PDA

View Full Version : Insurance claim, recieved refurbished phone that acts completely different

stevin
05-05-2011, 07:13 AM
I had a yard sale this weekend and it seams that someone picked my phone up and put it in their pocket. Anyway I called and made the clim and I recieved my refurbished phone the next day. A few things.... Alot of th icons are different on the phone, it seams that the way alot of the setting are set up is also different. Forinstance when I text it used to show up as a list, now there are yellow and blue bubble with the person im texting and my words. Not a big deal but I liked the way my original phone did this. One of my other quams is my contacts that were supposedly backed up onto gmail are now scrambled, for instance people with the same letter beginning in their name have become mixed up together.

The biggest issue is the fact that I am getting very low signal, most of the time it's showing only one bar and thats on 3g, when I used to get 4g, I havent recieved many calls so im told. The lady I called from customer service said that this happens when a phone is reactivated and to watch it over the next 48 hours. When I am texting most of the time my responses fail and the text I am recieving get to me 8-10 minutes after they were sent. Any ideas on whether this will correct itself or is this an issue with the hardware? Frankly I am sick of reloading all my apps and settings the way I use them. I feel if im paying monthly for insurance and then 100 dollar deductable why not give me a brand new phone. In the long run I might be better off not getting insurance and just buying a new one. Seams over the course of a year or so the cost of insurance would pay for a new one anyway.

I would love to hear soe feedback on this thread and hear some other experiences.

Droid-Xer
05-05-2011, 11:05 AM
I would request another replacement. It takes up to 24 hrs for a phone to be activated. As far as different look of the phone, it could be using a different OS version. Either way just get another one. Refurbs are hit or miss.

Angered_Link
05-05-2011, 11:46 AM
I would request another replacement. It takes up to 24 hrs for a phone to be activated. As far as different look of the phone, it could be using a different OS version. Either way just get another one. Refurbs are hit or miss.

+1 for Droid-Xer comment, I'll take another phone now that THAT1 sounds not good. (Specially in signal & contacts) =S... Good luck w/ the change =)!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android.net