PDA

View Full Version : Customising App Screen

Dumdeedoodit
06-05-2011, 02:24 PM
hi guys,

loving my S2 so much, but theres one thing thats really bugging me. Dont know if its the same with all android phones, but i have a choice of 12 screens full of apps that appear when you press the app button on the home screen.

trouble is that some of these screens are only half full and when you delete an app, they dont condense down. is there a way of doing this as i reckon i could get down to perhaps 8 screens by doing this.

furbearingmammal
06-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Try a different launcher.

Droid-Xer
06-05-2011, 10:03 PM
Ya you can try launcher pro or adw or go launcher. They have more options than stock.

CR6
06-06-2011, 01:06 AM
I use GoLauncher and love it.
To fix your problem though without downloading a new launcher, go into your appdrawer and hit the menu button. You should have the option to change the look to grid view or list view. Hit list view and go back to you home screen. Go back into your app drawer and repeat the process, but put it back on "grid" view. That should rearrange your apps so you don't have anymore blank spaces or a half screen of apps.
(Works for touchwiz so I'm hoping it'll work on yours as well)

Tapatalker!

samarx
06-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Why try a different launcher. Good reply from other person. although I am presently using SPB Shell 3D.

furbearingmammal
06-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Because a different launcher will totally change the way your phone looks. For example, and not even getting into the other nice things ADW allows you to do, ADW has lots of downloadable themes in the market. Do a quick search in the Market and see what you can find. :)

SLAG IT!
06-09-2011, 10:01 PM
It's like going to the same restaurant everyday and eating the same thing everyday. Boring!

CR6
06-11-2011, 03:54 AM
It's like going to the same restaurant everyday and eating the same thing everyday. Boring!

I agree!
;)

Tapatalker!