PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Roms?

Brock.overcash
01-22-2011, 08:07 PM
I just wanted to start this thread to see what everyones favorite rooms are. I personally like CM and Project Elite and I have tried a whole lot more and I wanted to see what else everybody thought was good so I can try it too!

wctaylor79
01-22-2011, 08:44 PM
Was running CM for a bit then Sapphire. Now though UD 2.5 and waiting for 3.0 to get just a little more final.

Quicksilver7714
01-22-2011, 08:58 PM
Have only ever run ChevyNo1's Simply Stunning. Just updated to v4.96. Now that I have upgraded to the droid X I have been extremely tempted to try Sapphire and the Avalon theme along with MIUI.
I am not currently running anything on my Droid X yet, it is just rooted for the time being.

Lindel
01-23-2011, 11:25 AM
I've run UD, ChevyNo1, ShadowRom, CyanogenMod, Project Elite and now Liquid Gingerbread. I really liked ShadowRom, but they seem to have gone away, CyanogenMod was my next fave, but LGB is very good. I'm going to give it some time and see how it develops.

guidot
01-23-2011, 12:44 PM
GimpSource.

GimpMod.

DavrosMod.

MetiCkMod.

Sent from my GimpDroid.

Brock.overcash
01-23-2011, 11:30 PM
I've run UD, ChevyNo1, ShadowRom, CyanogenMod, Project Elite and now Liquid Gingerbread. I really liked ShadowRom, but they seem to have gone away, CyanogenMod was my next fave, but LGB is very good. I'm going to give it some time and see how it develops.

The problem I have with a lot of ROMs is that so many of them basically slightly tweak cyanogen. That's why I didn't like ShadowROM all that much. It felt too much like CM IMHO.

And for everyone else, any good solid gingerbread rom suggestions other than the CM nighties?

OneTenderRebel
01-23-2011, 11:32 PM
I like the OneTenderRebel Rom personally, well actually it hasn't been created yet and most likely never will. But to be safe I took out a patent on the name anyways. I feel like it was a wise decision overall and at some point I will reap the benefits.

Lindel
01-24-2011, 11:45 AM
The problem I have with a lot of ROMs is that so many of them basically slightly tweak cyanogen. That's why I didn't like ShadowROM all that much. It felt too much like CM IMHO.

And for everyone else, any good solid gingerbread rom suggestions other than the CM nighties?

Liquid is pretty good, but it has most of the same issues as all the other Gingerbread ROMs at this point. Best to let them all mature a bit.

Bazar6
01-25-2011, 10:37 AM
I've never run CM on my phone, but Project Elite v4.2 is shaweeeeeet. I used to run Chevy, but I started trying out other roms, and I never went to another after finding PE (sorry Chevy!), it just works so smoothly on my phone. The standard kernel he packaged with it works best for me too. I tried using chevy's, but they didn't like the rom on my phone.

gwwjpd
01-27-2011, 07:25 PM
I'm a D1 owner since release day. I've been flashing ROMs since Pete's Bugless was a "Beauty". Tried just about every ROM out there, Bugless Beast, Ultimate Droid, Sapphire, Simply Stunning, Sourcery, CyanogenMod, Liquid Frozen Yogurt, Project Elite, GimpSource and many others. Flashed just as many Kernels and Themes for most of them. Right now, I really like Project Elite 4.2. The look, feel and customizations are so nice I haven't even changed the theme or Kernel. Besides a few of my own touch in the framework to change the icons in the status bar.

But that might all change, once the Gingerbread ROMs get finished baking.

Dawg72
01-28-2011, 09:45 AM
I LOVE the sourcery ROM. I have tried BB, Liquid, sapphire, and MIUI before Sourcery but I like this one best. Seems to be very smooth, fast, and I have not had one issue with it since download. The DEVS really seemed to put a lot of work into it and had it right from the beggining.

Lindel
01-29-2011, 09:51 PM
Using CM7 right now, Gingerbread flavor of CyanogenMod. Pretty much everything works but the camcorder which I hardly ever use.

Icculus760
01-30-2011, 03:35 PM
only one person mentioned MIUI...and barely at that?! :android-question:

If you're looking for a totally different ROM experience, and don't have a problem keeping up with weekly flashes to update a mostly stable beta, MIUI should be your first stop.

Though I'm a week behind MIUI b/c i just flashed UD 3.0.0 RC2 which has treated me nice the past few days.

Brock.overcash
01-30-2011, 03:58 PM
I'm a D1 owner since release day. I've been flashing ROMs since Pete's Bugless was a "Beauty". Tried just about every ROM out there, Bugless Beast, Ultimate Droid, Sapphire, Simply Stunning, Sourcery, CyanogenMod, Liquid Frozen Yogurt, Project Elite, GimpSource and many others. Flashed just as many Kernels and Themes for most of them. Right now, I really like Project Elite 4.2. The look, feel and customizations are so nice I haven't even changed the theme or Kernel. Besides a few of my own touch in the framework to change the icons in the status bar.

But that might all change, once the Gingerbread ROMs get finished baking.

Haha that's exactly where I am now. I can't wait for CM7 to become stable, I tried it and just had too many issues with it, but that's to be expected since its a nightly. I can't wait for Project Elte to go gingerbread too!

Sent from my Droid using Android.net App

Brock.overcash
01-30-2011, 04:00 PM
only one person mentioned MIUI...and barely at that?! :android-question:

If you're looking for a totally different ROM experience, and don't have a problem keeping up with weekly flashes to update a mostly stable beta, MIUI should be your first stop.

Though I'm a week behind MIUI b/c i just flashed UD 3.0.0 RC2 which has treated me nice the past few days.

I used Miui for a while and liked the unique feel but I had some issues with it and it just wasn't as fast as other roms I tried. I like the concept though!

Mr. Orange 645
01-31-2011, 02:07 AM
MIUI is by far my favorite, but I've been running the CM7 nightlies this last week, just to get a taste of Gingerbread.

firewing
01-31-2011, 06:17 PM
Sourcery, Project Elite and Ud...:)

mwhartman
01-31-2011, 06:36 PM
I've run BB, SS, Succulent Desire, Cyanogen, UD, Sapphire, MIUI, and PE. I keep changing, can you say ADDICTED

guidot
01-31-2011, 07:39 PM
Yes, I'm addicted to GimpSource (I'm a tester which doesn't help! :))

Brock.overcash
01-31-2011, 10:21 PM
Yes, I'm addicted to GimpSource (I'm a tester which doesn't help! :))

Trying out his v3.0 right now! Do u use his gimpybread theme or know of any others?

gwwjpd
02-01-2011, 12:27 AM
Oh yeah, forgot about MIUI, tried that for a few weeks too.

UltraDroid
02-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Ultimate Droid, Succulent Desire and Sourcery - in no particular order. Sourcery is my current rom, and I **really** like it.

furbearingmammal
02-14-2011, 06:28 PM
CyanogenMod. The devs might be complete Douches, but the ROM is solid and is, in so many ways, what stock should have been. :)

poontab
02-17-2011, 01:36 AM
^+1 cm7!

Brock.overcash
02-19-2011, 12:41 AM
CyanogenMod. The devs might be complete Douches, but the ROM is solid and is, in so many ways, what stock should have been. :)

Haha I see what u did there and yeah, manufacturers or just google should seriously hire these guys

cush2push
02-23-2011, 11:22 PM
cushzero gingerbread rom is my fav :android-dance:

poontab
02-25-2011, 02:20 AM
PEv5 for day
CM7 for night

gatewayad
02-25-2011, 02:51 PM
you gotta try Liquids gingerbread LGB 1.3 its really smooth

Droid DOES!!
02-27-2011, 01:14 AM
Sourcery 2.1 FTW

CJM
02-27-2011, 11:11 AM
P.E. and Liquids rom's. But CM has been my favorite lately.

RodNoc_eR
02-27-2011, 05:56 PM
Fav Rom#1 - MIUI
Fav Rom#2 - Project Elite

Fav Kernel#1 - P3
Fav Kernel#2 - Raidzero.

RayBan
02-27-2011, 08:22 PM
i <3 cm7 :android-dance:

/10char

furbearingmammal
02-27-2011, 08:28 PM
i <3 cm7 :android-dance:

/10char

5char here. :D

RayBan
02-27-2011, 08:31 PM
5char here. :D

oo WIN! lol :D

Chris Overton
02-28-2011, 06:35 PM
Favourite ROM is MIUI. Have been running it ever since it first became available. Works great with a slayher 1.2 LV kernel.