PDA

View Full Version : New Here and have questions

droidaddiction
07-05-2011, 10:26 AM
I have a G2x had it since April I guess. After reading here I realize some of the issues I am having that I thought were "normal" are not. Such as weird smell coming from phone when it's warm. Restarting on it's own (happened only a few times) and horrible reception. Coming from an EVO i expected a little more from this phone.

It seems that I can do so much more with the evo than I can this g2x. The speed tests evo vs g2x are so different. My g2x is killing the evo each time.

Anyway I'm new to rooting and what not so can someone explain it. I know your basically hacking into the OS of the phone and that it voids waranty yada yada but tell me what I can do with the phone once rooted..

I also know you can "unroot" if need be.

I want to be able to use my netflix account and watch movies like my evo but I can't. I guess my questions are what can I do with a rooted phone? What are the pros and cons of rooting? How can I unroot? And anything else you think I may need..

Thanks!:android-nerd:

droidaddiction
07-05-2011, 10:50 AM
BTW just wanted to add what I just saw on best buys website for the g2x

Up to 50 hours talk time and up to 9 days standby
With included lithium-ion battery.

ROFLMFAO we must not be looking at the same phone then.. Im lucky to get 4 hours talk time..

SLAG IT!
07-06-2011, 11:37 AM
Welcome to the forum. As far as rooting, that's a personal preferrence. I would personally wait until they release the gingerbread update. That way I could make sure that there is a way to root it that works. The talk time etc is people misinputting data.