PDA

View Full Version : The best Cell Phone manufacture's Android UI

p3unit32
08-12-2011, 01:58 PM
Which manufactures UI add-on to Android is better, HTC, Motorola, Samsung etc? And why.
Sent from my Desire HD using Android.net

wicked
08-12-2011, 02:46 PM
I'm not a big fan of manufacturers added UI but if I had to choose, I'd say HTC Sense is the best out of all of them.

p3unit32
08-12-2011, 03:10 PM
I think so too. I would like to get rid of all the bloat wear though, but I'm not sure about rooting my phone.

furbearingmammal
08-12-2011, 05:44 PM
I've never used any, but popular opinion sides with Wicked on Sense.

I like vanilla Android.

wicked
08-12-2011, 06:49 PM
I've never used any, but popular opinion sides with Wicked on Sense.

I like vanilla Android.

i second this. Nothing like stock vanilla android.

p3unit32
08-13-2011, 01:16 PM
What's vanilla android?

SLAG IT!
08-13-2011, 01:21 PM
The pure android experience. It's what Google releases.

p3unit32
08-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Could you elaborate a little more on that.

p3unit32
08-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Is it true that the video section in the android market is only for the desktop and tablet? Doesn't it suppose to work on the phones too? I just got through talking to a representative about it, and was told it was only for the tablets. The rep also said the phones do not support mobile movie viewing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it stated that the mobile phones could streams movies from Android market, or download them via WiFi?

SLAG IT!
08-13-2011, 05:39 PM
Not 100% sure but video on market should work on phone. Google creates the next version of the android OS. Because Android is open source any manufacturer or carrier can add or chang what they want to include. Part of why people complain about bloatware.
Vanilla is what sets the new functions available.

If you want vanilla then you will have to buy a Nexus 1 (aka prime), Nexus S, or whatever the name is for the new phone coming out at the end of the year.

furbearingmammal
08-16-2011, 01:53 AM
Could you elaborate a little more on that.

What you get on the Nexus 1 and Motorola Droid and a few Sprint phones. No custom skins like Blur, TouchWiz, or Sense. Basically it's the pure OS. For a good idea of what we mean download and install ADW Launcher from the Market, set it as your default launcher, and run with it for a couple days. This is very similar, though there are more features and options, to the vanilla experience. When you want to go back you'll need to remove ADW as your default launcher from the settings, and then you can uninstall it if you're not going to use it. :)

Word of warning -- you will lose all your setup on your home screens, but you won't lose any data or actual apps.

zhianzee
09-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Now you got me thinking what to replace my phone with. I haven't tried HTC phones but with your reviews I better check them out.