PDA

View Full Version : YouTube Issue

johnlnel
06-16-2011, 10:43 PM
I am missing the YouTube app icon on my phone. I went to download the app, but it tells me the app is loaded on my phone. When I search for the app, it is there, but there is no icon to do a quick and easy lauch. Any idea hwo to solve this problem?

danger-rat
06-17-2011, 12:06 AM
Your app isn't visible in the app drawer?

johnlnel
06-17-2011, 09:19 AM
If you mean the download folder; no. If not, I don't know where the app drawer is?

danger-rat
06-17-2011, 10:50 AM
The app drawer is where all your apps live. You usually get to it by clicking the square icon at the bottom center of the page home...

johnlnel
06-17-2011, 06:29 PM
I know where the apps are. No, the icon is not there. But as I said, it is on the phone because when I try to download it it say it's there and when I go to "manage apps" in the settings menu, it is listed there taking up 500k of space. The icon is there by the app information, but it is not in the app drawer or area where all the loaded icons reside.

40ftcobb
06-17-2011, 08:57 PM
Hmm my YouTube is around 2.6mb,when you go the YouTube in the market does it say,installed or manual update?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

johnlnel
06-18-2011, 10:08 PM
When I go out to the Android market, it says it is installed, and the auto update button is checked. It shows on my phone under 'manage apps", but no icon in the iconfolder or drawer. And I can't load it.

40ftcobb
06-18-2011, 11:07 PM
Ok probly two stupid questions,have you tried to uninstall and reinstall?and are you using any freezing apps,titanium, root unistaller,etc..?

johnlnel
06-18-2011, 11:28 PM
Either I don't know how to uninstall or I cannot. The only way I can see the app is by going to "manage apps" in settings, click on "all" then scroll to the bottom wher I see it. When I click on YouTube, everything is grayed out; no chance to do anything including uninstall it.

And no, I have none of the other "stuff" you're referring to. My phone is new, and I don't even know what that is!

40ftcobb
06-18-2011, 11:35 PM
Hmm that is weird,and by new you mean you opened the box yourself or you bought it from somebody?

johnlnel
06-19-2011, 07:20 AM
Bot from a company Sprints store. I watched them activate, and it has not been out of my hands since. Does anyone know how to correct it?

danger-rat
06-19-2011, 05:10 PM
Factory reset would be a possible fix, but it seems a bit extreme...

Even4steven
06-22-2011, 08:04 AM
I have the same exact problem. No YouTube app on my Nexus S4G that I can access. It appears in settings/manage apps yet I cannot access it. There is no icon for it. Any ideas?

Even4steven
06-22-2011, 08:13 AM
I found the answer- it seems like a lot of people have this issue

"Think you'll probably just need to reinstall it to fix it.
Just get ES File Explorer from the market.
Using ES File Explorer go to /system/app/ then click the YouTube.apk, it will prompt you if you want to re-install it.
Click yes, then restart your phone."

Mine is now up and running

SEVEN40iL
07-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Had all these same symptoms, followed the above ^ instructions, and I now have working YouTube on my Nexus S!

Thanks!

johnlnel
07-06-2011, 07:23 PM
I went into the Sprint store where I purchased the phone, and they did a hard reset and now I have YouTube. Sounds like there are a couple of ways to correct the situation.