PDA

View Full Version : Launcher Icon Disappeared

vanigh
05-04-2011, 11:08 PM
Accidentally i lost/trashed the Launcher icon from the bottom dock of my phones' home screen, what i have now in it's place is an inactive star icon, how can i bring back the launcher icon on home screen? and place it on the bottom dock (where it used to be originally).
Running cyanogen 7

DudeRandom21
05-04-2011, 11:16 PM
Ok well I will presume when you say launcher you are talking about the app drawer. If so then long press on a home screen where there is still some space then tap custom shortcuts tap open/close app drawer then tap ok this will put the app drawer icon on your desktop then just long press it and drag and drop in where you see the empty star and your done.

vanigh
05-04-2011, 11:30 PM
Ok well I will presume when you say launcher you are talking about the app drawer. If so then long press on a home screen where there is still some space then tap custom shortcuts tap open/close app drawer then tap ok this will put the app drawer icon on your desktop then just long press it and drag and drop in where you see the empty star and your done.

Thanks Dude, the first part worked fine, now when i long press that launcher icon to drag and drop it on the dockbar the dockbar turns to the trashcan...

DudeRandom21
05-05-2011, 09:23 PM
What launcher are you using?

dudedidtheplan
05-06-2011, 02:02 PM
If you are using ADW, go to; Settings>More>ADW Settings>UI Settings>Screen Preferences>Trash Can Position. Move the trash can to top of the screen and you can then reset your app drawer widget. This happens to me from time to time.

The beauty of any launcher is that it gives you more customizations. I highly recommend spending some time playing around with it and getting to know what all of the tweaks do!

vanigh
05-06-2011, 11:48 PM
If you are using ADW, go to; Settings>More>ADW Settings>UI Settings>Screen Preferences>Trash Can Position. Move the trash can to top of the screen and you can then reset your app drawer widget. This happens to me from time to time.

The beauty of any launcher is that it gives you more customizations. I highly recommend spending some time playing around with it and getting to know what all of the tweaks do!

Thanks Guys, Shrinking the Trash Can did the trick, playing around got me in trouble in the first place, but it's a good way to learn as long as experts like you correct newbie mistakes like mine. :wine1:

dudedidtheplan
05-07-2011, 10:32 AM
The random Dude is the expert, not the one with a plan. lol

iPeck
05-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Lol

Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak