PDA

View Full Version : [Rumor] More Details on Google's Next Nexus; Maybe Named 'Nexus Prime' from Samsung

dgstorm
06-27-2011, 02:27 PM
http://static.droidnetwork.net/dgstorm/df/google_nexus_s_live.jpg

Previously, we shared with you a rumor regarding the potential next Google Nexus Flagship device (http://www.android.net/forum/android-news/62015-rumor-more-details-googles-next-nexus-maybe-named-nexus-prime-samsung.html). Today, we have more rumors that shed more light on the enigmatic device. The first thing is that the device will most likely be made by Samsung, and will be Google's Flagship device. Additionally, the phone may be dubbed, the "Nexus Prime", and will come with a "Super AMOLED HD", and the previously mentioned Ice Cream Sandwich/Android 4.0. Furthermore, the story from BGR confirms their own earlier report that the device will come with the TI OMAP4460 processor.

Interestingly, the new details come with an additional angle to the story. That is that this next Google Nexus successor may come at the head of a big marketing push of exclusive Android 4.0/Ice Cream Sandwich halo devices, all launching around the same time from multiple carriers. It would appear that Google may be preparing for an all-out war with Apple, and may use this as a counter-attack to the release of the iPhone 5 in the Fall. A massive release of Ice Cream Sandwich exclusive devices across multiple carriers could be a powerful punch to Google's nemesis.

Source: Android.net (http://www.android.net/forum/newthread.php?do=postthread&f=2) via SlashGear (http://www.slashgear.com/samsung-nexus-prime-to-be-first-ice-cream-sandwich-phone-27161551/) and BGR (http://www.bgr.com/2011/06/27/googles-first-ice-cream-sandwich-phone-to-be-manufactured-by-samsung-possibly-dubbed-nexus-prime/)

iPeck
06-27-2011, 03:55 PM
If the next nexus is from samsung i will def. not buy it.

*Posted from my sweet Nexus One on GB via Hit'n'Yak

40ftcobb
06-27-2011, 05:38 PM
Samsung= dollarstore quality phones

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

mk2rimar
06-27-2011, 06:16 PM
same for me dont need a %&$* box lol...htc r nothing.

p.s:if that apens google is douing a big mastake

AndroidIsTheTruth
06-27-2011, 06:36 PM
I have no quarrels with Samsung anymore other than the crap plastic they still like to use to sacrifice for weight. But I have the Infuse and I'm glad I bought it and don't regret it one bit. I will definitely look into this as a possible phone if I don't go the 3D route with HTC Holiday.

40ftcobb
06-27-2011, 07:34 PM
Meh I've had nothing but bad luck with Samsung devices,I held off on the nexus s because of Samsung,but if the next nexus is a Samsung I'm gonna have to bite the bullet I guess :)

AndroidIsTheTruth
06-27-2011, 08:08 PM
And I agree with you. It took a VERY long time to trust samsung products. The best thing that can come out is that they are only making the phone but don't control the UI since it's a Google phone. So updates won't be held up on Samsung's side. They really have come a long way since the galaxy s series.

FC1032
06-27-2011, 08:17 PM
Having played with the older galaxy S (mum's) and the Nexus S (in stores), the only thing I dislike about the Samsung phones is the plastic.

I haven't played with the Galaxy S2, sure the plastics are less glossy, but for a flagship Nexus phone, please make it with more premium materials.

Samsung did it with the Wave and Omnia 7, its possible!! Besides that, I like what I'm seeing, though I was expecting a more "orthodox" naming scheme. Like a number or letter.

40ftcobb
06-27-2011, 09:21 PM
Well here's hoping because I put of the s Im not putting of this one,so let's hope they make a high quality durable product

AndroidIsTheTruth
06-27-2011, 09:49 PM
Yeah i've gotten passed the cheap feel. Still don't like it but having a case on my phone eases the annoyance.

Tapage
06-27-2011, 11:11 PM
I was thinking that Google learn the lesson after NS what happen with the incredible HTC heritage?

HTC sensation it's great option to me

AndroidIsTheTruth
06-27-2011, 11:38 PM
I was thinking that Google learn the lesson after NS what happen with the incredible HTC heritage?

HTC sensation it's great option to me

What lesson would that be because from what I've gathered they seen to be having greater success with the nexus s than the nexus one. Truth is nexus phones will never be ahead of the pack because their focus is development. I'm sorry but that's more important than being cutting edge than not able to have developers develop properly for the phones OS. Look how slow Honeycomb tablets took to really pick up and the Xoom was cutting edge with no development. Phones are still getting released with froyo and GB been out for over 6mos. mfr are probably waiting for IC and will skip over GB. You have to remember that google is in an alliance with HTC Motorola Samsung and LG.

40ftcobb
06-27-2011, 11:52 PM
Lol its funny you said that,I walked into a cell phone store here in Edmonton looking for a simple case for my n1 and the Guy in the store said he never even heard of it before lol when I explained what the n1 was he basically told me I was full of crap and my phone was a cheap Chinese knock off lol this from a Chinese Guy lol

FC1032
06-28-2011, 05:48 AM
I explained what the n1 was he basically told me I was full of crap and my phone was a cheap Chinese knock off lol this from a Chinese Guy lol

Yea, the Nexus one is definitely less known than the Nexus S and other phones in general.

Many have asked me what phone I had/was using, I explain... and they say things like: "ewww the trackball makes it look old", "isn't that a desire?" etc...

There are plenty of Nexus S users, I see them alot. But I've only seen like two Nexus One owners.

Tapage
06-28-2011, 09:14 AM
the " success " with NS it's coz of hole Android idea not really the phone .. if you compare N1 with other phones released at the same time N1 was far ahead others .. NS is .. ? and the new Google phone will be . ?