PDA

View Full Version : Anyone having reception problems?

CobelAli
04-29-2011, 11:28 AM
Hi,
I just replaced my G2 with the G2x and now my reception has taken a huge hit. I usually get around 2 to 3 bars at work on the G2, but the G2x is one bar or no service. Is anyone else having this problem?:android-displeased:

This is a dual core phone, but when I slide to unlock, the motion isn't smooth. With a Tegra2 I expected better performance than my G2 running at 800 MHz. The games do look amazing and super smooth.

Droid-Xer
04-29-2011, 11:39 AM
Dual core has nothing to do with the unlock screen. That's simple lg UI. You can try an app like widget locker to bypass the stock lockscreen or bypass completely using no lock from market. As for the data issue, VZW was having 4g issues the past few days. Could be it.

CobelAli
04-29-2011, 11:46 AM
The UI is stock Froyo; there are no LG customization on this phone. Either the CPU or GPU is responsible for showing and moving the unlock button. With a higher clock frequency, the motions should be smoother than my old G2.

Is there a Verizon version? I have the T-Mobile version.

Droid-Xer
04-29-2011, 04:36 PM
No vzw version, I was just throwing it out there. Lock screens are a common issue. I have an overclocked droid x (1.25ghz) and it can still be choppy. Not sure if there's a fix other than rooting and ROMming to replace the system.

CobelAli
04-29-2011, 06:53 PM
I rooted the phone and uninstalled all the crap they bundle with it, but it didn't help. I can't find any ROMs for this phone yet, but there are people working on it.

The reception issue is really annoying. I'm going to swap it for another unit to see if it gets better. If it doesn't improve, I have to return it and get something else.

Droid-Xer
04-29-2011, 07:17 PM
Well if ya get it figured out, please let us know for other users with the same issue

discombobulated
04-30-2011, 02:48 AM
No reception issues here... no lag or anything so far... just loving the incredible power of this phone...

g00s3
05-09-2011, 02:53 PM
Hi,
I just replaced my G2 with the G2x and now my reception has taken a huge hit. I usually get around 2 to 3 bars at work on the G2, but the G2x is one bar or no service. Is anyone else having this problem?:android-displeased:

This is a dual core phone, but when I slide to unlock, the motion isn't smooth. With a Tegra2 I expected better performance than my G2 running at 800 MHz. The games do look amazing and super smooth.

It's a "known issue" with 2.2. Wait for 2.3 or root and load up CM7. From what I've seen, it takes care of that issue. This phone was designed to run on 2.3.3 and not sure why they pushed it out without it. Once it gets it, it will utilize all aspects this phone is capable of! can't wait for the OTA update!!!

Lindel
05-17-2011, 07:32 PM
Supposedly, T-Mobile is working on a GB release. I haven't had an issue with lagging anywhere, but the reception seems to be a bit spotty in places.

SLAG IT!
05-17-2011, 09:28 PM
I have no reception issues. And I have T-Mobile.

Eagle1967
05-17-2011, 10:10 PM
hey guys i had reception problems and coming from verizon thought it was tmobile and returned it . comiong from verizon so had no experience with tmobile. i decided to try a tmobile 4g hotspot due to no land based internet here. and it workd so i went and got another g2x and its connection is fine. so if you are having connection issues return it there are definatley bad connection phones out there.

SLAG IT!
05-18-2011, 12:30 AM
That is true that there is phones that have connection issues. I just have no issues with my reception. I did notice earlier tonight that sending a text message was not happening. It is working fine now though.

Lindel
05-19-2011, 07:03 PM
Has anyone flashed the leaked gingerbread rom? From what I understand, you loose the LG camera interface to the Gingerbread camera interface.

I'm mostly curious about what the impression of the "stock" GB rom is, and if it's stable.