PDA

View Full Version : Where Are Photos?

Jubilyn
01-12-2015, 03:55 PM
I'm new here (and to forums) so forgive me if I do anything out of protocol.

I connected my HTC EVO 4G LTE to my MacBook Pro via a USB cord. My intent was to download the many photos from my phone's gallery over to my computer. HTC Sync Manager and all that came up and I just went along with it. Seemed like my photos were being transferred. There were about 1700--which I know is a no-no to have that many photos on your phone without having them backed up somewhere.

Well--I can't seem to find the photos anywhere on my computer! Sadly--when I go to my phone gallery, I don't see the photos there either. I tried this whole process a few times and now I fear that it never truly synced and when I initially did it, at the end of the process, the photos were permanently removed? The only thing I see on my computer are weird symbols and I don't know if those are supposed to be the photos and I can get them back still by converting the files?

I apologize if this is confusing. I'm not a tech person. If someone doesn't know about this, where would you suggest I go? I'm due for a phone upgrade anyway so I'm willing to "sacrifice" my phone at some service center if they can retrieve my precious photos.

I've attached a screen shot of the images that appear on my MacBook.

cali
01-12-2015, 04:02 PM
Welcome to the site. Hope someone can assist.