07-14-2011, 08:28 PM
RECOVERY:
vol-up/vol-dn (same time) + power on
home soft button toggles menu on and off
volume up/down moves in the menu
back soft button selects

BOOTLOADER: (I think)
vol-dn + power on

not sure how to get past this point, but it says this over and over again...
Incoming Download Mode
polling, get oemsbl_mode = 1

etc... tried everything to get past there. Battery pull was all I could do to get out of it. Not sure if it's waiting on something like rsdlite or what. Also not sure how to tell if it's locked or unlocked. Doesn't look like other bootloaders I've seen on Verizon Moto phones, even the newest ones.

OEM_Foxconn
07-16-2011, 11:48 PM
The vol-up + power on is putting the phone in download mode and is waiting for a Rom update. This is the same process found on the OEM Foxconn Huawei X6 U9000. The Motorola Triumph is also a OEM Foxconn device. Once the phone enters download mode connect your device via its USB cable to your PC, run SUT 1.7 (Software Updating Tool) program, your device will now be recognized as connected within the SUT, next choose your desired .nb0 (when using SUT your nb0 doesnt have to be named firmware.nb0) and select erase user data, press start. Your device will now have its new Rom, and will confirm with a "finished". Your device will start to reboot itself and show the new rom, now unplug the USB cable. If you put your device in Download Mode and dont update its rom, the ONLY way to stop the polling is to battery pull. If using Linux, gain access to #root by typing sudo -s then type sudo nautilus, now put your phone into Download Mode and connect it to your PC via USB. Root folder usually at the bottom of all the folders that opened, giving access to USERDATA folder.

jntdroid
07-18-2011, 10:05 AM
Interesting... once I do that, it allows me into the /image folder where there's boot.img, recovery.img, a couple of mbn files, etc... I'm not an expert on bootloaders and such - I wonder if this means it's unlocked? easy to flash a custom recovery?

ZDEG
07-22-2011, 01:20 PM
So, in theory, would this allow tether users to get past whatever is blocking them and connect other devices for internet purposes then?

furbearingmammal
07-22-2011, 10:53 PM
So, in theory, would this allow tether users to get past whatever is blocking them and connect other devices for internet purposes then?

No, this is about recovery. If the carrier has tethering blocked it's because they consider it stealing. No further discussion on tethering will happen in this thread.

OEM_Foxconn
07-23-2011, 12:15 AM
Interesting...I wonder if this means it's unlocked? easy to flash a custom recovery?

Locked yes, unlockable maybe.

Custom recovery has been successful for the Huawei X6 Asian Variant not your MoTo Triumph yet

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/5086/1002418f.jpg

furbearingmammal
07-23-2011, 01:37 AM
This phone bear any relation to the Atrix? If so the Atrix unlocker might fix it. However, I seriously doubt they're at all related since I thought the Atrix/Bionic were in-house designs and this isn't. :)

OEM_Foxconn
07-24-2011, 12:19 AM
This phone bear any relation to the Atrix?

None. Initial claims are coming that MoTo had more input into manufacturing because they simply put their name on the top. The same faults reported by global Huawei X6 owners regarding the light leakage from chassis are starting to appear from Triumph owners.

Huawei X6 U9000 (GSM) Kernal has been released to the public can get here (http://www.mediafire.com/?66b9p3cxu5ji5dd), Good news for Cincinnati Bell Ascend X owners. Moto Triumph is in the same family however is CDMA, also reports are coming in from Triumph owners that there is many problems with the CDMA radio, and is not related to cell tower signals. Some units are having to be exchanged twice or three times.

furbearingmammal
07-24-2011, 01:48 AM
I did not think so but I thought I would ask.

That does not sound good for Motorola's reputation.

jntdroid
07-25-2011, 11:12 AM
Yes I had issues with the radio on two different ones, and some gps issues. It was odd. Virgin's service can be unreliable at times, but nothing like what this phone was doing. I ended up going back to Verizon b/c it cost me a couple of very important phone calls as well unreliable data to get an email to a client. Obviously it's not the end of the world for me or I wouldn't have even tried it, but I'll make room in my budget for an extra $60+ per month for the reliability at this point...

If some of the kinks can be worked out, it's still a solid phone, especially for $25 or $35/month on the cheapest plan. It ran smoothly and besides the few hiccups, call quality was solid and data was what you would expect from Virgin.

Fur it's more like the Droid X from a standpoint of look and feel - doesn't have the real high resolution of the Atrix, but it also doesn't have that crappy pentile color management! :)

wewe
07-27-2011, 09:02 PM
is there a link to the software updating tool. i got the same problem. thanks

wewe
07-27-2011, 09:28 PM
and where can the get the nb0 file, and can some one upload his entire files from the triuupmh. so i can rebuild my phone. thanks