PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Galaxy Ace Headphone Issue

Crippler96
06-06-2011, 03:41 PM
I recently bought a samsung galaxy ace as an upgrade from my previous LG Optimus (Terrible phone) and i seem to be having trouble with earphones in it. It came with the same pair that comes in Galaxy S's although it is TERRIBLE and i will repeat TERRIBLE quality, there is hardly ANY sound. I tried it on a galaxy S and what do you know, fantastic quality.
Please i would really appreciate any help given on here.

CR6
06-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Even though they worked well on a different device, have you tried a different set of earbuds just to confirm? Typically, earbuds that come free with most phones and/or tablets aren't the best quality.
(Worth a try)

You may also want to double check your device... most phones with 2.2 and higher have a seperate volume control for "system" and "media".

Tapatalker!

SLAG IT!
06-06-2011, 08:36 PM
I agree with CR6. It probably is just the volume turned down. Yeah the free earbuds are not always the best.

Crippler96
06-07-2011, 09:44 AM
I tried changing the buds, no different, and as to the volume control i have them set to maximum. No change? Also it sounds a little different when i hold the phone button down on the mic attatched to the cable.

furbearingmammal
06-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Sounds like you have a faulty jack. See about getting a replacement phone.

Crippler96
06-07-2011, 02:46 PM
I tried some other headphones, they work fine? But they arent the best of earphones, plus i just tried the samsung ones on my computer and they're the same.

furbearingmammal
06-07-2011, 02:54 PM
They all sound the same on the pc? Sounds like one of them may have a slightly longer/shorter plug than the others. It's making better contact inside the jack.

Sent from my Droid using Android.net

Crippler96
06-07-2011, 03:30 PM
No no, just the samsung ones sound the same, even on my ipod. I am really stumped :/

furbearingmammal
06-07-2011, 04:18 PM
The samsung headphones sound bad everywhere? I'm confused.

Sent from my Droid using Android.net

Dejan
06-07-2011, 07:24 PM
Lol, i found this topic via google, searching for the solution.

Anyway i have exactly the sam issue. Awful sound quality on samsung original headphones. It gets little better when i press th button on them. Other headphones sound OK.

Looks like we got some failed earphones lolol. :android-batman:

PS sorry for my english

Dorian
06-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Lol, i found this topic via google, searching for the solution.

Anyway i have exactly the sam issue. Awful sound quality on samsung original headphones. It gets little better when i press th button on them. Other headphones sound OK.

Looks like we got some failed earphones lolol. :android-batman:

PS sorry for my english

I've seen a LOT of people with audio issues with the Ace. It seems to be a combination of the kernel not knowing the correct headphone jack logic and a hardware defect. Send it back for a replacement, or have it sent to a Samsung Service Center.

Dejan
06-07-2011, 07:46 PM
Most likely it's a hardware defect with the earbuds. Since all other earbuds/phones or other audio devices work good with my phone, i doubt tha there is something wrong with it .

Thanks anyway, i'll certainly contact samsung support.

Crippler96
06-08-2011, 09:53 AM
Haha, so im not alone here, and i have even tried them on other things and its still bad, the only time it sounds good is when it's in the samsung galaxy S

Gaytan
06-09-2011, 03:40 PM
Just tested my Ace with my Sennheiser earbuds; perfect sound! Volume (Mediavolume) at max but volume reasonable!!

Crippler96
06-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Perhaps this will be fixed in the Galaxy Ace 2.3 update?

Crippler96
06-09-2011, 03:55 PM
Just tested my Ace with my Sennheiser earbuds; perfect sound! Volume (Mediavolume) at max but volume reasonable!!

I tried some other rubber earbud thingy's its the same, i know its the phone because it works perfectly on Galaxy S, we must have different issues :(

Marcel
07-19-2011, 03:29 AM
Hi everyone,
Just signed up to reply to this topic.
As Crippler96 sugested, it seems people here are talking about seperate issues all together.
Although I have no idea what causes it yet, I just installed music on my phone so I can finally have some music to listen to.
My phone is an Samsung Galacy Ace as well.
I bought a new headphone headset for which I can attach my own headset to it (I don't tend to like inear headphones).
I first tried the 'genuine samsung' innerear headphones and they sounded terrible.
Then plugged in my own Senheiser headset and... it was even worse since this headset is fairly pure when it comes to playing what it receives.
It's simply so bad you can't really blame it on the headset anymore so (and this I can sugest to others as well), before blaming it on the hardware or anything, try playing 'general' sounds from the headset it self.
Meaning, I tried the build-in radio and it was perfect, even on the geniune samsung headphone.
I tried Toki Tori using the headset, perfect!
It really isn't the audio jack or the hardware, it's the music player!
At first I thought it might be the new MSDH card I just attached but after deleting all my music, moving my apps over to the phoe and formatting the card through the phone menu, the quality is still the same, even when buying, downloading a song through the phone.
My next step is trying to find a free music player from the app store and to try that and hopefully it's better.
I will contact Samsung Support as well though.

Regards
:)

SLAG IT!
07-19-2011, 12:04 PM
I would check into music box or gtunes if I were you and see if they work. Both are free.

furbearingmammal
07-20-2011, 09:47 PM
Tunewiki or Winamp FTW for free music players.

angelinaS31
09-26-2011, 06:31 AM
I think there might be problem in your headset, mostly headset gets, damage soon we should not listen music in louder voice and the head set wire should not be fold so that we can use our headset for long time.

teknokratum
11-12-2011, 06:10 PM
Hi and sorry about my late thread, but. . .

I've been the owner of the GALAXY ACE for more than six months now and am fairly satisfied with my ACE, it has its flaws but i like the design and size of this smartphone - and I love the Samsung products :)

I know the sound problem all to well even had my ACE sent to the SAMSUNG Service center (Denmark).

I have tried many Samsung headsets and a few OEM products too.

Ive read hundreds maybe thousands of threads with this audio ACE issue, and the problem is first of all that its a bit confusing to find out exactly what the problem is, but here's the problem:

! When plugging AN ORIGINAL (no OEM) Samsung Headset WITH microphone (wired handsfree) into the 3.5mm audio jack ALL sound gets distorted and conversations using the hands free is almost impossible, the sound is surpressed and distorted, however when pressing the wired microphone button you can boost the sound to a "normal" still bad sounding level, but thats not the idea. . .

! Connecting a standard audio cabled no-handsfree (no microphone) headset of ANY BRAND works fine, good sound !

The problem lies NOT in the Audio App !

The problem lies NOT in the kernel !

Updating the ACE to firmware v. 2.3.3 (Gingerbread) DOES NOT solve the problem !

The ACE kernel audio manager settings change DOES NOT solve the problem !

The problem is the combination of the handsfree headset audio jack and the GALAXY ACE audio jack !

SOLUTION !

I recently bought the new and fantastic GALAXY TAB 10.1 WIFI 3G.

I plugged in the included original handsfree (w/microphone) headset and BANG ! it worked perfectly on my ACE too !

The Samsung product id is EHS44ASSBE !
!
Enjoy !

mao2727
11-25-2011, 09:16 AM
How did you solve this problem?

momlef
02-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Oookay, sorry I'll have to bump an old topic but - I have Samsung Galaxy ACE. The phone came without earphones (dunno why), so I've bought - Philips SHE 2660.
So - when i play music from my phones - it sounds OK. (Just OK). I'm aware that the music quality is not the best but still - it sounds with sooo much mids and the low fq (bass) doesn't have any kick... (The earphones are with "super bass" :D).

I've connected my earbuds to my laptop - they sound kinda ****ty (sorry). Again the same - too bright mids and almost no real bass.

I'm kinda disappointed that i've paid for earbuds that sound ... meeeh. Whatever!

So what do you think? Should i invest into more expensive earbuds (20-30..50 euros) or no?

Considering that i have a back-up phone that i can use a music player and it has a great sound quality (Nokia N73 Music-Edition).

squirrel_pigeon
02-04-2012, 12:37 PM
I had a really hard time finding earphones that sounded good for my Ace. I was then told by a friend who knows about stuff like this that it's cos Samsung for some unknown reason decided to swap the 'poles' around inside the jack port so a lot of headphones don't connect properly, hence the crappy sound. I ended up buying a pair of JVC earbuds for a tenner that work great. As long as the jack plug has 2 stripes on it and not 3 you shouldn't have a problem.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Android.net

ianmalletx
03-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 - Not the Best in the Milky Way (http://tech2.in.com/reviews/smartphones/samsung-galaxy-ace-s5830-not-the-best-in-the-milky-way/216052)

It says that the Creative EP 630 earphones bring out the wild side of it

Try it out !!!

russell2404
04-04-2012, 08:52 AM
camt you just use bluetooth, it is much more efficient and is the new way to do things. besides. each time u plug in and put an audio jack it wrecks it a tiny bit. so byusing bluetooth this improves quality sound and the overall life of the phone.

russell2404
04-04-2012, 08:55 AM
i dont use the ear pieces much, but heres a link for a bluetooth device u can use.
Buy BELKIN Bluetooth Music Receiver | Read Reviews | Dick Smith Online Shopping (http://dicksmith.com.au/product/A2180/belkin-bluetooth-music-receiver)

woodslink
09-28-2012, 02:57 PM
Try an app called SoundAbout.