PDA

View Full Version : Nexus S (padlock galore) doesn't load after fastboot to root

astro_sk
05-28-2011, 11:27 PM
Ok, so I have spent quite a bit of time looking for a solution but I am still looking.
stats:
HW version - rev 11
Bootldr ver - I9020xxjk1
Bootldr bld- Nov 4 2010
Baseband - I9020xxjk8
lock state - unlocked

so I tried to unlock and root using clockwork3.0.2.4 and fastboot from the sdk. but it seems no matter what I do I can't get away from the google w/ padlock screen... unless ofcourse I want to go into recovery mode or fastboot mode.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

astro_sk
05-30-2011, 12:37 AM
Ok so downloaded the ROM again and did
1. a data factory reset
2. wipe cache
3. install ROM

worked like a charm...

DudeRandom21
05-30-2011, 04:18 PM
Most of the time a clean install will solve allot of problems glad you got it resolved.

Rumesh
06-08-2011, 01:30 AM
Ok so downloaded the ROM again and did
1. a data factory reset
2. wipe cache
3. install ROM

worked like a charm...

how did you do it? I think I accidentally erased the boot loading image. im stuck on the padlock screen now wont go further.

danger-rat
06-08-2011, 09:28 AM
Boot back into recovery, and wipe, then try again...

Rumesh
06-08-2011, 11:48 PM
I tried that but still stuck at the padlock screen. My phone wont turn on ever. there is no way I could copy files to the phone SD card. I tried to recover using clockworkmod but there are no files to be found on my phone. I guess I deleted everything. I need help on how to recover my phone.

DudeRandom21
06-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Rumesh if you have an unlocked bootloader then fastboot flash Amon RA and you'll be able to mount mass storage mode so you can transfer files from there then do a clean install with temasek system wipe and you should be good.

danger-rat
06-09-2011, 12:49 PM
If that doesn't work, try fastboot flashing each of the individual images from a stock ROM. I had to do this earlier this week, when I screwed up big time and nothing else would work!

Rumesh
06-10-2011, 09:48 AM
This is my first android phone. Switched from the Iphone. yeah that was so much easier. I guess this is for the tech savvy people

I tried both but I couldn't get it to work. I erased the boot img and recovery img, and flashed it from a nandroid back up i downloaded. I tried to flash the system img, but it fails (cannot write) and when I went to clockwork mod and tried to see if i had my backups, there is no files in the folder.

I was trying to push files using adb, but my device wont get connected. it says Waiting for device. I'm kinda lost, but I've learned alot since I started this thing.

I would like to completely restore my phone with the stock rom. Nexus S I9020A cant find rom. and need instructions how to install from the boot screen itself. cause I cant turn my phone on to copy something to my Sdcard.

danger-rat
06-10-2011, 09:55 AM
I'm not sure what the process is for a complete restore on the Nexus S. Flashing each of the internal partitions should achieve the same results, but it's weird that you can't flash /system.

When trying adb, is your phone in recovery mode? Adb won't connect unless you are in recovery or fully booted, because you need the daemon on the phone to be running. Do you get a response from "adb devices"?

Rumesh
06-13-2011, 10:02 AM
hey Danger rat, thanks for the eyeopener... I didn't know I had to have it in recovery mode. I was able to push a back up folder and restore my system through it. thanks alot!

super_nova_nexusone
10-08-2011, 01:46 AM
Hey
Im facing the same problem. and Im NOT a technology person AT ALL.
Can you help me to recover my Nexus S in SIMPLER steps?