View Full Version : Keyboard alignment and functionality issues

04-11-2013, 08:33 PM
Having come from several Nokia slideout querty keyboad phones, I am having great difficulty using the onscreen keyboard and now realise it is not just me. The keyboard seems to be out of alignment with the touch points. When I use the stylus the 'cursor' is offset from the tip of the stylus. This effect is especially obvious with the pop-up symbols on the full stop key. To select any of the top six symbols, I have to select the one underneath it and to select the bottom ones I have to select the spacebar area below the actual symbol I want. Tapping into the text to place the cursor for editing is al most impossible as it never goes where I tap - I have to tap on the row of text below where I want to edit and if I am at the bottom of the typing area then I am into the keyboard area. Very frustrating! Typing this has taken ages. SMS and email are not as bad but.....

Is there any way to realign the keyboard to the touch points?
Is there a better keyboard around that has a back and forward arrow? (so I dont have to use the backspace and have to retype everything then try to tap back where I was!
Is anyone else having these problems?

04-12-2013, 02:40 AM
There are any number of custom keyboards available from Google Play Store - many are totally free. You should check them out and find one you like that does whatever it is you're looking for.

04-15-2013, 09:29 AM
Thanks! I did that and installed the Thumb keyboard. It is excellent, not free but worth every cent and is almost totally customisable. Now I can type accurately and twice the speed as I hit the right keys the first time.

It solves the keyboard problem, which was the main one, although the 'touch' is still off-centre in some other functions too.

Anyway the keyboard situation is solved and the replacement is much better in so many other ways! I have installed it on my Note tablet too!

Thanks again,

04-15-2013, 10:41 AM
Glad you got it resolved. :)