PDA

View Full Version : You have no calendar?

kenansadhu
06-19-2011, 03:12 AM
first of all i wanna say hi to all of u here..I'm a new nexus S user =) and currently loving my first android phone. everything's fine, until i tried to use the calendar application and it's said that i don't have a calendar. what does that mean? is the calendar app provided by the phone don't work until i installed another calendar or something? anyone had this problem before? I googled this problem and found one asking the question at xda developer, yet the thread was closed..oh yeah and also i upgraded my software to build 2.3.4 right upon opening it. (yay one of the lucky few in the world who are using gingerbread 2.3.4!lol)

thx for the help! =)

rugmankc
06-19-2011, 10:09 AM
I am rooted now, so forget about unrooted phones

But, you may need to get google apps back on phone

I don't think that calendar app is on Market

Also, I assume you went thru Set Up ie Google Accounts when you got phone. Or look under Accounts and Sync under Menu/Settings.

I would think you would have had a choice to establish a calendar

Someone else will soon have a better answer :)

Paul_Oregon
06-19-2011, 11:23 AM
Do you have a Google account created??

rugmankc
06-19-2011, 11:36 AM
Yea, I forgot to ask and assumed

Do you have a calendar icon on an Homescreen

If so, open it and then Menu/More/Calendars/Menu/Add Calendar

You have to create one or if you use Google or set up a Calendar with Google from a PC, you can import it.

kenansadhu
06-20-2011, 02:16 AM
ah so that's it.. i made a google account, but i havent use google contacts and calendar..so i exported my calendar from my outlook to my google account, then sync my calendar to my google account from my phone, and that's it! thx for the help guys (that made me know what to check) hope that could help others experiencing the same problem also =D

rugmankc
06-20-2011, 03:34 AM
Glad you got it

I had to do the same thing

Paul_Oregon
06-21-2011, 01:21 AM
ah so that's it.. i made a google account, but i havent use google contacts and calendar..

Now that you have an Android phone (owned by Google) it makes sense to use your Google account to its fullest by using it for email, calendaring and contacts.

Personally I update and edit all my contacts in my Google account on my laptop. Then they are automatically synced to my phone and always available. Same with Google calendar--which is amazing! Once you learn your way around it I think you will like it more than Outlook.

Take care!

kenansadhu
06-25-2011, 11:03 AM
[quote=kenansadhu;101290]ah so that's it.. Once you learn your way around it I think you will like it more than Outlook.

Take care!

true, i guess that what i would do! thx =)