PDA

View Full Version : Does Samsung Infuse 4G play VOB format?

Godblind
05-24-2011, 02:51 AM
I was told by a friend that the Infuse 4G PLAY DVD VIDEO! Is it true??? I checked the user manual and it says the device plays “MPEG4, H.263, H.264, DivX, XviD, WMV, AVI, 3GP, Flash Video”. I don’t see DVD or VOB. Isn’t DVD video .vob files? Does Samsung Infuse 4G play VOB format?

wicked
05-24-2011, 06:30 PM
I don't know of any android phones that play .VOB files. You will have to convert them first to mp4 or avi then transfer them to your phone.
A good video player that supports many different formats is MoboPlayer. Check it out in the market.

Dorian
05-24-2011, 10:06 PM
Nope, it won't play .VOB because of AC3 audio. You can play 720p video just fine (avi, mkv, mp4), but the audio has to be encoded as MP3 or AAC (faac). Sorry. :(

kiki123
05-24-2011, 10:53 PM
I was told by a friend that the Infuse 4G PLAY DVD VIDEO! Is it true??? I checked the user manual and it says the device plays “MPEG4, H.263, H.264, DivX, XviD, WMV, AVI, 3GP, Flash Video”. I don’t see DVD or VOB. Isn’t DVD video .vob files? Does Samsung Infuse 4G play VOB format?

YES, it plays VOB! I’ve just tested with a .vob clip copied from Iron Man (DVD edition), and to my surprise Samsung Infuse 4G plays the video… Just one thing- I can’t FF. Every time I try fast forward, it quits unexpectly. This is weird.

Dorian
05-24-2011, 10:57 PM
YES, it plays VOB! I’ve just tested with a .vob clip copied from Iron Man (DVD edition), and to my surprise Samsung Infuse 4G plays the video… Just one thing- I can’t FF. Every time I try fast forward, it quits unexpectly. This is weird.

Interesting. Maybe something new. Since the Infuse is geared towards video... I wonder...

wicked
05-24-2011, 11:04 PM
Would be better to convert them still though. .VOB files are usually huge in size.

kiki123
05-25-2011, 09:32 PM
Would be better to convert them still though. .VOB files are usually huge in size.

Yeah, you're right. Spider-Man 2 ends up with 3.5gb in size, that's really HUGE! So I Googled "convert vob to samsung infuse 4g", and found a converter from pavtube, which helped me compress Spider-Man 2 DVD to 800M. This is much acceptable.

And I find that when VOB is converted to MP4, I can get the movie FF on Infuse 4G.:android-dance:

SLAG IT!
05-25-2011, 10:00 PM
That's a good thing then. Glad you have it working well for you now. :)