PDA

View Full Version : Memory Problems

jimymc
07-06-2011, 04:06 PM
I have a Verizon Fascinate with Froyo and run Launcher Pro. Recently something seems to have gone amiss. My memory seems to just disappear. I can clear my memory with Superbox and watch as it slowly is eaten up by something. When I exit an app or even Superbox it takes forever for Launcher Pro to reload. My guess is that Froyo is offloading the launcher rather than crash and then has to reload the launcher when the app is exited. I can have 125 meg available and set the phone down for a little while and I only have 50 meg free.

What in the world is gobbling up all my memory? How can I find what is going on?

Mujibar
07-06-2011, 07:16 PM
I put out a call to the Fascinate RS to see if anyone has any ideas for you. Someone will respond soon.

Tapatalk'd

ezas
07-06-2011, 09:52 PM
Does it do the same thing with the stock launcher? Or only launcher pro? If you need to switch you can go to Settings => Applications => Manage Applications => Then click on an application and at the bottom it will have an option to Clear Defaults.

Or (and this is how I do it) download the free 'Home Switcher for Froyo' from the market.

Is you phone stock or is it rooted? Let's start with this and then take it from there.

BTW - Welcome to android.net

ezas
07-09-2011, 08:09 AM
Well OP never came back. But unless the phone is getting really laggy it's just the way android uses memory. It's normal for memory to 'go away' as apps are used and put in the background for later loading.