PDA

View Full Version : Lost Contacts

shribindhu
04-16-2012, 05:37 PM
My Phone is six months Old. I synced my contacts long back. After that i have saved lot of contacts in my phone. But today one of my friend by mistake he deleted all my accounts.

Then I added every account and i synced it. I got all the google contacts. But i found that the contacts which i saved in the phone for this six months were lost. I checked my google contacts list thats not updated too.I want to know where those contacts were saved. I want to recover those contacts. Is there any way to solve the problem. I

Very Urgent...
Help me in solving the problem.

Thank You

cmdrtomalacc
04-17-2012, 01:35 PM
If you saved it on your phone, you can't restore the contacts. But if they were on your SIM card, go to phone, then go to "contacts" tab, click the options soft-key, then hit "import contacts", and choose "from SIM card". Then tap "add all" and it will import all of your contacts.

shribindhu
04-18-2012, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the reply...

But i m not able to find wher did it got saved. But while saving the contacts the storage i used is my Synced Mail ID.

Before posting i tried those things which you mentioned.

Please let me know...
If there is any way to find where those contacts were saved and to restore them.

cmdrtomalacc
04-18-2012, 04:56 PM
If you synced your contacts to your gmail, and you deleted your account, then you can't restore them. But you might have removed your account from your device. If you have, go to:
Settings>Accounts & Sync>Add account>Google
And then tap "existing", and type in your gmail account and your password.

Then go to your phone/contacts app, hit menu soft-key, and check a box that will say something like "sync with google account". After that you should be set. :)