PDA

View Full Version : Going overseas, quick question?

d1mitrov
07-09-2011, 02:20 PM
sorry if this has been covered already...im going overseas(Bulgaria to be specific) i have a nexus one that im using on T-Mobile. Since its not a branded phone do i still need to do a sim unlock so i can use it in Bulgaria, with a Bulgarian carrier, or should i be good to go?
Thanks for the help!

danger-rat
07-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Shouldn't be a problem, since it's already SIM unlocked.
Used mine in Europe last year.
Just make sure you get a compatible carrier frequency, our you will not get 3G access (only 2G).

d1mitrov
07-09-2011, 07:14 PM
hmm thats interesting...i actually spoke to tmobile earlier and they processed a sim unlock code for it...said it can take up to a week for the code to be emailed to me.

danger-rat
07-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Lol!
The Nexus One isn't officially supported by T-Mo, and so their support staff haven't got a clue about it. Trust me bro, you don't need to SIM unlock it... xD

d1mitrov
07-09-2011, 08:01 PM
haha ok thats good to know...i wont have to wait without a phone for the first few days. its just weird cuz i called htc and they told me that tmobile has to do it and then tmobile was actually able to submit a request for the phone...i thought it was already unlocked as well...

danger-rat
07-09-2011, 08:04 PM
Test it with a SIM from a friend - I'm pretty confident.
I've has T-Mo unlock phones for me before in the past, but last time we went to Europe I only unlocked my wife's phone. My N1 worked great over there!

Fury
07-10-2011, 03:15 AM
as long as you dnt buy the phone on contract, you can switch sim's to your hearts content :)

Evil Claw
07-12-2011, 08:59 AM
You do need to be aware about roaming and data rate charges overseas. Make sure you talk to your carrier BEFORE you go over, you don't want to recieve a $10,000 phone bill.

danger-rat
07-12-2011, 09:05 AM
He's talking about using a SIM from a carrier in the country he's visiting. There's no point talking to his current carrier...