PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the HTC EVO 3D?

danDroid
06-09-2011, 01:32 PM
If you are having hardware or software related problems with the HTC EVO 3D and feeling stuck, then this is the area for you! Post all your issues, bugs, etc in here and let the Android.net Community help you out!

shah822
06-24-2011, 11:08 AM
I just got the HTC Evo 3D about an hour or so ago and confused about some software update issues. When I go in to movies, The phone said that I have updates that need to be done. So when I do that and say to download through WIFI it just sits there and says 1/4 and 0% and does not move. Please help if you are having similar issues or understand the problem. Thanks!

SLAG IT!
06-24-2011, 11:59 AM
Is it still stuck on download? How long has it been stuck?

adambaren
06-24-2011, 03:09 PM
Yeah, I got mine this morning. Is anyone else having random volume changes when talking to someone using the phone. Literally, mid sentence, soft - loud. Also missing words, like the beginning or end of what they are saying?

SLAG IT!
06-24-2011, 04:52 PM
Who provisioned the phone? I would call customer care and have them run it through some tests. Make sure you're not using your evo 3d to call them, it's hard to fix when you're on the phone needing to be fixed.

lavaa
06-26-2011, 02:37 AM
I'm having a horrible time getting 3g or more than 2 bars and when I do the web is so slow my wife has the EVO 4G and hers has great reception and web is fast is this issue a software bug to be fixed or and I stuck with a smart phone that's slow with bad reception? Thanks for any help into this.

SLAG IT!
06-27-2011, 12:38 AM
Patience my young padawon. I would go to htc website and see if they have other people posting similiar issues. Remember, phone is brand new and they can't fix problems if you don't inform them. Htc made it so contact them. :D

charris17
07-01-2011, 09:15 PM
I have been having the same issues. I love the other features of the phone. But if this can't be fixed, I'll have to return it.

SLAG IT!
07-01-2011, 11:45 PM
Contact HTC, tell them your concerns and what is wrong. There is not one single thing that is made that has been problem free since man has started making objects. If it has a problem and is new the first step in rectifying the problem is inform the manufacturer of what is happening and see what they do. Remember, HTC can't fix it if they don't know it needs to be fixed.

Lordes007
07-08-2011, 11:55 AM
Contact HTC, tell them your concerns and what is wrong. There is not one single thing that is made that has been problem free since man has started making objects. If it has a problem and is new the first step in rectifying the problem is inform the manufacturer of what is happening and see what they do. Remember, HTC can't fix it if they don't know it needs to be fixed.

That's all fine but we are not engineers or field testers. We are users looking for immediate issues/solutions that may have already been discovered. Yes, my HTC EVO 3D gets significantly lower signal strength(sometimes none) where my old HTC EVO 4G at least got 2 bars of service. HTC pawned off my problems to my provider. :android-displeased: I have Sprint, recently moved, and have about 6 square miles of almost no service. They are sending me an Airwave(VOIP extension) but I may have to buy out my contract and go to Verizon or AT&T.... ugggh :android-sad::android-cry: All this delay and calls lost = money lost.

furbearingmammal
07-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Have you tried updating your PRL?

allreeds
07-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Sometimes I find after using the 3D for awhile and changing screens, some of the icons revert to a generic icon. The software still works, but the
associated icon is gone. The only way to change them back seems to be to access SKINS or WALLPAPER and then change it, and if I want the original skin or wallpaper I was using, just change it back. The icons don't seem to want to stick...now, it's not ALL of them just a bunch.

Hoping a software fix will take care of the problem...it's not serious, just annoying.

Otherwise, I am pleased with the phone and its features...coming from a 4G, I like this one better!:android-dance:

Blitz99
07-09-2011, 08:40 PM
I'm personally bummed out. I bought my 3D today and of course promptly sold my EVO 4G... well, i have half the reception bars i did with the 4G and in places i had decent reception i now get 1 bar or no reception at all.

i SOLD my EVO!?!?! ugh!!!

canabell
07-16-2011, 01:52 AM
I've had so many problems with this phone and i have only had this phone for a week and. Half. First off the very first time I start using the HTC EVO 3Ď it had froze and the screen blacked out. The internet is super slow on the 3ğ and the service on the phone is bad like it is always trying to find a signal when I'm good service areas. Then there are the text messages...when I'm tesxting someone and that person texts me back the message appears before what I texted. So i don't notice that the person tested me back right after I tested them back. Sometimes when i'm replying to a thread, the phone stops me from writing more. Another problem is the time, it says I'm in the correct area but gives me a totally different time zone. I also have problems with the movies saying that I haven't updated anything when i just did. The camera flash turns the photo green or a different color. The phone is sometimes slow, majority of the time. The camera always freezes up on me. Another problem is that when alimony on text, it doesn't show where I want to type my text instead it shows a different or its at the bottom of where its suppose to be. This HTC EVO 3ď is dissappointing me and its only been a week and a half. The other features are nice but the problems need to be fix. I have a lot more problems with this phone that's going on but i can't think of them all right now.

furbearingmammal
07-16-2011, 02:02 AM
Take it back and try another phone. :)

SLAG IT!
07-16-2011, 02:07 AM
Exchange it

Jacob143
07-17-2011, 02:19 AM
So cant send nor recieve any texts, no 4G or 3g service i used to have excellent wifi from sprint but not anymore, a no wifi at all, as a result i use my own wifi from my modem, and when i try to chech my voicemail it says my account cannot be verified, PLEASE help :((

furbearingmammal
07-17-2011, 03:30 AM
How long have you had the phone? Have you rebooted it lately? If you're trying to verify an account in the middle of the night there's often a problem because they take the servers down for service.

Have you called Sprint and spoken to them about the problems? It sounds like there might be a problem with the account or the phone.

Jacob143
07-17-2011, 12:31 PM
Ive had it for a month now, and ive had been having the same problems for about 3 days now, and i dodnt try to verify it, i just called myself to check my voicemail . I have not told sprint but i am planning to call them later or go to the sprint store .

Jacob143
07-17-2011, 12:32 PM
How do you reboot it ? Will it erase all my contacts, apps, etc ?

furbearingmammal
07-17-2011, 02:35 PM
You power it off and power it back on. You need to do this every couple of days or the phone WILL start glitching. :)

The price you pay for this activity it heavy, though. It'll cost you about two minutes.

texan818
07-18-2011, 10:46 AM
Has anyone else had problems with the wifi? I have two Evo 3ds in my house, and both can see the network but will not connect. I have even tried disabling wpa and still no luck connecting. I can sometimes restart the phone and connect, but not always. I am using a wrt54gs. I have the most up to date firmware.

SLAG IT!
07-18-2011, 01:36 PM
Go to HTC.com and see if there is a downloadable driver for the evo 3d to work on your wifi. If not go to Cisco and see if they have one. I would then suggest going to Sprint.com/learn and put in your device and see if there is a solution there. Let us know if any of these places help.

peaceloveandtattoos
07-20-2011, 06:11 PM
I got the evo 3d on launch weekend. The first week it overheated during charging, and i had to exchange it for a new one. Other than that, this phone is awesome....big upgrade from the evo 4G.... Just feels more polished. :)
Thanks HTC! Keep up the good work! :android-pirate:

crazyasamexican
07-24-2011, 09:26 PM
hey guys and girls out there, im currently on my 2nd Evo 3D in 2 weeks and almost 2 days. My first EVO went out last Saturday, i took the back door off to see the battery and the phone was on and it just started to vibrate, and it stayed vibrating for about half an hour, so i took it to sprint, and they said ok, we'll give you a new phone, and sure enough i got a new phone. Now today, I get up in the morning send a few texts and go out. I get to where im going and i feel my phone vibrate, quick and short, like when it reboots right at the HTC screen. So i think its a text and i take it out, and see the bright white screen. I'm like ok, because this has happened before, about every 2 days, and saturday it happened twice in one night. So I'm holding the phone and it starts to boot, gets to the Htc quietly brillant screen, and then turns off, screen goes black, and i guess it restarted. The bright white screen comes up again, and does the exact same thing again. This goes on for about 5 minutes, not once fully booting up. I take the battery out, wait a while and it boots up. BUT!!!!!! I unlock it and immediately a whole bunch of crashed app popups come up, gmail, google.maps, htcsence, weather. com.htc.bg. And this keeps happening as the apps and services try to restart themselves so this causes a never ending chain of popups. The phone doesnt lag at all thanks to the dual cores but i cant do anything on it. i can recieve a call if i beat the popups to answer. I can write a text sometimes but it wont send it. I click the home button and the message is saved as a draft or so it says. But the drafts folder is empty, aka there is no drafts folder in the messages when u press the menu button. I can get into the menu sometimes too, when i do this and continualy press the back button it goes from the task maneger to the main menu for all your settings, it does this for as long as i please, when i press the home button, the bright htc screen comes up, but the notification bar at the top of the screen is still up there, and u can pull it down still as well, but there is nothing else but that screen, no apps, clock, weather thing, nothing else, i tried basically everything but doing a factory reset because idk how to backup everything on my sd. I'm a noob at android, this is my first smart phone, being that im only 15 but thats beside the point. I'm going to sprint because I've only had 8 days with this particular EVO, so i'll post back tomorrow to see what they tell me, in the mean time, i ran into your forum here to try and see if i could figure out these issues myself. If anyone has any ideas of what could be wrong, i would greatly appreciate it,

thanks in advace - crazy

kesavavarma
07-26-2011, 06:02 PM
My HTC EVO 3D is giving me issues. When i power off phone and try to start or try to restart.. phone is not getting on. Work around for this issue is : remove the battery and put it back and the phone will be started normally. Got to know that lot of HTC EVO 3D phones has this problem and many phones are lying at service center with same problem. Is this issue specific to only HTC EVO 3D or all the HTC phones ?

furbearingmammal
07-27-2011, 01:56 AM
I'd contact your carrier and ask them about a warranty replacement, unless you've rooted the device.

SLAG IT!
07-28-2011, 07:56 AM
Sounds like it's just some htc evo 3d. I would pull the battery with the phone powered on and then restart it if possible. If that does not work exchange it with a different evo 3d.

jfshin
07-31-2011, 07:15 AM
I have the exact same problem. Awful signal:android-displeased: Every time I speak to cust. support at sprint they say I am the first to complain about this. I know I am NOT the first to complain about it. My signal on this phone is horrible and sporadic. The GPS is crap too. On the highway it lost the satellite 8 times on a ride to Boston from 30 miles south. Even IN Boston. My LG Metro PCS android phone has NEVER lost the GPS signal even once.

I finally spoke to a tech guy who works inside sprints labs who says 10% of Evo 3D customers have the same issues. This is a very fast unit and an awesome mini Linux pc with all the features. The 3D is really cool too. BUT without the phone part of it being reliable, I just cannot see keeping it. I went from MetroPCS to Sprint to get better coverage and instead I have worse coverage. Granted it seems like in my area they are doing something with the towers, but not according to sprint. though they are not installing 4G, and for the record I could care less if they install 4G or not. What good is "4G" if there is no signal strong enough to use it anyways? With my Metro phone I can watch 3g video in high def no problem with a decent signal. 4G shmore-g xD. They are selling phones with 4g using the 4g as a sales pitch, and yet 4g doesnt evn exist yet! This is a first!

jfshin
07-31-2011, 07:16 AM
i tried that and it makes no diference. I also exchanged my evo 3d for another one and it has the same exact problem.

jfshin
07-31-2011, 07:30 AM
HTC EVO 3D overheating problems spark consumer fears (http://www.product-reviews.net/2011/07/06/htc-evo-3d-overheating-problems-spark-consumer-fears/)

Oh great... now this too. Come to think of it mine gets really hot too. I wonder why sprint is the only one selling this phone? Maybe the other companies know its full of problems?

SLAG IT!
07-31-2011, 10:08 AM
Ok first I would like to welcome you to the forum. Second, when travelling down the road or staying stationary the phone works by using a cell tower. Next I would like to say that not one cell phone carrier makes the phone.

The auto makers have recalls all the time and they been making them longer than a cell phone has been around. So, why not expect a few speed bumps pertaining to a cell phone?

Is your phone rooted? When you watch videos or play games; is that when your phone gets warm? Have you tried contacting the manufacturer (HTC)?

furbearingmammal
07-31-2011, 02:15 PM
Call back and if you get a recalcitrant customer service rep then politely ask to speak to their supervisor. Once you do, calmly and politely explain your concerns to them and say you want a replacement phone -- if you're still under warranty.

Do not lose your temper or cool and remain on the phone til you get satisfaction. :)

masarrasin
08-03-2011, 12:33 AM
today , i was typing a text messege and all the sudden my evo 3d started vibrating, and it went black, the little four circle things light up when ever i pres the button in the top right corner, but the screen its self wont turn on at all, what should i do?

furbearingmammal
08-03-2011, 03:41 AM
Try pulling the battery, waiting 30 seconds, then reinserting it before attempting to power it on. If you still can't get the screen to come on then immediately contact customer support from the carrier and see about getting it replaced.

anfro
08-05-2011, 10:34 AM
Hey guys! I'm in the process of picking a phone to lock in my 3 year contract with. I only have 5 to choose from, htc evo is looking like my favourite but i really want some feedback.

I understand this is a forum for evo problems, but I'm interested in hearing not only the bad, but if these were problems that occurred just due to the phone just launching, if there are still issues or if this phone is absolutely fine with a few glitches that you'll receive on any phone.

Thanks in advance!

BuNNyMaNx
08-15-2011, 09:01 PM
Just got my EVO 3D 3 days ago. Day 2 it started to reboot by itself and the battery is fully charged so I know its not the battery (I didn't even use it, I just checked it and it was off. I tried to turn it on but nothing happened so I took off the battery and put it back again). Day 3 it kept on rebooting again, I took of the case of my phone cause I thought it was the case but it still keep on rebooting and sometimes it freezes when I'm saving a phone number and taking a 2d pictures. passcode sometimes doesnt work. I love the 3D features but its only been 3 days and I got alot of problems. I'm going to exchange this tomorrow hopefully i don't get the same problems.

By the way Day 2 I only used it 5-10 times just taking 3D pictures. Day 3 it was in my pocket all day and it kept on rebooting by itself. I haven't tried texting and calling yet.

furbearingmammal
08-16-2011, 02:31 AM
Try a factory reset. If the problems persist take it back to the store and ask politely for a replacement.

mega.father
08-21-2011, 09:53 PM
Hi there.

I just got this phone from Rogers (Canada) and for the first few days the 3d function on the pictures work fine in gallery and then all of a sudden it stopped working. I could still take pictures and videos in 3d with the videos being perfectly fine but my 3d pictures are only 3d for the 3 seconds of review time after I have taken a picture.

I am fairly sure that my eyes do not deceive me as I understand how to look at pictures in 3d and it worked before; now the pictures are simply 2 pictures overlaid beside each other.

Anyone having these issues? This thread seems to be all about overheating which I also have experienced, at first thinking that it was my own warm pocket or the summer heat.

stjs
09-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Hi there.

I just got this phone from Rogers (Canada) and for the first few days the 3d function on the pictures work fine in gallery and then all of a sudden it stopped working. I could still take pictures and videos in 3d with the videos being perfectly fine but my 3d pictures are only 3d for the 3 seconds of review time after I have taken a picture.

I am fairly sure that my eyes do not deceive me as I understand how to look at pictures in 3d and it worked before; now the pictures are simply 2 pictures overlaid beside each other.

Anyone having these issues? This thread seems to be all about overheating which I also have experienced, at first thinking that it was my own warm pocket or the summer heat.Just had the same problem today...had to pull battery and wait 5min...then it finally worked again.
I also have a Robbers evo

unhappywithevo3d
09-09-2011, 01:19 PM
new customer to sprint...started with evo 3d...it came out of the box with issues and after a week of complaining they swapped with another (re-manufactured?) within 2 days the same issues appeared and received a 3rd 3d...again the same issues...when using swype the screen will jump back a screen meaning the keyboard will disappear...most of the time it simply jumps back to the lack of a keyboard but other times it will jump to the beginning of text history with the person im texting....other times ill get error message after error message after error message which eventually locks up the phone requiring me to remove the battery to reboot it....when i use the phone to actually talk on it i can barely hear the other person and the phone heats up rather quickly....using the camera the phone will lock up 50% of the time again requiring battery removal....ending calls requires tapping the end button approx 5 times....phone will simply lock up when just looking at it...without pushing any keys or functions....ive only downloaded 5 apps on the 3rd one i have and they are apps ive used on 3 previous smartphones.....this phone retails for $550 and i would expect for that price a phone that works perfectly out of the box not one that will need factory resets 3 times a week or to go into the shop for repairs constantly.....in the auto trade this issue is called a lemon and there are laws in place to protect the consumer from this practice....1 phone with issues i can accept 2 phones with the same issue and im unhappy...3 phones with the same issues and im over it....ill never purchase another htc.....to date ive wasted over 27 hrs contacting sprint trying to deal with this issue and ive been given nothing but a run around and replacement phones with the exact same issues.....

waeluv
09-14-2011, 02:04 AM
I can stand this 3D for I had nothing but issues from day one!!! I've called into to Sprint some many times til its almost become my routine, once a week. I have taken it to corporate store location, where I have waited for 2 hours while they check my phone. Only for them to tell they cant find anything once again and if my phone locks up, then bring it into the store... and i said what if the store is then what?~! This stupid locks up on every screen, i have to reset restart my phone at least twice a week!!!! SO FRUSTRATED WITH THIS CRAP!!!!! :android-devil:

waeluv
09-14-2011, 02:07 AM
Neither will I... I feel your FRUSTRATION!!! THE EXACT SAMETHING HAS HAPPEN TO ME LITERALLY... RIDICULOUS AND OF COURSE NOW THAT IM PASS MY 30 DAYS.. IM FREAKIN STUCK!!!

waeluv
09-14-2011, 02:09 AM
super hott!!!

waeluv
09-14-2011, 02:11 AM
yEAH they ToLD tHAt CraMP tOo!!! :android-devil:

waeluv
09-14-2011, 02:13 AM
yeah I WISH I HAD CAME MY ORIGINAL EVO... ONLY I REALLY HAD WAS YOU TUBE..

waeluv
09-14-2011, 02:16 AM
i FEEL YOUr PAiN... i DID THE SAMETHING unfoRTUNATELY!! suCKS!!!:android-cry:

jrb2602
09-25-2011, 10:49 AM
I am having the same issues and it is ticking me off. My phone constantly restarts at random all the time...maybe 4 times a day. It has become routine for me to either call Sprint or go into the Sprint store for them to tell me that they did a hard reset and everything should be fine but they didn't see any issues with the phone. Obviously they have no clue of what they are doing because their only solution is to hard reset which does not fix the problem. So now I have to take more time out of my day to call or go back up there for them to figure this sht out. :android-devil:

I am so frustrated with this. With all the money we are giving them to pay for these phones and the service they should be able to pay qualified people to fix these constant issues or better yet build quality phones that work from jump. Or economy is bad enough, I don't have the money to be just giving away for crap.:android-displeased:

ar22588
10-18-2011, 12:53 PM
Hi

I recently bought a Evo 3D a week back. Today when I tried to restart the phone, it shut down, but did not switch on again. I tried multiple times to power it on by holding down the "power" button, removing and replacing the battery, sim and SD cards, but these have not worked. Even when I connect it to the charger/PC the LED doesnt glow green indicating that its being charged. Also trying to get it back to the factory setting hasn't helped too.

What do I do?

Notsohappycamper
11-02-2011, 10:44 AM
I've got an evo 3d that also has shut down and restarted on it own at least four to five times a week but I figured that the phone needed to restart because of the duel core. The evo 3d is now about three months old and the biggest problem was the shut down and restart. Then on 10-30-11 Sunday I woke took the phone off the charger went to work. I run my own jobs and have workers so my phone is my life line and a major reason sprint gets paid. Well I went to use the phone and the screen had a mind of it's own, I touch phone area and something else would open the phone is just going crazy. Took time off of work on Monday to go to sprint waited over an hour for them to tell me it would take up to two more hours for them to test the phone. I took the battery out and marked it so they don't try to say it took water damage also marked the phone. Came back to the store two hours later they told me it was an unknown error and they ordered me a new one but I would not get it till Friday. Explained this is my work phone they said they could not do anything more because the new phone has to come from htc. This sucks did not have any problems with my htc 4g or my epic or my hero. Now no one can get a hold of me the phone doesnt respond to anything.

ar22588
11-02-2011, 12:19 PM
I gave it to the service center here in Bangalore, India. They inspected it and said that it was a defect with the motherboard and they would replace it, but it would take 10 days. Its nearing 2 weeks now and they claim that they still haven't got the new motherboard! My claim was that for a phone with a defective motherboard, which is a critical defect, the phone should be replaced. But they refused this saying that it was more than 14 days since the purchase date and hence they would not be able to replace the phone!

What do you think of this? Now you know how much the customer care/service centers and policies can vary with the same company, but in different countries! Am totally disgusted with HTC now and definitely don't plan on buying any HTC product in the future, and have also made sure that none of my friends/relatives/colleagues make the terrible mistake of buying a HTC product!!

abacusv
11-14-2011, 02:23 AM
I gave it to the service center here in Bangalore, India. They inspected it and said that it was a defect with the motherboard and they would replace it, but it would take 10 days. Its nearing 2 weeks now and they claim that they still haven't got the new motherboard! My claim was that for a phone with a defective motherboard, which is a critical defect, the phone should be replaced. But they refused this saying that it was more than 14 days since the purchase date and hence they would not be able to replace the phone!

What do you think of this? Now you know how much the customer care/service centers and policies can vary with the same company, but in different countries! Am totally disgusted with HTC now and definitely don't plan on buying any HTC product in the future, and have also made sure that none of my friends/relatives/colleagues make the terrible mistake of buying a HTC product!!

Thats disgusting. I have a different problem with the device. It hangs on particular apps and only way to get it back is to remove battery and put it back. I complained through the customer care and now they responded back saying " Take it to the nearest service center". I'm from bangalore too.

HFTBJ
11-18-2011, 11:23 PM
Hey, I've got recenly problem with viewing my 3D pictures. I just can't watch them. :(

I can watch movies and play games with 3D-effect but can't watch pictures from the gallery :/ I can take photos and record in 3D though..
When I watch 3D picutres, the image is blurry and looks like a 3D image on 3D TV watching without 3D glasses :P
This only happens when I try to look at the pictures from the gallery.

Please help!

peaceloveandtattoos
11-30-2011, 08:19 PM
Well i posted a while back that i wasnt having any issues, but i now am. My 2nd evo 3d has decided that a fully charged battery shouldnt last more than 1/2 a day at most. :-/ I also get random crashes, sense re-boots with some apps, my gps widget crashes sense, its gotten super glitchy, etc. Im sure theres more that i'm not thinking of at the moment.
I will be taking it to a sprint store for a replacement as soon as i get all my info backed up. I hate replacing all my apps and info :(

furbearingmammal
12-01-2011, 03:46 PM
I hate to ask, but have you considered doing a factory reset to see if the problem persists?

notyelfox
12-12-2011, 06:08 AM
I just want to know If there it's a good way to charge it so that you get the most out of the battery? I charged it till the light goes green then turn it off. When off, I plug in the charger in and the led goes red and then I charge it again until the light goes green. I would repeat this until the light cannot go red again. Is there anything else I can do or is that the best approach.

Sent from my PG86100 using Android.net

furbearingmammal
12-13-2011, 01:52 AM
Do a power cycle. That means allowing the phone to power off from the battery draining then charging it fully from the wall charger without touching it if possible.

The battery has no "memory" effect like we used to see on NiCd and NiMH battery packs, but the phone can be "fooled" by short discharge cycles.

Don't do a cycle often as this can be deleterious to the battery's life and overall performance if overdone.

notyelfox
12-13-2011, 07:57 PM
Thank you. Roughly how many hours should you get with average use? right now I've gone beyond 12 hrs and I still have about 25% remaining. I think that's alright.

notyelfox
12-27-2011, 03:01 PM
How long can you get out if the battery after doing that with average usage. The power cycle. Right now I'm only getting 8 hrs.

notyelfox
12-29-2011, 09:35 AM
When my screen is on, my battery drops
A percent at least every 3 minutes, is that even normal? could it be my battery that's defected?

shefs
01-26-2012, 12:05 PM
My evo 3d just keeps restarting on it own. I tried draining the battery, restarting it myself but it keeps doing that. It turns on, stays for 5 seconds and restarts again and keeps doing that until the battery dies. It was working perfectly fine and never had any sort of that kind of problem before. HELP!

SLAG IT!
01-26-2012, 09:40 PM
Notyelfox... That is not normal. Are you using wifi? Or running 4g?

Shefs... As far as the Evo 3d is concerned. Pull the battery for a minute. Power on and let me know what happens.

DonnyC
02-01-2012, 06:11 PM
I am having the same problems with my EVO 3D. I got back from lunch today and the phone keeps restarting over and over and never gets to the main home screen. I took out the battery several times and it keeps doing the same thing. Not sure what to do right now except bring it into the Sprint store.

Jenna0624
02-03-2012, 08:04 AM
Htc sent through an update on my HTC Evo 3d in november and ever since then I have been having problems with my phone restarting, freezing,having to reset the battery, I have had hard resets done on all of them and when I take my phone to the sprint store they claim that they can not replicate the issue therefore if they do an exchange on it and they still cannot replicate it I have to pay $100 I think this is ridiculous. Has anyone had any luck figuring out the problem with this phone?

SLAG IT!
02-05-2012, 10:46 PM
What firmware is on it?

Bloodfetus
03-10-2012, 05:31 AM
i've had my evo 3d since this past december so roughly 2-3 months now... of course i've had quite a few of the tedious phone freezes and restarts but i could deal with those but now i'm having this issue where it seems just about anything google, htc, and internet related seems to fail and spam me with force close/ tell htc. a few of the programs that have been giving me these error messages have been weather, htc sense, internet, google maps, htc likes, among many others ... i've tried restarting and it's done it every time rendering my phone unbearable sometimes the errors stop sometimes they keep going with the same one over and over ... so far my best case scenereo's have been being unable to access the net or market, wallpaper going blank ... worst case has been white htc screen error spams and freezing up ... i really don't know what to do cause i haven't been able to find any fixes and it's been several hours and has me really worked up :-/

IceBoX
03-11-2012, 06:37 AM
I bought my HTC EVO 3D about a week ago. Since then I had a few random reboots. Reboot happens every 3-4 days. As I read I am not alone. So, what should I do?

edgramol
03-16-2012, 08:43 PM
Is anyone else having problems with the phone turning on and off or turning its self off completely and wont turn back on?I have the phone less than 2 months and this just keeps happening.

Tigers031
03-17-2012, 10:47 AM
My phone turns off at random times and now its stuck to a certain point while turning on and wont fully turn on. what would the problem be?

Zadik
04-15-2012, 05:47 PM
Im having a problem with my keyboard. I downloaded the GO Keyboard and a few skins but when I select the keyboard and skin, it stays on the Swype Keyboard. Please help!

splato0082
06-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Good day,

I am new here. I have for last 6 month Evo 3d but last one month I have problem with camera , both cameras when I am going to make a photo have green lines on the screen . But when I am using Skype this lines I dont have ... Can somebody help me because I think this is softwear problem not hardwear ....

UltraDroid
06-02-2012, 05:50 PM
Hello Splato - welcome to Android.net! :)

I'm sorry you're having problems with your Evo 3D, but if you hang on for awhile, one of our Rescue Squad guys will swing by and give you a hand.

N0madS0uL
07-18-2012, 06:05 PM
Hi, I am really hoping someone can help me or point me in the right direction about my phone, I have n HTC EVO 3D and have been using the phone with few issues really, I had the odd freeze where I had to restart the phone again but my troubles started when I updated to android 4.0.3. I got the download option on the phone and just downloaded it and installed it and ever since I have had issues with several things, primarily with movies or videos. Some videos on sites just dont load at all, the screen remains blank...this was never the issue and I have no clue why its happening, also now when trying to watch a show via wireless off my PC I can't even do that properly, the movies lag or when I try and forward the movie it freeze the phone, or least the player or something, like no data is coming through or if it is its very slow...i just dont know.

I never had any of these issues until the update...I am at a loss and really want to either go back to my older OS or get a fix for this, nothing has changed on the phone apart from the OS update and the odd application updates, my network is fine and nothing has changed there and everything is working fine.

So why do my movies lag and freeze when playing them, the phone feels like a PC that hasnt got drivers loaded...please any help would be appreciated :S

SLAG IT!
07-20-2012, 12:11 AM
I would say try downloading one of the video players and see what happens.

N0madS0uL
07-20-2012, 08:34 AM
I would say try downloading one of the video players and see what happens.

I am using Rock player light and Mobo player, point is I used this before the OS update and it worked fine so its got to do with the OS obviously. It's as if the files can't buffer properly but that doesnt explain issue on sites much only watching off the WLAN.

I need a decent, solid solution apart from getting rid of the phone. Can any give me advice or refer me to someone or something...PLEASE :?

SLAG IT!
07-20-2012, 10:58 PM
Not really it could come from multiple reasons. Usually its do to the type of video files. Sometimes they change what format they prefer to utilize because of security reasons. Try sending a message to HTC and ask them. They are the ones that made the phone and sent the update.

N0madS0uL
07-21-2012, 03:53 AM
I did go on HTC's site and mail them a week ago but didnt even get a reply...thats why i took the next best thing. The android forums. Plus the flies I watch are in several format, but all do the same, 95% are .avi file in some divx or xvid format. These things are not special files but very basic ones, why should they change any of that now, its the most used format i know of...anyway, I will mail them again and hope for the best but this is truly ridiculous and very dissapointing :(

N0madS0uL
07-21-2012, 06:15 PM
Only issue i can think of in terms of memory is that its too little for the OS, but shouldnt be the case no...? I doubt the memory is damaged because it would be one hellofa coincidence that the memory goes just when i loaded a new OS, as I said I have used these players and they are free and rate very well and they use to work on the OS before this one, plus the streaming off sites is also an issue which has nothing to do with each player...I mailed HTC again and I am waiting on them for feedback also.

N0madS0uL
07-24-2012, 04:22 AM
Not really it could come from multiple reasons. Usually its do to the type of video files. Sometimes they change what format they prefer to utilize because of security reasons. Try sending a message to HTC and ask them. They are the ones that made the phone and sent the update.

Ok so I have got hold of HTC finally and they didnt help much but tell me to reset my phone to factory defaults, which I am gonna try but after a few attempts I get an unknown error (1000) or something when trying to sync the phone...i don't get it, I will have to google some to fix that.

Another thing I tried, with a file that use to work was copy it to the phone, it plays and seeking is fine...works normal. So my next question is, what setting (if any) or application or anything you could think of that I can change or set would affect my wireless speed. All that i can think is that there is some issue buffering via the WLAN (which wasnt such an issue, if any issue) what would change (in the OS) I can stream the same clips and vidz via WLAN on my laptop so I can't think there is an issue with the router. Could something be throttling my bandwidth? How would I know? The phone is 95% stock standard with application so I can't see what could cause that. Could if be some file handling issue...one where the phone buffers the files slowly but can't resume playback or something like that?

And then the problem with some online streaming having black screens with just sound...is this a browser setting, can I fix this somehow? How.
Any more help would be appreciated.

Thank you

SLAG IT!
07-24-2012, 11:38 PM
Streaming on PC versus streaming on phone is way different. As far as phone with videos buffering you have to let it go through more than half of buffering to be done on video before clicking play. Also use Wi-Fi instead of cell connection. Have you cleared your cookies and cache for web.

N0madS0uL
07-25-2012, 03:51 AM
I know there is a huge difference, I am just saying what it was like compared to what it is like now, I did a factory reset last night, had to set everything up but started on the video files first.

It plays the file with normal player but can't do anything about the rate it seeks or plays after seeking. I have seen or had players on PC and on sites that you can seek to a point and it buffers from that point, it doesnt buffer from start of the file to that point. i.e. buffers from the point you seek to and makes a new start point if you will. If i can maybe get a player that works like that I could work around this issue.

To me the file handling and buffering of the previous OS was better and did it like i explained above, with this 4.03 it doesnt do it like that at all. Is there a way to set or change this? Is there a player that does do this so I can use that? Also I stream via WLAN and not cell connection, cookies are always cleared and as said the phone was just reset to factory and still does it.

I might have to send it in to have it reverted back to the old OS...wish I don't have to since I can't imagine im the only one with this issue...makes no sense...anyway thanks for the replies SLAG, keepem coming and anyone else also.

Pawan
09-18-2012, 06:53 AM
I am using HTC EVO 3D. I wish there was a way to calibrate the touch screen. Having issues where you press the top thread of SMS and it goes to the 4th one down and then it locks the screen like it's touching there so I can't press anything else? No back button, home button. Only thing that works is locking it then unlocking but sometimes you have to do that 3 to 4 times before it will stop "touching" that same spot. I recalibrated the touch and even restored factory settings but its of no help. Help me...!!

Ritik
09-22-2012, 02:17 AM
My htc evo 3d has some problem. It is not starting up nor charging. I have been coming across this problem for about two weeks, but it used to start up after I removed the battery and kept it for about 30 minutes and then put it back again. But now I removed the battery and kept it out for about 10 hour and yet it is not starting up. Also my phone i not rooted or anything. Just performed a factory reset last week but no luck. It is not even loading up the bootloader. Please help me. :(:(:(:(:(

meet
09-24-2012, 12:07 PM
hi i have htc evo 3d phone whenever i use that so some time it do hang it means screen was stick ,after screen lock an then do unlock so it it working after some happen again

Gbender5
10-17-2012, 12:10 AM
Hello,

As of a few days ago I can no longer hear callers. They can hear me but I can't hear anything at all. Like a dead silence, as if it's not engaged. When the speaker phone is turned on it functions as designed.

I'm hoping that there is a solution. I'm know that the ear piece may just be bad, but I want to try everything before I settle for that.

Any suggestions or ideas may help.

Thanks

evo3Duser
11-15-2012, 06:00 AM
I got the HTC evo 3D a year ago and it wordek fine so far. without changing anything (installing or adjusting settings) it started to crash. Black screen, dead without a shut down procedure. If i restart it, it sometimes crashes even before unlocking the sim card. If i repeat trying to start it up i get lucky wometimes and it will stay on for a few moments up to a half a day. It also happens if it is connected to power. Any ideas how i could fix that? any similar problems known? factory reset?:android-sad:

thanks for all hints and inputs!

SLAG IT!
11-21-2012, 07:00 PM
HTC doesn't have sim card. But, best suggestion would be call sprint and tell them you need a reset done to your phone without wiping out content of phone. If they tell you anything else ask them to speak to someone else.

abdullahkhan
12-23-2012, 05:00 AM
Dear friends i have problem with my HTC evo 3d its just ok i make calls suddenly i see it says no signals and limited service i go to moblie setting than mobile network and than network operator and search for available networks it shows my gsm service provider when i try to register after sometimes it says fail to register or ur sim doesnot allow to register on this network and after sometime (it can be few minutes or few hours ) itself starts showing signals .i don,t know what to do my friends call me and found my sim is closed plz try to solve this problem

vijaykvardhan
04-22-2013, 12:17 AM
hi, i ve gt too many scratches on my primary cam accidentaly, the camera clarity has been lost, service center ppl said they cant help, i am thinking to flip my camera cover for time being, any one help me out solving this problem, i ve lost the clarity n i am missing it...

UltraDroid
04-22-2013, 09:18 PM
Welcome to the forum vijaykvardhan. :)

I'm not a technician, so I can't really help you with that scratched lens issue. Hang on for awhile and we'll see if any members have some ideas.

kimlovesfl
05-21-2013, 02:36 PM
l am on my 3rd phone since January, and l am having a multitude of problems. My carrier is Virgin Mobile.

My first phone overheated, so Virgin sent me a new phone. However, they didn't tell me to remove the SD card, so the replacement phone came without an SD card, and we had to buy one for the phone. Put the SD card in, the phone seemed to work fine for a month or so.

One day, i get a notification that the SD card had been unexpectedly removed, and when i tried to use the camera, the screen said to insert an SD card. i contacted Virgin Mobile AND HTC, and both told me to perform a factory reset. i went to a Virgin Mobile store, they tested the SD card in another phone, and it seemed to work. She performed the reset, inserted the SD card, and was able to take a picture. i thanked her and left for home. By the time i got home about 20 minutes later, i again had the notification icon that the SD card had been unexpectedly removed, and i could not take pictures or access my gallery. i called Virgin Mobile, and they agreed to send me another phone.

Less than a week ago, i activated the phone, put the old SD card in the new phone (as the phone again was sent without one; i'm beginning to think they are sending rebuilt phones), it works for one picture, and then AGAiN, i get the same "sd card was unexpectedly removed" yada yada yada and again can't use the camera. Figuring it was the SD card, my husband returned it and got another one. He replaces the SD card, it seems to work fine, and today, while doing my merchandising job, i try to use the camera. "Please insert and SD card" when i go to camera. Never got the notification that it has been unexpectedly removed. Now i don't know if i have a 3rd bad phone, or a 2nd bad SD card, and i don't know what to do.

Another annoying problem is with the icons on the screen. in those little circles, there is usually a phone icon, email, text, and camera icon. Those icons keep disappearing, and i have no idea how to get them back into those circles. i know this is a minor issue, but it bugs me because it doesn't look right.

i would love to trade this phone in for another one, but Virgin Mobile won't give me a credit towards another phone, and i don't want to spend yet another $130 or more on a phone, when i only got this one less than 6 months ago.

Any help or advice would be most appreciated.

robsonsalvieri
09-20-2013, 07:14 PM
Exactly same problem here... Any ideas?

My htc evo 3d has some problem. It is not starting up nor charging. I have been coming across this problem for about two weeks, but it used to start up after I removed the battery and kept it for about 30 minutes and then put it back again. But now I removed the battery and kept it out for about 10 hour and yet it is not starting up. Also my phone i not rooted or anything. Just performed a factory reset last week but no luck. It is not even loading up the bootloader. Please help me. :(:(:(:(:(

Swiftie78
12-28-2013, 12:00 PM
My phone works fine...never any problems till i try txting someone. Often the "send" button just won't work.Every other button will work, but the send won't. It doen't always happen. It only happens when the keyboard is at the bottom..