PDA

View Full Version : Droid 3?

danDroid
05-25-2011, 11:26 AM
Just wondering who is waiting for the Droid 3 to come out?

dtdlurch
05-31-2011, 07:22 AM
I know I am. Went to the Droid X after I dunked my OG Droid in the toilet. Really missing the keyboard. Just hope the bootloader is unlocked. If not, I may be on the lookout for something else....

furbearingmammal
05-31-2011, 12:24 PM
I know it'll be locked tighter than NSA data files, but I'm more interested in it than I probably should be. But I still have a year to go on my contract. :) At that point we'll see if the phone makers have come to their senses or if i'll be looking abroad for my next phone.

dtdlurch
06-03-2011, 07:13 AM
I'm really hoping all this bootloader drama might lead to some progress at that front by time the phone comes out. I know it's still a long shot, but Motorola making that statement about reviewing their policy and possibly offering solutions "later in the year" gives me a sliver of hope. On the other hand, they could just be saying that to get people off their backs!

Got a year left before I can upgrade too. I like my X, but I'm really disappointed I used my upgrade on it. Should have just bought a used Droid.

furbearingmammal
06-03-2011, 03:38 PM
I have an upgrade kicking around. I got a 1-year one a few weeks ago, so I'm holding onto it like it was gold. So we'll see what happens in the near future. :D

Droid-Xer
06-03-2011, 06:26 PM
Lets see what Moto does. hit another grand slam (OG Droid) or hit into a double play (any other Moto product)

jstafford1
06-03-2011, 07:56 PM
I see a D3 in my future.....:D

sent from somewhere...

furbearingmammal
06-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Actually, with the admission that MotoBlur is raping all that data from your phone, I'm seriously doubting I'll be getting another Motorola phone any time soon...

jstafford1
06-03-2011, 08:54 PM
Actually, with the admission that MotoBlur is raping all that data from your phone, I'm seriously doubting I'll be getting another Motorola phone any time soon...

Eh.....

sent from somewhere...

Droid-Xer
06-04-2011, 03:07 AM
I prefer Moto to any other brand. I've never had an issue with their hardware.

tp76
06-04-2011, 07:49 AM
D3 or Targa/Bionic for me - not sure which one yet...

sarashah
06-04-2011, 11:28 AM
According to a tipster Droid 3 screen has been upgraded to a 4-inch qHD panel and inside is one of those fancy dual-cores all the cool phones are rockin' these days -- presumably of the Tegra 2 variety like Droid X2.

furbearingmammal
06-04-2011, 08:59 PM
That would be cool. Now if only they can get the software optimized FULLY for a dual-core thingamajig and that turns out to be true... :)

Droid-Xer
06-05-2011, 01:54 AM
Seems like if its going to he 4g lte then it needs the dual core ti omap cpu. The tegra are troublesome with lte

furbearingmammal
06-05-2011, 03:31 PM
Anyone notice how suddenly more people are excited by the idea? Especially after the D2, D2G, R2D2, and any other variants they kicked out were such piles o' crap for people unless they hacked them? :D

Though I did like the keyboard on the D2 a lot more than the one on my D1. I missed the D-pad, though, for the occasional game and stuff.

Droid-Xer
06-05-2011, 08:51 PM
Well we've had to settle for whatever Motorola puts oout. Locked down and all. We can still do the same as any other open phone. We just have less ROM options.

BikeJAG
07-08-2011, 11:05 AM
So it's Friday, I got my Droid X2 on Monday and they announced yesterday that the Droid 3 will be coming out next week with the keys improved so they aren't the annoying buttons, the QWERTY, the dual cameras, and Gingerbread. Guess I'm going to pay the restocking fee . . . SNAP! or a four letter version so I don't violate the posting policy for profanity.