PDA

View Full Version : Motorola Triumph at some Best Buys now... just got mine.

jntdroid
07-14-2011, 02:20 PM
FYI, if you ask for it, some Best Buys have the Triumph in stock now. Just picked mine up.

Very early first impressions... great external speaker, and ear piece - sound is solid. Runs very smooth - I'm sure the gpu helps - though, no rigorous testing yet. Vanilla Android is so refreshing, even with a few VM apps on there. Silly, but the notification light is nice - it fades in and out instead of blinking. Feels solid in the hand. Feels somewhat like an X without the hump.

For $25/month, pretty darn solid... heck, even at $35 (the upcoming bump up) it's solid.

Too early to report any problems, obviously... ;)

wicked
07-14-2011, 03:18 PM
Congrats and thanks for sharing! $25-35 a month sounds delicious.

SLAG IT!
07-14-2011, 07:38 PM
That's great thanks for sharing that.

srmuc69
07-21-2011, 04:21 PM
I got mine pre-ordered at BestBuy and on 7/19 they put it on back order. Then I read the reviews from people on their website and they picked theirs up at the local store. So I called the BestBuy near me and no phone but another store in the mall had it. So I deleted the order at bestbuy.com and got it at the mall. This was on 7/19. I was not able to activate the phone before 7/20 I guess the official launch date of the new phone and the new pricing. So I activated on 7/19 another cheap Virgin phone and got still the $25 deal and did a phone swap for free on 7/20. Now I have the Triumph for $25 a month which is the best deal out there. The cheap Virgin phone can be used again for a new activation but sure now only with the higher $35 plan.

maclaren
08-16-2011, 02:32 AM
Out of curiosity, are people who started VM service before the rate hike only having to pay the 25 or 40 respectively for service. When I went to top up the other day my my account page still had the lower pricing listed....

rooted noob on motorola triumph

maclaren
08-16-2011, 02:37 AM
Also what are the symptoms of the radio issues? I was assuming the crappy signal was just typical of the sprint network, but I'll have 1 bar while a friend on another network is standing next to me with full bars...

rooted noob on motorola triumph

furbearingmammal
08-16-2011, 03:45 AM
Different networks run off different towers unless you hit one of the multi-network wildcat towers like I have up the road from me, and even though it does AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon, the Verizon signal is by far the strongest.

The symptom would be poor signal, connection issues, etc. Basically anything involving actual transmission/reception.

jeshortal
08-16-2011, 04:37 PM
I am on virgin mobile and still am paying the $25. A month! I wondered too if there is going to be a price hike. And I want to get the motorola triumph! I am looking for forums on it. Any advice?

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Android.net