PDA

View Full Version : Droid X2 Forum has been added to Android.net!

danDroid
05-18-2011, 11:22 AM
Welcome to the Droid X2 Forum on Android.net! This section is dedicated to the upcoming Droid X2 due out later this month.

Anyone waiting for this phone?

Droid-Xer
05-18-2011, 05:15 PM
I've had my X since launch and its been an awesome phone. Its still one of the best available. The X2 will be smokin fast!

tp76
05-18-2011, 10:47 PM
The X2 will be smoking fast, but with all the new phones on the horizon it's difficult to make a call so early

chawkins1022
05-19-2011, 11:07 PM
I just ordered it online today from Verizon. had been holding out for the Bionic, but couldn't wait. the only differance I could see was that the bionic is 4G & a front faceing camera. to pay the extra $$$ for it wasn't worth it for Me, especialy if they charge more for 4G data ? should get up & running before it hits the stores. My wife has a iPhone4 and has been trying very hard for me get one too, Sorry.

holsteinmoo
05-23-2011, 12:16 PM
I am taking a serious look at this phone. If I knew 4g would be in my area in the next year or so, I might wait...I kind of hate to use my two year upgrade on this and then wish I hadn't because of 4g. Other than that, I would be satisfied with the phone.

I read on DroidLife that someone used the Gingerroot.apk to root this phone already...can anyone confirm that?

psychotic_penguin
05-23-2011, 08:46 PM
Just ordered mine tonight......back to Moto

johnvicencio
05-25-2011, 05:23 PM
Well, all I can say is that Motorola's products are solid specialy the DROID X2 (MythosLife.com: Motorola DROID X2 with Verizon is Now Available (http://www.mythoslife.com/2011/05/motorola-droid-x2-with-verizon-is-now.html)). Verizon's marketing is working as far as PR'ing their DROID series. The newest DROID Charge by Samsung (MythosLife.com: DROID Charge by Samsung for Verizon is now available (http://www.mythoslife.com/2011/05/droid-charge-by-samsung-for-verizon-is.html)) is a great by as well because it is 4G, rather than 3G.:cool-android:

psychotic_penguin
05-30-2011, 10:41 AM
I am taking a serious look at this phone. If I knew 4g would be in my area in the next year or so, I might wait...I kind of hate to use my two year upgrade on this and then wish I hadn't because of 4g. Other than that, I would be satisfied with the phone.

I read on DroidLife that someone used the Gingerroot.apk to root this phone already...can anyone confirm that?

Confirmed that Gingerbreak roots this phone. I was rooted about a minute after activation, first time out of the gate. Just like z4Root you can root and unroot with this app.

holsteinmoo
05-30-2011, 07:25 PM
Confirmed that Gingerbreak roots this phone. I was rooted about a minute after activation, first time out of the gate. Just like z4Root you can root and unroot with this app.

Thanks for letting me know. I am trying to be patient to see what develops for the phone. I want at least dual core for my next device. So how does the locked bootloader affect customization, roms, and such? I mean the DX has roms and themes available for it, right?

furbearingmammal
05-30-2011, 08:12 PM
Themes, yes. ROMS? No. Themes? Yes. Anything on the X calling itself a ROM is a glorified theme. Same with any locked bootloader device. There's a reason why there isn't a CyanogenMod for the X. The same will hold true for the X2 (and any future Motorola phone) unless Motorola releases, someone leaks, or someone finds a way to spoof the signing keys.

Chances of a leak are next to nil, finding a way to bypass, spoof, or hack the bootloader? That crap's encrypted so tightly it puts NSA standard cryptology to shame.

BikeJAG
06-14-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm looking at this but am hesitant in part because it doesn't appear to support Adobe Flash. While it may be 2.2.2, it's not on the list of certified devices and I've gotten burned recently with a 2.2.2 but the phone software isn't compatible. An X2 for $200 plus data plan etc. should have flash these days and if it doesn't it's crap. Advice on buying this without assurance it's flash ready without hoping for some update coming from fantasy land?

psychotic_penguin
06-14-2011, 10:51 PM
Flash is supported and working just fine just updated again yesterday.

furbearingmammal
06-14-2011, 11:20 PM
When it comes to Flash you only need to look at the following two things -- is the processor 800MHz or faster and does it have 256MB of RAM? If you can answer yes to both of those questions then you're good to go with Flash.

Those are the minimum specs for Flash in a Linux environment, and Android is Linux. :D

holsteinmoo
06-30-2011, 02:00 PM

I have a DX2 coming today, so I am trying to do a little research. I will definitely root. I plan to use the gingerbreak.apk I would LOVE to make a backup but know that it is not possible. I did download the sbf with the moto drivers and rsd lite. Do you know of any accurate directions for flashing the sbf out there? I would perfer to have my ducks in a row before trying to root...nothing like jacking up a brand new phone with no way to roll it back...happened with my xoom last month...not fun.

P.S. I was able to get the xoom back in order thanks to folks on xoom forums :)