PDA

View Full Version : Rooted Yesterday Screwed Today

tcreaper
03-24-2011, 09:49 PM
Hi all. Hope I am not asking a question that has been asked but I am freaking out right now (and a little drunk to cope) so I havent looked. I currently have an HTC Incredible that is now running Cyanogen Mod 7. Makes my phone a Ginger 2.3.3 I think lol I used UnRevoked to root the phone and Rom Manager to flash the new Rom. After reboot I noticed I had NO contacts and apps I had previously installed were missing. I looked and my "New" TopRam 32gb Class 10 MiSD card was not mounted. I tried to mount and I got an error stating the SD card is damaged. Heres my issue. I backed up the SD to my laptop BEFORE I did my Nandroid backup....stupid I know. Is there ANY way to get back to Factory "Sense" so I can reload my SD and then start over or am I screwed?:android-question:

Had to edit to add my new signature and email =D

eatinipadsand****tiniphones@android.net

Hope the signature writes itself...lol

I got bleeped!!! Im sure you can fill in the blank =D

tcreaper
03-24-2011, 10:12 PM
I have since placed the SD Card in my laptop and it is unreadable. Very frustrating. I don't understand how this could happen. My luck tho, first Rom Flash and I lose my backup and everything else on the SD =( Lesson learned tho, AFTER DOING YOUR NANDROID BACKUP MAKE SURE YOU SAVE A SAFE COPY TO AN EXTERNAL DRIVE!!!!

furbearingmammal
03-24-2011, 10:16 PM
Did you install the app pack? Did you make a backup? Did you read the family friendly warning? :)

If you haven't installed the app pack, install the app pack and see if stuff restores. If you did install the app pack then I'd recommend you'd restore your backup and then get into the settings and tell the phone to back up your contacts with Google. As for the missing apps, they might redownload from the market, they might not. Use Titanium Backup to back them up so you make sure you have them.

furbearingmammal
03-24-2011, 10:17 PM
Yes, that is a good lesson. Unfortunately SD cards become corrupted. You might be able to save your data, though. There are programs you can use to scan the card to see if there's recoverable data.

tcreaper
03-24-2011, 10:23 PM
The Plot thickens..... I formatted the SD and then partitioned it using CW After reboot I am now in a boot loop with NO recovery to go to /sigh

tcreaper
03-24-2011, 10:25 PM
I did download the app pack...apps are the least of my worries. And as you can see I have formatted the card in my frustration. Figured it was lost anyway =(

I am assuming I can download a new rom to the sd via my laptop and at least unbrick my phone?
Is there anywhere on the net I can find a stock froyo 2.2 rom? Going to look now but I am thoroughly wasted at this point and should probably stop. Although, my phone is currently bricked so no more damage can be done other than throwing it across the room LOL

furbearingmammal
03-24-2011, 10:28 PM
Partitioning the SD card for what? There's no benefit unless you're setting up an EXT4 swapfile, and even that won't buy you anything except burning out your card faster.

tcreaper
03-24-2011, 10:35 PM
Figured I could save 2 copies of my backups one to each of the partitions but if the card fries that makes no sense.........
<----- Noob!!

furbearingmammal
03-24-2011, 10:51 PM
There you go.

And for the record, I've seen very bad reviews of cheap Class 10 MicroSD cards.

Anyway, moving along, your best bet is to copy a backup to your PC. If you only keep the last three it won't take up TOO much space, know what I'm saying?

tcreaper
03-24-2011, 10:56 PM
Could Care LESS about space LOL This will never happen again!!! So if the $110 class 10 32gb SD I bought is cheap what do you recommend? and btw did you see my edit? Ill copy and paste JIC

I am assuming I can download a new rom to the sd via my laptop and at least unbrick my phone?
Is there anywhere on the net I can find a stock froyo 2.2 rom? Going to look now but I am thoroughly wasted at this point and should probably stop. Although, my phone is currently bricked so no more damage can be done other than throwing it across the room LOL

Thanks for your help thus far. I really appreciate it!! Is there somewhere on this forum I can thank you properly so you get the props?

furbearingmammal
03-24-2011, 11:10 PM
I didn't see the edit, no. Yes, assuming you can get into recovery. You may have to RUU back to stock, though.

Ouch on the price. I just saw the exact same thing for $60 a couple days ago. How long have you had it? And TopData is a lower-end brand, from what I've seen.

If you want you can get a 16GB card for around $20, but you're talking class 2. Class 6 I've only priced 8GB and that was about $10. :)