PDA

View Full Version : Need decent camera app after gb update.

Heather
08-20-2011, 12:04 AM
Just updated to gb. Looks pretty nice. I was warned that the nice froyo camera was replaced with one that was not so good. I wasn't prepared for how much it sucks. It is almost unusable. The flash doesn't sync right with the photos and it no longer does hd video. The pictures are horrible.
I want my camera back. I backed up everything before I did my update. Can I just reinstall the thing? If not, is there a decent camera app that I can use? Even willing to use a paid app.
Don't want to root my phone to get my old camera back.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Android.net

furbearingmammal
08-20-2011, 03:43 AM
There is a way to get the old camera back, but I don't remember the link to do it. I think it was over at XDA, but that doesn't mean it's not a root-only solution.

There are camera apps in the market. I'd suggest trying a few of the free ones before moving to the paid ones. If you do move to a paid one, set a timer for 10 minutes so you can return one you don't want before the 15 minute deadline hits.

Heather
08-20-2011, 09:47 AM
Thanks, trying free version of camera advance lite. May upgrade to the paid version if I like it. Definitely better than the stock gb one.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Android.net

Lindel
08-26-2011, 12:43 AM
[Bounty Open w/Link][MOD] LG Cam V1.5 for OTA GB Based ROMS w/Bugs List [ (8/07/11)] - xda-developers (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1166531)

Link is here, free of charge. You can install using ADB push or CWM recovery.