PDA

View Full Version : EF 3.6 update question

sbb888
07-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Hi everyone, my phone has been working great so I've been gone for a while. Boy things sure do move fast around here. I am on EF 3.5.1 v1.2, ED01. I thought I would give the 3.6 a try. Do I need the 3.0 cwm for this? Do I need to go back to ota update and start from there? If I do this and things don't work out can I just go to my backup and flash back to what I have now or will I have to start all over.
Thanks for all the help

furbearingmammal
07-10-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm assuming EF is a ROM? If so, you might be better off locating the developer and reading up the release thread(s) on the ROM. :)

CR6
07-10-2011, 11:12 PM
Welcome to the forum sb!
I see you're using the Evil Fascination Rom. You may want to check/ask over on our sister site fascinateforums.com. We've got some great Rescue Squad members that know all about this rom and can help you out with this.
Good luck!

tapster

DaleV
07-11-2011, 08:21 AM
If you are going from one rom to an updated version of that rom, unless the developer of that rom specificly says to do a certain process, just boot to CWR wipe dalvic and cache, install rom. Watch for voodoo and non voodoo, you may need to disable or enable voodoo depending.

Sent from my EC09 UKB GB Fascinate.