PDA

View Full Version : Snaged an Asus Transfomer

VydorScope
05-26-2011, 09:07 PM
Well I found it at Bestbuy.com, and got it today. So far it is working great. It is only running 3.0, so guess I have to wait for the Asus gods to send down 3.1. I have not found the keyboard dock in stock anywhere yet.

There are some complaints of it not being able to play 720p video, but seems to work fine for me: http://db.tt/EpzcOgP

So far... had it 7 hours... and no problems yet!

(Oh, and a client of mine that I am doing a major dev project for bought it for me, so even if a Nexus Tablet comes out, this still a better deal LOL)

WERA689
05-26-2011, 11:12 PM
You lucky @#@^#$Q#!!!! I'm so interested in this one, and they're SO scarce!

danger-rat
05-26-2011, 11:41 PM
Lucky expletive!!
You'll have to keep us lesser beings updates, so we can live vicariously...

VydorScope
05-27-2011, 06:23 AM
The fun part is the story... Im sitting at my desk and for no good reason I open Best Buy's site (I never shop there, way over priced) and look up the tablet and see the 16GB is in stock. I add it to my cart (not logged in mind you, just shopping as a guest) and then start hemming and hawing about it. I do not have the money to pay for it yet cause my current client as not paid yet, and yet if I let this go who knows if it wil be in stock again?

Well I IM my client to find out about how payment is coming along, and while we are chatting about the deal and transformer he says "its showing out of stock now" (he went to look it up on Best Buy's site), and I still had it in my cart! LOL. So he is like, forget it, here my CC try and order it. And I did... express shipping too (since he was paying).

Here is the kicker... it was in my shopping cart for... FOUR HOURS before I ordered. :o

Personal I think that should not have worked, but was not gonna say anything. :D God Himself must have decreed I should get it. :)

VydorScope
05-28-2011, 07:55 AM
Oh look at this... 3.1 next week for Asus Transformer!

Android Honeycomb 3.1 Comes To The Asus Eee Pad Transformer - HotHardware (http://hothardware.com/News/Android-Honeycomb-31-Comes-To-The-Asus-Eee-Pad-Transformer/)

Not bad benchmarks on it for what its worth... :D

danger-rat
05-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Wanna trade for a box of Cheetos?

VydorScope
05-28-2011, 07:43 PM
hmmmm I will have to think about it and get back to you.