PDA

View Full Version : Killing applications - DEAD

El_Patron
06-26-2011, 02:16 PM
Hi

I recently purchased in Incredible S (Droid Incredible 2) and it is a fantastic phone I must say. I started installing applications and installed on called Advanced Task Killer (ATK) so that I can kill apps that get stuck etc. What i have noticed though si that when I run ATK it shows me a whole laod of applciations that I have not started - for example Blogger is always poping up as running and a whole lot of others too many to mention. How can I kill these apps and stop them from coming back up? Why are they coming up at all?

SLAG IT!
06-26-2011, 03:36 PM
DO NOT USE A TASK KILLER! ADVANCED TASK KILLER! Read this link first that I am including into this post. And welcome to the forum.

http://www.android.net/forum/android-apps/58045-task-killers-answer-google-developers.html

droid_him
07-13-2011, 12:05 AM
I also have similar case but I am using ES Task Manager. It shows me as list of application like My Verizon mobile, Bug Report, HTC weather, V cast Apps, updater that won't get killed. I wonder if all of them have to be running.

SLAG IT!
07-13-2011, 01:18 AM
Read the link and you will know answer.

walkerlw
07-14-2011, 04:50 PM
Great explanation! I love knowing how it all works. Thanks for the link! I will never again worry about killing apps. When I first bought my Inc2 it ran sluggishly and I assumed it had to do with open apps. Now I know better.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android.net

SLAG IT!
07-14-2011, 07:37 PM
It's all good! :D

We are all so use to killing apps on computers it's a habit that's hard to break.

P.S. At times I still accidentally kill apps.