PDA

View Full Version : I Have a Samsung Intercept

Jim Howard
01-28-2011, 04:48 AM
I guess I should post here and be the first to admit to having a Samsung Intercept. I just got mine a couple of days ago.
I did review on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byBJE7qER8c" on November of 2010.

I am using the phone with Virgin Mobile service.
If you activate ANY cell phone with Virgin Mobile please use "eJ7W7nn" as the kickback code. You will get an extra 60 minutes added to your phone calls AND I will also get an extra 60 minutes added to my service.
I have the $25.00 a month plan and the phone calls are 300 minutes. I use less than 30 minutes a month but still it would be nice to have the extra 60 minutes added one month.

I am using the $25.00 a month plan. I get 300 minutes of voice calls and no limit on data. Pretty good deal.

I am new to android. I love it so far. I am just learning.
I, of course, can not wait until Virgin Mobile upgrades to v2.2 of Android.

Dorian
01-28-2011, 06:41 AM
That's a good review! Plus the commentary while opening the plastic boxing was priceless..LOL. I can see where Best Buy would be the one to make the mistake of not scanning the ESN to validate it's purchase... those clowns always do something to mess up a good purchasing experience. :rolleyes: Welcome to the forum! Oh, and you can use Google Voice from the market to make calls over your WiFi connection...

tp76
01-28-2011, 07:01 AM
Welcome to the Forum :)

wicked
01-28-2011, 07:04 AM
Yes welcome to the forum and like Dorian said the opening of the package was priceless! :android-nerd:

danDroid
01-28-2011, 10:38 AM
Welcome to the forum Jim from Austin!

Jim Howard
01-28-2011, 11:08 PM
OK thanks. I will download Google Voice and play with it later.

Lactone
02-13-2011, 11:35 AM
Hey Jim! I have an Intercept also. I got mine about a week ago. I was an avid droid user for about 1.5 years until I couldn't afford the $80/month from Verizon anymore =/ That was until I found the same great deal you have through Virgin Mobile!

Loving my intercept. Not the most advanced Droid out there, but it suits my needs just fine.

cybersenior
02-19-2011, 07:52 AM
I also have the same phone and Virgin Mobile. Never having used a smart phone before and really just WANTED one, i found their pricing to be to my liking. However, this old brain is having a hard time learning my way around. I'm looking for a hard cover book to use for instruction manual since I can't get Virgin Mobile. I know, I know, all you techies don't need a book, but I learn better that way. I've downloaded the manual and guess I'll just have to print it off. Also, how do you get a kickback code?

cybersenior
02-19-2011, 08:13 AM
Jim, just watched your video and sorry you're having so much trouble. i have to say that my experience with Best Buy has been much more positive. In fact, I sent an the corporate office an email commending the staff in our local store for how helpful they have been to me in helping me learn how to use my phone. I've been back so many times they know me by name and have managed to make me not feel totally stupid for asking so many basic techie questions. They have been very patient and take as much time as necessary to help me understand things. Hope you get satisfaction when you go back

Lactone
02-19-2011, 11:11 PM
Also, how do you get a kickback code?

Log into their website @ Prepaid Cell Phone Service and Pay as You Go | Virgin Mobile (http://www.virginmobileusa.com) using your mobile phone number and 6 digit pin. Once you are on the account overiew page, click on the far right tab (Programs & The Latest). From there, there is a link to the kickback code associated with your account. Basically, if you refer someone to use Virgin Mobile, and they enter your kickback code, you get 60 minutes free airtime.

hargon
03-11-2011, 11:03 PM
Yeah, your review pretty much says it all.. I got my 1st smartphone 2 mo's ago, a samsung intercept w/ virgin mobile's $25/mo service. Some hardcore users may have more to be desired but for a noob like me, it's gravey!

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Android.net App

cd_fifty_6
05-04-2012, 12:03 AM
I saw you before I was a member of the forum :)