PDA

View Full Version : Android Installation Help! (Can't Find the JDK)

KansaiRobot
03-24-2011, 06:32 AM
Hello. I have a newbie question and I will appreciate if someone can help me...

I installed succesfully android on a notebook and I am now trying to do the same in a desktop. The difference is that in the first one I installed everything from scratch.

In the desktop though I already have the JDK installed (as well as Eclipse and NetBeans). Now just to make sure I can see:

J2SE Development Kit 5.0 Update 15.

There is no mistake that I have Java since I already developed a program with Eclipse (different project)

Now, when I try to install the Android SDK I get an error message saying

Java SE Development Kit(JDK) not found! :android-cry:

Why do you guys think this happen???

Thanks a lot for the help that you can give me

Kansai

Droid-Xer
03-24-2011, 11:36 AM
What OS are you running? If you're on Windows, did you download the installer SDK or the regular SDK?

KansaiRobot
03-24-2011, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the reply

I downloaded the installer, but the funny thing is it worked. HOW? well once it says it doesnt find the JDK I press back and then next again and it finds it!!!:android-nerd:

and it is always like this... it complains it cant find it, then back and next and it finds it... Weird... wonder why...

I havent finished installing it again so probably I will have more questions. Please help me with those as well

Thanks

Kansai

KansaiRobot
03-25-2011, 02:29 AM
Again, as I thought I am having huge problems installing android (using one day already)

first, after installing the SDK tools, which is first? Run the Manager or installing the ADT Plugin for eclipse.
In the home page for android it says first the ADT plugin but it refuses since it cant find things, so it recommends me to run the manager.

Ok I did and this is what I got

I am stuck... I dont know what to do....

why is it that the https location that android recommends is never found. even for installing the SDK I had to force it with http but in this case not even that works...

help!:android-cry:

Droid-Xer
03-25-2011, 10:26 AM
adb is in the platform-tools so you have to either move everything to there or move everything to tools and use that as your path. Are you going to be developing for android? If not then you don't need eclipse

KansaiRobot
03-28-2011, 06:24 AM
I read many pages in the web saying the same thing I found by accident: that problem was solved by going back and forward one time... very weird...

thank you for the help! and please help me on my other threads as well :)

hscoder
04-29-2012, 03:09 AM
Some time Android Sdk installation does not able to find the java sdk location. for it you can create a System Environment variable 'JAVA_HOME' and set the Your java SDK path to environment variable value.
you can check the the details how to create an Environment variable for 'JAVA_HOME'. check this:
java-se-development-kit-jdk-not-found-during-android-sdk-installation (http://www.authorcode.com/forums/topic/java-se-development-kit-jdk-not-found-during-android-sdk-installation/)