PDA

View Full Version : Better keyboard

FASTEDDY438
01-16-2011, 02:20 PM
I purchased and downloaded the better keyboard. I see that the ap downloaded but cannot figure out how to make it the default keyboard.

smalltowngirl13
01-16-2011, 02:31 PM
Make sure that you have enabled it in phone settings - language / keyboard...you can also set keyboard here as default or at anytime by long-pressing in a text field & selecting text input.

mountainbikermark
01-16-2011, 02:32 PM
Go into text app or anything where you have to write . Open up the keyboard like you are going to write . Long press the text area. Input method. Choose the one you want.
First go into main menu, keyboard, make sure better keyboard is checked.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved.

FASTEDDY438
01-16-2011, 04:46 PM
When I long press the box turns green but nothing else happens no input method option and when I stop pressing the box is active again and ready for input.

Go into text app or anything where you have to write . Open up the keyboard like you are going to write . Long press the text area. Input method. Choose the one you want.
First go into main menu, keyboard, make sure better keyboard is checked.

Support Our Troops!!

mountainbikermark
01-16-2011, 04:50 PM
Hold it about a second or 2 longer. You should have several options pop up, input method being just one

Support Our Troops!!

UltraDroid
01-16-2011, 07:08 PM
Make sure that you have enabled it in phone settings - language / keyboard...you can also set keyboard here as default or at anytime by long-pressing in a text field & selecting text input.

Smalltowngirl, didn't you have a different avatar last night?

smalltowngirl13
01-16-2011, 07:19 PM
Smalltowngirl, didn't you have a different avatar last night?

Yeah... the skeleton wasn't getting the love...

I like my Taz tho & the one I sport on dxf...

Sent from my Droid X...

UltraDroid
01-16-2011, 07:24 PM
Oh I think that Taz is ultra cool, and I know that the skeleton was giving Cereal Killer a headache...just wondered. :cool-android:

smalltowngirl13
01-16-2011, 07:34 PM
Yea, that was the story I heard too...I will stick with Taz for awhile... ;)

Sent from my Droid X...

FASTEDDY438
01-17-2011, 01:59 PM
I had not installed the unock key once I did it worked as you stated. The unlock key did not load onto the phone at the same time as the app? It was not there to install initially? It is all good now:cool-android:

mountainbikermark
01-17-2011, 02:48 PM
Good . Glad it's working

Support Our Troops!!