PDA

View Full Version : G2x

Kcg2x
06-07-2011, 01:22 PM
Any word on 2.3.3

Sent from my LG-P999 using Android.net

SLAG IT!
06-07-2011, 01:33 PM
The release of gingerbread hasn't had an official date yet. It was stated it would be available this summer. Summer starts June 21st so, be a little patient it'll happen soon. :)

Kcg2x
06-07-2011, 02:26 PM
I sure hope so, cant wait should have been re with the phone

Harley man
06-08-2011, 07:48 PM
I was looking at tmobile forums today do not know if it's true but they said it's this week for gingerbread but until we see it from t mobile do not know if it's true

Kcg2x
06-08-2011, 11:59 PM
I really hope so

labnewf
06-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Hi everyone i have a quick question regarding the gingerbread update . Im in toronto with my t-mobile g2x on the wind network will i still be able to get the os update ?

furbearingmammal
06-19-2011, 09:31 PM
As long as your carrier is pushing it out, yes. Otherwise you'll have to install it manually, and there may be problems if you had to mod your phone at all to get it on that carrier's network.

Your best bet would be to contact your carrier and ask. If you mean you'll be roaming, yes, you could get it, but I wouldn't recommend it if you'll only be on cellular data as the roaming charges might be excessive.

Lindel
07-23-2011, 08:53 AM
There is (or was) a GB release from LG a couple of days ago. If you have a stock froyo rom (it can be rooted) and LGs updater tool you might be able to still upgrade. Failing that, there are already roms based off of it.

SLAG IT!
07-23-2011, 01:36 PM
The g2x is getting it's official update soon. They have a pilot version that is being tested now. It has bugs and I would not suggest installing yet.

Lindel
07-23-2011, 10:23 PM
It's kind of early to tell, but so far not having the reboot issues that I had with froyo. Phone hasn't been getting as hot when gaming and performance isn't any worse, and I think it's a little better. Battery life also seems to be improved some, but time will tell on all counts.

I do know they updated the baseband, but I couldn't tell you what changes were made (they updated the date if nothing else). So far, I'm happy with it. Everything that I normally use seems to working (the loss of the LG camera is a big complaint for a lot of people, not a big deal for me).

When they release the OTA update, it'll be interesting to compare it to the leaked version.