PDA

View Full Version : How do I get Root permissions? Needed for Bluetooth Keyboard.

hawkrider
06-10-2011, 08:13 PM
The issue is simple: I want to use a bluetooth keyboard with the LG G2X. After talking and escalating the issue thru several layers at T-Mobile, mfg of all the keyboards tried (Apple, Verbatum and Microsoft), and escalating through engineers at LG, it comes down to this:
NONE of the LG phones come with the Human Input Device (HID) bluetooth profile. They cannot connect to a keyboard over bluetooth.

The fun part is this: In order for this to change, T-Mobile must make the request to LG. I could not escalate the issue high enough to make that happen at T-Mobile, and LG was, in fact positive that it would happen no other way.

Finally, one of the more enlightened supervisors pointed me to an app on the MArket: "Bluetooth Keyboard Easy Connect" Installation was fine, but it requires 'root' permissions to download the tool necessary. Is there some way to get to a 'root' window/terminal without 'rooting' the phone?

wicked
06-10-2011, 09:14 PM
I'm afraid you'll have to root your phone.

SLAG IT!
06-10-2011, 11:13 PM
Only thing you can do is root. That's if you want that feature.

furbearingmammal
06-10-2011, 11:52 PM
Further proof that phones should be easily rootable without voiding the warranty.

SLAG IT!
06-11-2011, 12:35 AM
No arguments from me.

furbearingmammal
06-11-2011, 12:36 AM
But, back on topic. Is voiding the warranty the only reason you do not wish to root?

Droid-Xer
06-11-2011, 04:01 AM
If you can root you can always unroot.