PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the Galaxy Note Forum

danDroid
09-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Samsung has officially announcement the Samsung Galaxy Note, and we would like to officialy announce the newest section of Android dot net dedicated to the Gaxlaxy Note!

Here's a quick recap of the Galaxy Note Specs:

Hardware specs include:
A dual-core 1.4GHz processor
Super AMOLED screen
8-megapixel main camera that can record 1080p video
2-megapixel front-facing camera
802.11 b/g/n support for Wi-Fi, and HSPA+ 21Mbps 850/900/1900/2100 mobile network support.

Anyone thinking about upgrading to this device?

wicked
09-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Nice specs. Huge screen

Dannstarr
09-01-2011, 03:51 PM
I will definitely be looking to get one of these. The only thing that might stop me is the same size screen on the next Nexus phone.

Whats the build quality like on these? same as the SGS2? does it have Gorilla glass?

jeanette1955
10-28-2011, 02:20 AM
Can't wait to upgrade to this beauty !

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Android.net

Ollie
10-29-2011, 06:11 AM
I will definitely be looking to get one of these. The only thing that might stop me is the same size screen on the next Nexus phone.

Whats the build quality like on these? same as the SGS2? does it have Gorilla glass?I think the Note's screen is just under an inch larger than the Nexus. I am looking into getting this phone if it is released in the U.S. I'm not sure I want to dish out $1000 for the unlocked version. This may be the phone that locks me back into a contract lol.

slims1179
10-30-2011, 01:12 AM
Unlocked version will be available as it's being released in the U.K on Nov. 3rd. Still no exact release date for U.S. but Sounds like it may come sooner than expected. Samsung has lowered the price it may not be $1000 since it's only 495 euro which is approx. $700 US, but if buying an unlocked version may have to pay more.

photoguy
11-14-2011, 06:09 PM
Got my Galaxy Note end of last week. Picked it up on eBay from HK. Works fantastic. Last few months have been a roller coaster in phones for me. Decided I had had enough with Apple and dumped my iPhone 4 for a Galaxy S II on AT&T. Less than a month after I got the SII AT&T rolls out the SII Skyrocket. Brought the SII back to the store and got the Skyrocket. Both fantastic phones. But in the back of my mind was always the Note. I ordered it on eBay and eventhough it wasnt cheap the note is a stellar device. I also had an HTC Flyer and have already decided to dump that thanks to the usability of the Note. The build quality of the Note actually feels better than the SII. Very solid device. Funny part is that what looked initially like a gigantic screen, now feels normal. My wife has the iPhone 4 and her screen borders on unusable in comparison to the Note (because im used to it obviously). If anyone has any q's let me know.

colin39
11-16-2011, 02:45 PM
Recieved mine a few days ago and im loving it. Last phone was the sgs 9000 and this in all purposes is much the same well improved phone.Got case and screen protectors off amazon and im welk happy with them.

Sanjay
01-07-2012, 09:36 AM
I am having brodband connection with wifi modem and service rovider is MTNL. I am able to conect wifi connection using Samsung Note phone and connection status is also showing connection is active. Despite of this phone is using GPRS service which is available with SIM card to download content from internet. I want my phone must use wifi conncetion to download contents from internet instead of GPRS.

Regards

Sanjay
07 Jan 2012

danish
01-13-2012, 10:15 AM
Hi
Just got my note a couple of days ago its amazing I must say.
I need a little help plz
It shows in the official video that we can cut n merge two pictures does any one know how.
When ever I unlock it says doodle load fail can anyone help with that?
Regards
Danny

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android.net

shamsudeen
01-14-2012, 03:58 PM
Hi i decided to buy this Note, I have read in many sites it was ok, i wanna know one thing to make sure before i buy it that is Does Note has a metal frame running all around the sides ? that silver sides? is that really metal can you please make sure and tell me ... Thank you I would appreciate your reply

shamsudeen
01-14-2012, 03:59 PM
Got my Galaxy Note end of last week. Picked it up on eBay from HK. Works fantastic. Last few months have been a roller coaster in phones for me. Decided I had had enough with Apple and dumped my iPhone 4 for a Galaxy S II on AT&T. Less than a month after I got the SII AT&T rolls out the SII Skyrocket. Brought the SII back to the store and got the Skyrocket. Both fantastic phones. But in the back of my mind was always the Note. I ordered it on eBay and eventhough it wasnt cheap the note is a stellar device. I also had an HTC Flyer and have already decided to dump that thanks to the usability of the Note. The build quality of the Note actually feels better than the SII. Very solid device. Funny part is that what looked initially like a gigantic screen, now feels normal. My wife has the iPhone 4 and her screen borders on unusable in comparison to the Note (because im used to it obviously). If anyone has any q's let me know.
Hi i decided to buy this Note, I have read in many sites it was ok, i wanna know one thing to make sure before i buy it that is Does Note has a metal frame running all around the sides ? that silver sides? is that really metal can you please make sure and tell me ... Thank you I would appreciate your reply

devila14345
01-15-2012, 08:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOnd5mh998Y.....Watch this small review..

daytonaviolet
02-29-2012, 08:01 PM

im on the same boat. i've had my iphone since 2007 (2g, 3g, 3gs and 4) and now im ready to make the switch. the deciding factor for me is ATT's LTE. two of my friends dumped there iphone4 this past weekend for the note. i checked out both of there phones all weekend and its Amazing. there getting download speeds from 10Mbs --> 30Mbs. Upload speeds from 2Mbs - 20Mbs :android-dance: also i found out that the only difference from ATT's I717 vs the international N7000 is

(international) n7000 - has Exynos processor, FM radio and home button.
(ATT) i717 - has LTE, Qualcom S3 processor

also to answer your question, yes the the framing around the sides is metal. also on another note, the ip4 has a very good resell value. the two i sold these few days had values of (ip4 16G, baseband 1.59 = $300, ip4 32G, baseband 1.59 = $350). im hoping to sell my ip4 32G factory unlock for ~ $400.

Samsung Note I717... here i come :android-dance:

Ollie
03-06-2012, 04:17 PM
Got mine today. This thing is faster than my SGS2 was. Loving it!

s.tamanna
03-13-2012, 12:13 PM
:android-dance: Loving the note...switched after 5 years of being on BB. The only thing I miss is BBM....but no regrets.

wicked
03-13-2012, 04:40 PM
:android-dance: Loving the note...switched after 5 years of being on BB. The only thing I miss is BBM....but no regrets.

Awesome! and welcome to the forum!