PDA

View Full Version : DLo9 and z4root

BlackHoleSlam
01-16-2011, 01:26 PM
Okay just so everyone knows z4root will NOT repeat will NOT work with a fascinate on DLo9 you just need to use another ooption such as the bat file you run on your computer

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Android.net App

Jvandyke13
01-16-2011, 05:56 PM
I got it rooted by superoneclick, but still wondering what u mean by .bat

Joon Yang
01-17-2011, 11:39 AM
will i be able to find super onlick on xda??

Jvandyke13
01-17-2011, 01:23 PM
will i be able to find super onlick on xda??

Yes you can : [APP]SuperOneClick v1.5.5 (Root, Unroot, Enable Non-Market App, Get UNLOCK code) - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682)

BlackHoleSlam
01-17-2011, 11:08 PM
Bat file is the file that runs on the PC that's how I did it

Krnmc
01-20-2011, 04:25 AM
Are there any roms out? that works well with the fascinate? that will be worth Rooting for? Cause i dont really see a lot of roms for the fascinate like droid. =[

Mujibar
01-20-2011, 11:41 AM
Are there any roms out? that works well with the fascinate? that will be worth Rooting for? Cause i dont really see a lot of roms for the fascinate like droid. =[

There are a few ROMs out. JT's Super Clean seems to be pretty popular. There are also a number of themes available. Have you checked ROM Manager?

Granted, the amount of ROMs available is small right now. There are a couple of early Froyo ROM builds out there (punk kaos & jt1134), but most devs are probably waiting for Froyo to be officially released for this phone before they start building.

Jvandyke13
01-20-2011, 12:29 PM
Rooted. Have rom manager. But can't seem to be able to back up stock rom before I look for another rom. Any help ?

Mujibar
01-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Rooted. Have rom manager. But can't seem to be able to back up stock rom before I look for another rom. Any help ?

Have you flashed ClockworkMod w/ Odin? You need to do that first before you can make a Nandroid backup. Check out this walkthrough (http://www.fascinateforums.com/forum/hacking-help/881-clockworkmod-installation-nandroid-backups.html) on Fascinate Forums (sister site to Android.net). Sign up over there if you haven't already. Tons of good info for the Fascinate.

Jvandyke13
01-21-2011, 01:13 AM
I will try this when I have time. Have you done this before? Do you know how long it takes for the whole process. Hope it works.

Mujibar
01-21-2011, 01:17 AM
First thing I did after I rooted. Flashing Clockwork is key to making Nandroid backups. Doesn't take long at all (less than 5 minutes).

Jvandyke13
01-29-2011, 08:01 PM
First thing I did after I rooted. Flashing Clockwork is key to making Nandroid backups. Doesn't take long at all (less than 5 minutes).

okay so its been a few days and i just did the process that you sent in this thread a few days ago from fascinateforums and i downloaded odin and the drivers and all that and it did its thing, and then when i booted up my phone and went to rom manager i still cannot back up current rom.....i get an error message when it tries to reboot and do the back up.

Mujibar
01-29-2011, 11:17 PM
There are a couple of potential reasons why it's not working. I suggest posting over at FF in the Rescue Squad Help section. Follow the guidelines as to what info to post.

Posted via Tapatalk

Jvandyke13
02-06-2011, 11:42 PM
I wanna download the new dl30 froyo leak. Do I need to attempt to back up my stock rom before I do it?

Sent from my Samsung Fascinate using Tapatalk.

Mujibar
02-07-2011, 12:22 AM
Backing up is always a good idea when flashing a new ROM. Highly recommended.

Tapatalk'd

Jvandyke13
02-07-2011, 12:34 AM
A few weeks back when you sent the link for doing the nandroid back up earlier in this thread. I did it that way but I still can't back up my current rom using rom manager..

Mujibar
02-07-2011, 08:54 AM
A few weeks back when you sent the link for doing the nandroid back up earlier in this thread. I did it that way but I still can't back up my current rom using rom manager..

And you flashed ClockworkMod recovery to your phone w/ Odin? It may be that CWM didn't install properly & you need to re-flash it to your phone.

The best thing I can suggest is to post your question over at FF in the RS Help section. That will get many more eyes looking at and trying to figure out your problem. Please provide the info requested in the "How to get help from the Rescue Squad" sticky. Thanks.

Jvandyke13
02-07-2011, 10:31 AM
Ah I'm not gonna bother with it now. Thinking about getting the HTC thunderbolt so I think ill just keep my fascinate stock.

wicked
02-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Ah I'm not gonna bother with it now. Thinking about getting the HTC thunderbolt so I think ill just keep my fascinate stock.

Be sure to check out our sister site HTC Thunderbolt Forum (http://www.thunderboltforums.com/index.php)

Mujibar
02-08-2011, 11:24 AM

You might wanna check this out:

Best Buy to have retail exclusive for HTC Thunderbolt | Android Central (http://www.androidcentral.com/best-buy-have-retail-exclusive-htc-thunderbolt)