PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Receive Texts from iPhone Contacts

mom2vanna
03-17-2014, 01:40 PM
Hello all. I have a new phone as of last week. It is the Samsung GALAXY S4. My only problem with it, and thus is not a problem from Samsung, is that I had an iPhone before this phone and currently I am unable to receive any texts from any of my contacts with an iPhone. I have repeatedly called apple to get this resolved. I was told that they would disassociate my phone number from apple. I still am unable to receive texts from my iPhone contacts unless they turn off their IM. I really can't expect everyone on my contact list that has an iPhone to turn they're IM off. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you in advance for any help.

cali
03-17-2014, 01:49 PM
Welcome to the site. Moved your thread for responses.

CR6
03-17-2014, 06:28 PM
Welcome to the forum!
This is a known issue with many Android phones after the latest OS update. Are you texting via wifi or over your data connection. (there are certain carriers that don't allow texting via wifi) You might also try a third party messaging app. There are a number of free ones in the Play Store, and they all work much better than the stock app. Some examples are Textra, Chomp, GoSMS just to name a few.
If none of these work for you, check out our sister forum http://www.galaxys4forums.net/forum/forum.php which is dedicated specifically to the Galaxy S4..... someone there will be able to fix you right up. (plus they've got a ton of great information to help you with your new S4 & any other questions you may have)
Good luck & let us know if there's anything else we can help you with! :)

tap'n