PDA

View Full Version : Custom rom for my tablet?

Nevakonaza
03-24-2013, 12:28 PM
Hey guys,

I have the Hannspree (HSG1164) tablet...now i bought this second hand,however it does not have the original rom installed.

Heres the custom rom it has now-

Android Version 3.0.1
Kernel Version 2.6.32.46-cyanogenmod
Build Number - 10.1

I want to do away with that rom/version of android,Its problem some..a lot of stuff don't work right.

I'm trying to follow this guide,To put the custom rom he has on his.
Hacking the Hannspree Hannspad - Part 1 - Out of the Box | Special Fried Dice (http://specialfrieddice.com/HackingHannspreeHannspad-01)

The problem im having,is at Part4 where you plug the Tablet into the PC...it doesnt show up in "My computer",It doesnt show up in "Device manager" or even ask for drivers to install...just nothing?..so i cant do anything.

Its plugged into the USB 2.0 port at the back of my PC...which is running Windows 7 X64 bit.

Appreciate some help!

thanks in advance!

RobKort
03-24-2013, 01:09 PM
Go to the manufacturer's website and see if there's drivers you need to download for your PC to see it.

"Tapped in HD"

Nevakonaza
03-24-2013, 01:54 PM
Hi and thanks for replying,

Unfurtunatly,The only thing available to download is User manuals...nothing about drivers etc.

I would ask the guy who wrote that guide,But i cant see anywhere to message him!

Tears_for_Fears
03-24-2013, 02:34 PM
If you can't find your device's drivers, you can try Google's USB drivers from Android SDK (http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html). Though it doesn't work with all devices and your device is quite rare, but you can give it a shot.

Nevakonaza
03-24-2013, 03:31 PM
Thanks for replying.

Not sure what i have to do with those files?

Tears_for_Fears
03-24-2013, 04:08 PM
Extract them, open up SDK Manager, install the Google USB Drivers from Extras folder, then open up your Device Manager, hook up your tablet, find it in the device manager, right-click on it, update the drivers, search manually, locate where you have extracted the SDK, go to Extras, Google USB Drivers and select it. Then try to install it.

Nevakonaza
03-24-2013, 04:16 PM
The application wont run,Just pops up then dissapears.

Ive ran it in Admin,also tried compatibility settings,XP,Vista etc...no luck

Also,Now...my tablet just keeps on booting into "clockworkmod recovery" for some reason.

Technology...arghhh!

Tears_for_Fears
03-24-2013, 04:31 PM
SDK Manager won't run? Did you downloaded the correct package from the website? Try to redownload it. When you click on SDK Manager, it should take about 10 seconds to open up.

On your tablet, press "reboot system", it should not reboot into recovery mode. If it does, wipe out the data.

CR6
03-24-2013, 04:54 PM
Welcome to the forum! Good luck with your tablet!

tap'n

Nevakonaza
03-24-2013, 05:18 PM
SDK Manager won't run? Did you downloaded the correct package from the website? Try to redownload it. When you click on SDK Manager, it should take about 10 seconds to open up.

On your tablet, press "reboot system", it should not reboot into recovery mode. If it does, wipe out the data.

Yeah,Downloaded the SDK ADT BUNDLE FOR WINDOWS X64...when i click on SDK manager a window pops up then just closes.

As for the tablet,done what you said its still " booting recovery kernel image"...then that takes me to Clockworkmod recovery.

This tablet has been soo frustrating.

Welcome to the forum! Good luck with your tablet!

tap'n

Thanks alot for the warm welcome. :)

Tears_for_Fears
03-24-2013, 05:38 PM
Did you try redownloading? If it matches the system requirements, I don't see what could cause it not to work other than bad download.

I've found this website that explains the process and includes the needed files for your computer. People seem to have the problem fixed with this guide. Hannspad Backup, Brick Recovery, ICS Installation & Destruction Guide. - SlateDroid.com (http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/25805-hannspad-backup-brick-recovery-ics-installation-destruction-guide/page__p__276547#entry276547)

UltraDroid
03-24-2013, 11:01 PM
Thanks TFF! :)

Nevakonaza
03-25-2013, 05:15 AM
Re-downloaded it twice now,same result. :/

Seriusly ive had nothing but bad luck with this tablet. :(

Ive contacted Hannspree Tech/repairs dept to ask them IF and HOW much it would be for them to return it to stock rom again,I explained that im not the orig owner and that's how i bought it.

So lets see what they say and what price they ask...if they will even do it.

Thanks for your help guys.

RobKort
03-25-2013, 07:31 AM
Go to, control panel/devices and see if there's anything there that should not be. Delete it and delete the SDK. Reboot your PC and re- install the SDK. Try again and sew if it works.

S3 Tapped...

Nevakonaza
03-26-2013, 10:07 AM
Go to, control panel/devices and see if there's anything there that should not be. Delete it and delete the SDK. Reboot your PC and re- install the SDK. Try again and sew if it works.

S3 Tapped...

Still same thing,It just pops opsn for a sec then closes. :(

Well i contacted Hannspree repair dept,To see how much it would be for them to put the stock rom back on...They wanted 20 evaluation fee,Then an additional 20 for fixing it...then i have to pay the postage on top which recorded would cost about 7-8 making the total around 47-48 just to put a Rom back on it....silly,Obviously im not paying that.

RobKort
03-26-2013, 11:18 AM
Have you enable USB debugging on the tablet before connecting it to the PC?

S3 Tapped...

Nevakonaza
03-26-2013, 11:40 AM
Thanks for bearing with me guys,This is the only forum that seems to still be trying to help me so a big thanks for that! :o

as for enable USB debugging on the tablet,How do i do that?...im completely new to all this.

RobKort
03-26-2013, 11:44 AM
It varies by device but it should be on device settings/development options/check USB debugging.

S3 Tapped...

Nevakonaza
03-26-2013, 12:11 PM
Is this from within Anroiod os itself?...only i cant get into android!

When i switch on the tablet all i get now is a menu "ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.1.1-bekit-0.8"

RobKort
03-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Do you know what ROM was there installed. It looks like they have a custom rom there. In recovery, when you go to backup and restore/restore, is there anything there? And yes, debugging is within Android. Which I guess you can't get to?

S3 Tapped...

Nevakonaza
03-26-2013, 12:58 PM
Flashback 10.1 is the rom

in recover - backup and restore - i get the following options

-Backup
-restore
-Advanced restore

i choose restore and get

-2011-12-11.23.54.46/

selected that and confirmed restore.

Then it says

Checking MD5 Sums
MD5 mismatch!

:(

RobKort
03-26-2013, 02:33 PM
Before you restore, wipe data, and cache, then go to the advance tab and wipe dalvik cache. Then go back and try restoring again.

S3 Tapped...

Nevakonaza
03-26-2013, 02:41 PM
Okay,Done exactly what you said in the order.

This is what it says after everything you said on screen.

-Wiping Data...
Formatting Data...
-Formatting Cache
Formatting SDEXT...
No app2sd partition found. Skipping format of /s-ext.
Formatting SD CARD:/ .android_secure...
Data wipe complete

Wiping Cache
Formatting CACHE
Cache wipe complete.
E:Cant mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2
(File exists)
Dalvic Cache wiped.
Checkin MD5 sums...
MD5 mismatch!

RobKort
03-26-2013, 02:45 PM
Check in install from SD card and see if there's anything there. If not the you will just need to find a ROM that works with your tab. Place it on a SD card and install from there. I'm out of ideas other than going thru the manufacturer.

S3 Tapped...

Nevakonaza
03-26-2013, 07:56 PM
Okay,So i managed to find the stock rom for this tablet,also another custom rom that they say works very good on this tablet too.

The problem though,I already tried this before,when i put the rom + the rest of its files onto the SD card,and select "Update.zip" ,It just keeps "Trying" to install the same rom thats on there now but then i get all the crap i posted above so it never actually works.

RobKort
03-26-2013, 08:25 PM
The stock ROM don't work until you replace the stock recover and relock the bootloader. Did you check on XDA Developers, do they have anything on your tab?

S3 Tapped...

Nevakonaza
03-27-2013, 09:39 AM
Will ask on XDA Developers,But pretty much everywhere ive asked so far,either nobody has replied or dont know. :/

Thanks for your help. :)

RobKort
03-27-2013, 10:57 AM
No problem, good luck.

S3 Tapped...

Nevakonaza
03-28-2013, 11:18 AM
70 views on my thread over at XDA Developers and not one reply,Same old same old. :/

Seriusly how is it that nobody knows how to fix this issue?...its android non the les regardless of my tablet there's gotta be someone who knows whats going on. :(

CR6
03-28-2013, 12:38 PM
Sorry for your frustrations, but unfortunately you don't have a very popular device and giving your the wrong information could easily leave you with a bricked device. Your best bet would be to continue to search Google for an answer to your problem.
Good luck! :thumbup:
Another popular developer site to check would be Rootzwiki. They really know their stuff over there.

tap'n

Nevakonaza
03-31-2013, 04:04 PM
Success!

Managed to put the stock (but slightly modded for Play store) rom on it and everything now works flawless.

stock 7792 - stock 2.2 roms rooted & play (http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/36595-stock-7792-rooted-play)

Thanks for your help guys,I understand there was only so much you could do..but greatly appreciated.

RobKort
03-31-2013, 11:56 PM
Glad to hear you got it solved. ;)

"Tapped in HD"