PDA

View Full Version : (SOS) LG Optimus Q L55c Boots into CWM-Based Recovery no matter what I do.

DatGreenTrashCan
10-16-2013, 08:30 PM
First I'm new to the forums I'm also new to this Optimus Q so far I am enjoying both of them, OK I still can't figure this out, I've tried all kinds of Android forums and this is the first Q model based forum I've come across, the problem is I can't get it to do anything but boot into a CWM-Based Recovery,( I had flashed a rom to it and it was working till a few days later when it died and I turned it back on) if it is mounted as a storage device there are no files on the phone. The following are steps I have taken to attempt to fix it;

-First in CWM-Based Recovery I selected the "wipe data/factory reset", "wipe cache partition", "wipe dalvik cache", "format system".
-On my PC I placed the Striped_Q_Modv1.0 in the same directory as C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot as instructed
-I ran Fastboot(in Administrator) on my PC with my LG Optimus Q plugged in with the proper USB cable and typed the following commands
1.adb reboot bootloader
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
*daemon started successfully*
2.Then it restarted my phone and reloaded into CWM-Based Recovery, which confused me because it says next to "Once the device is in fastboot mode, verify your PC sees the device by typing fastboot devices" but after I typed "fastboot devices" it just leaves a small blank line and says C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot> with the input cursor flashing.(clearly something wrong there?)
3. I decided to continue with the steps to see what would happen maybe it just wasn't popping up. so I typed "fastboot flash recovery Stripped_Q_Modv1.0.img"
I just get "<waiting for device>"

The sorce in which I am using to guide me through flashing on Fastboot is Here (http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Doc:_fastboot_intro#Installing_recovery_using_fast boot), an article by cyanogenmod, October 15 2013
Could use some serious help I need a phone, Thanks for your patients with me I'm a noob at these things.

UltraDroid
10-18-2013, 10:21 PM
Welcome to the forum! I'll need you to hang on for a bit until one of our more knowledgeable members can check in with some advice on how to handle your problem.