PDA

View Full Version : Dual Sim Card for Galaxy Note

uli
10-30-2011, 08:08 AM
i'd be curious to know whether already somebody knows about the chance to have a dual SIM card in the galaxy note

Ollie
10-30-2011, 10:49 AM
Android and some software companies are releasing an app that will allow you to have a business number and a personal number on one phone. It will be handled through profiles. When you are at work you activate the business profile and the phone differentiates your business life from your personal life. From notes to apps to contacts. Hopefully this will get rid of the need for dual sims. I'm not sure if they have a dual sim that would fit inside of the phone. On my i4 I had one that wrapped around the back of the phone under any case. The i4's sim tray is on the outside though.

cali
10-30-2011, 01:42 PM
Welcome to the site. I will be looking forward to this app myself. :android-dance:

Egyptiannote
02-25-2012, 01:05 PM
Hi everybody,
I am actually very happy using Simore infinite in my Samsung Galaxy Note :o

It works like a charm.

Fast delivery to Egypt and professional services

http://youtu.be/P6mFZ1GxT5E

252chevyboyz
02-26-2012, 02:58 PM
Welcome to the community and that looks like quite an interesting app. Anyway feel free to ask any questions you may have. Make yourself at home and enjoy the community

thomashiggins
03-20-2012, 04:50 PM
I got one of these for my Note...

It works well and is a fraction of the price of the Simore one. They seem to get a lot of recommendations from various blogs for having good customer service too which is always a bonus.

I hope this helps someone!

cnlon
04-10-2012, 02:55 AM
May I have a look at how you managed to cut your Sims and the new adapter still working successfully in your Note? I would like to use my phone in UK and in Hong Kong. The dual Sim will definitely make the Note my ultimate phone.Thanks.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android.net

IMA69R
06-27-2012, 12:00 AM
Thank you Thomas for this POST:

My FIRST attempt at a Dual Sim adapter was a failure.

Have just ordered one of yours.

"I'll have what he's having".

Soon, I should be ONE, HAPPY ANDROID :android-dance: :android-dance: :android-dance:

Cheers

cnlon
07-06-2012, 08:25 PM
To IMA 69R

I'm very curious to see how you got on with your dual Sim for your Note. It would be great if you can share a pic of the 2 cut Sim cards in 1 slot. The demonstration on you tube is so slick. I thought the existing slot where the Sim goes is so tightly fitting and not sure how the 2 cut Sims with shelf and sleeve can all jam into the same space and not damaging the design. If yours works I'll get one. Thanks

peterpark
09-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Been looking into this myself. Saw these vids....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLsvnr4can0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPgrq4BMk-Y

Gonna order the 'NO CUT-B' version as it looks like what i'm after :android-dance:

PP

cnlon
09-16-2012, 11:01 AM
Hello Peter,
I was looking carefully at your video with the Note Sim and battery arrangement. The end of the Sim is butting right against the battery without much gap in between. Let the forum readers know, if you had already ordered the dual sim adapter, how it manages to fit in folding over the end of the Sim card and between the battery. I thought the Sim slot is already very tight leaving only a hair's breathe for the folding of the adapter with all the electronic extensions. I am worried that the connection may be compromised on folding. There is also a rumour on the net that I read, Note2 may be launched in China Unicom with dual Sim. I will be so looking forward to see if it is true. If your "new find" works, I certainly don't have to wait for Note 2 or to get one of those "DaPeng" dual sim 5", sort of Note want to be, which I saw in Amazon! The resolution is no where as good I was told by someone who tried it in HongKong. But it has the advantage of dual sim. Thanks. I hope you respond, one way or another, as none of the others who attempted dual Sim replied back on line. Ta

peterpark
09-18-2012, 06:11 AM
Hello Peter,
I was looking carefully at your video with the Note Sim and battery arrangement. The end of the Sim is butting right against the battery without much gap in between. Let the forum readers know, if you had already ordered the dual sim adapter, how it manages to fit in folding over the end of the Sim card and between the battery. I thought the Sim slot is already very tight leaving only a hair's breathe for the folding of the adapter with all the electronic extensions. I am worried that the connection may be compromised on folding. There is also a rumour on the net that I read, Note2 may be launched in China Unicom with dual Sim. I will be so looking forward to see if it is true. If your "new find" works, I certainly don't have to wait for Note 2 or to get one of those "DaPeng" dual sim 5", sort of Note want to be, which I saw in Amazon! The resolution is no where as good I was told by someone who tried it in HongKong. But it has the advantage of dual sim. Thanks. I hope you respond, one way or another, as none of the others who attempted dual Sim replied back on line. Ta

Well it arrived the following day so no complaints about the service! It fits nicely and theres no issue with the SIM against the battery, there's enough room for it and it was incredibly easy to install. All in all very pleased with the purchase and service so two thumbs up :)

cnlon
09-18-2012, 11:19 AM
Great! Thank you for this wonderful news. I'll be getting what you've got and I'll be a very happy bunny. I've been looking for this ever since I started using the Note. When other forum users just mentioned the products sometimes I'm not quite sure that they're part of the 'company' for advertising their products or they are genuine users.
Thank you. Thank you. You've given me confidence. Do let us know if anything happens to go wrong! And hopefully never!!! Particularly to an expensive phone.

cnlon
10-05-2012, 07:26 AM
Just heard that there may be a dual Sim card version of Note 2, not only for China but also for Hong Kong. It will be about 40 more. I definitely think it's worth it.

IMA69R
12-20-2012, 05:00 AM
I didn't....

Had so many PROBLEMS with the Galaxy Note, which was replaced TWICE, that I asked "BOGAN" dot com (Change the B to a K, but I prefer it as is), to just refund me.

So I didn't succeed with the dual sim either.

Now that MICRO SIMS are out there, maybe, 2 of them are easier than cutting them.

I DO NOT KNOW, so....

I have decided to WAIT for the NEW 7102 Dual Sim Galaxy Note 2, before I buy a new Mobile.

Cheers