PDA

View Full Version : Can't Access Files On Nexus 5

murshid
03-14-2014, 06:50 PM
I've just bought Nexus 5. I have connected the phone to the PC and transferred some files from the PC to the phone. But how can I access those files on the phone? There are no "My Files" or any thing similar like my previous android phone (Samsung Galaxy Ace) had.

UltraDroid
03-14-2014, 07:36 PM
Where did you place the files you uploaded from your PC to the Nexus 5?

murshid
03-15-2014, 05:37 AM
Where did you place the files you uploaded from your PC to the Nexus 5?
In the internal storage.

CJM
03-15-2014, 07:07 PM
I think what you need is a file explorer. Try this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.metago.astro

Tapped from a Moto X

grenefroggie
03-15-2014, 08:18 PM
Does your phone pop up on your computer? I had this issue and had to go to the LG site and download the drivers from them. Once I did that, I was able to access my phone.

If you just want to explore files on your phone, then something like ES File Explorer would do the trick.

murshid
03-16-2014, 01:51 PM
Does your phone pop up on your computer? I had this issue and had to go to the LG site and download the drivers from them. Once I did that, I was able to access my phone.
Yes, I can access my phone through my computer. I just can't access the files from my phone.

If you just want to explore files on your phone, then something like ES File Explorer would do the trick.
I'll try that.