy
03-28-2011, 04:11 PM
ive got hd wallpapers which worked on rc2 but doesnt want to play on rc3 ???:)

sliceburgslim
03-28-2011, 04:15 PM
Have you tried uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it?

tonybhoy
03-28-2011, 04:24 PM
Have you tried uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it?aint i an idiot i feel like an iphone user ha ha :rofl3:

sliceburgslim
03-28-2011, 04:28 PM
Haha iphonies can only dream of having CyanogenMod!

dudedidtheplan
03-28-2011, 05:39 PM
Haha iphonies can only dream of having CyanogenMod!
It'd be a nightmare for them. "SO MANY CHOICES. WHAT DO I DOOOOO??!1/1!?:slow:

Ok. After one full day on RC2, I'm jumping to RC3!

aseems
03-29-2011, 07:01 AM
So how is RC3?
Is this running Android 2.4?

Do we still have to use the dewonkificator?
[ADDON] CM7 Dewonkificator [v1.4 03/17/11] - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=935250?)

I know i'm being greedy, but any Memory/Battery/Performance improvements?

I'll flash over the weekend (if i can wait that long, that is)

dudedidtheplan
03-29-2011, 07:31 AM
I noticed the phone deal was worse on RC2. I hope its fixed. Never could tell if dewonk actually worked. Maybe I installed it wrong.

tonybhoy
03-29-2011, 09:22 AM
its running 2.3.3 @ aseems

rugmankc
03-29-2011, 05:41 PM
Dewonk has worked Perfect for me. It seems to restart itself whenever I flash a new nightly.

According to XDA, phone issue is improving but not fixed. Hit and miss.

Cyanogen says on Twitter that it is his next project along with some minor fixes

aseems
03-30-2011, 01:46 AM
Now running CM7RC3

Thanks SBS, TB & RMKC

Where is the new TrackBall Wake setting?

EDIT> Settings>CM Settings>Input Settings> check the box!

I'm till using the dewonkificator

I quite like the 'crispness' of the new status bar toggles... I am not witnessing any dramatic improvements (or reductions) of Performance/Battery/Memory.... yet!

rugmankc
03-30-2011, 02:29 PM
Hi Aseems,

Glad to see you enjoying root world

It has been my experience that unless there is a major feature addition or fix, I see very little change to new nightlies. That would include RC2 to RC3 if you don't flash nightlies.

Ken