PDA

View Full Version : Camera app. was affected by 2.3 update

pb4072
07-28-2011, 12:50 PM
Hi,
It appears that the built-in camera app. was affected by yesterday's Android update. There no longer is the advanced settings screen. That screen included things like a timer. A guy at my local Costco cellphone stand downloaded another camera app for me, Camera Magic. That's got the timer with it, but, it doesn't allow the front lens camera setting. Anyone know of a camera app that has both. That's both-sided camera lenses and a timer.
Thanks,
Peter

furbearingmammal
07-28-2011, 03:49 PM
I'd contact LG and ask if they plan on updating their camera app or if there's some way to install the old one.

Lindel
07-28-2011, 09:33 PM
A couple of guys at xda-developers have ported the froyo LG camera to the new GB update. It's available as a flash, and looks to be fully (or at the very least, mostly) functional.

You can get it from here. LGCamera.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/?fyq2sy5b2a6qxon)

Reboot to recovery and flash the zip.

enlightened
07-28-2011, 10:22 PM
Lindel, do you need to be rooted to flash the old camera to GB?

Lindel
07-29-2011, 05:53 AM
You can use NVflash to install it, but I'm not that savy with nvflash. Being rooted is the easiest way.

Rooting the G2x with GB is NOT an easy chore. Your best bet is to use nvflash to install cwm (instructions are at xda-developers) and then boot into cwm and flash a rooted stock 2.3.3 GB rom that is also available at xda.

furbearingmammal
07-29-2011, 04:50 PM
Either way, any warranty you have left would be nullified.