PDA

View Full Version : Help making shoutbox app?

davidjr621
02-03-2011, 03:52 PM
I was wanting to make a shoutbox app for on my partner sites. Could anyone help me out a bit? My Ubuntu crashed about a month ago and i lost the source i had started for it. On the old source i got far enough to where i could connect to other shoutbox's except the one is was being built for. Any help on rebuilding the source would be appreciated.

Thanks,
David

IDavis
02-03-2011, 09:27 PM
Did your hard drive go south? Or did something just go wrong in the OS? That makes the difference. If it was something with the OS or hardware, can you boot up the machine using a live linux disc? Ubuntu would do, or knoppix. Once you boot up the machine, mount the drive and see if you can get your files off to another drive, or maybe a usb stick. If it was something like RAM, you can move the hard drive to another machine or use a IDE or SATA to USB cable to mount the drive on another machine.

davidjr621
02-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Ubuntu crashed, but i found one of my old flash drives with the shoutbox source, now to find out how to connect to the correct shoutbox... any help would be appreciated