PDA

View Full Version : Motorola i1 Problems

danDroid
05-14-2010, 12:56 PM
Having problems with the Motorola i1? Let us know, we are here to help!

dahillfh
06-26-2010, 06:37 PM
i am having a problem with the i1. when the wifi is turned on i do not receive all my texts and my email say incorrect username or password. when i turn off wifi then the texts and email work.

Makaveli Da Don
06-28-2010, 09:07 PM
I'm having trouble with my I1. It seems as though I can't download apps. Every app I attempt to download it says it's unsuccessful. Can anyone help?

ronc1211
06-29-2010, 12:22 PM
Just bought the i1 this past friday (6-25-10) and love the phone.
However, the one thing that has me baffled is the fact that I am able to send and receive text messages with no problems, and I am able to send picture texts with no problem ... but when I am sent a text message with a photo, it will not come through.

Any ideas ???

Makaveli Da Don
06-30-2010, 04:46 AM
I'm having trouble with my I1. It seems as though I can't download apps. Every app I attempt to download it says it's unsuccessful. Can anyone help?

This is no longer a problem but is there a reason why I can't watch youtube videos?

iamjdaniels
07-04-2010, 06:33 PM
I've been having issues with my motorola i1 and the music player. I have a sandisk 8gb micro sd card and everytime I listen to music it freezes after 15min or so and forces my screen to go blank and I have to pull the battery to get it back to normal. I'm on my 3rd different i1 and experiencing the same issue and frustrated please help!

TidbiT
07-19-2010, 07:45 PM
Well I'm having allot of the same issues as everyone else but i have yet to see any help so what is the deal can we get some active advise or help from the creator of this post.

YAMAFORD
08-06-2010, 12:24 PM
I've been having issues with my motorola i1 and the music player. I have a sandisk 8gb micro sd card and everytime I listen to music it freezes after 15min or so and forces my screen to go blank and I have to pull the battery to get it back to normal. I'm on my 3rd different i1 and experiencing the same issue and frustrated please help!
Try a different player. I use Mort on my Hero. I havent got the I1 yet.

Jscags
08-06-2010, 02:51 PM
I can relate to everyone here. I have a window every hour or so when my text messages (that dont time out) get sent, and I receive every text message that had been sent to me (usually about 5 or 6). When I send a message it will sit in queue until that window approaches or the message times out and I have to resend it.

I also experience the loss of the mobile network (globe up top disappears), this usually goes hand in hand with loss of text messaging. This appears to occur primarily when I am using wifi and the mobile network will disappear for usually 45 minutes to an hour, and then miraculously appear back.

I am new to nextel so, is this what nextel service is usually like in regards to text messaging? Or did they just rush this phone out and we have to wait for a ridiculous update to surface?

Any and all insight into solving this issues would be much appreciated!

JS

rich_c
08-06-2010, 04:18 PM
Well I'm having allot of the same issues as everyone else but i have yet to see any help so what is the deal can we get some active advise or help from the creator of this post.
This is a user-supported forum. Unfortunately, there aren't enough i1 users here yet to provide timely answers to everyone's questions. Hopefully as the i1 gains ground we will have more members who have experience with the types of problems you all are experiencing.

In the meantime, Google is your friend and if you find another forum that has more members that are knowledgeable with the i1, invite them to come on over. :)

Kody.A.Baker88
08-09-2010, 07:28 PM
Hello I'm new to this forum and wold like to share some info on the i1 . Okay first off the i1 is an amazing phone for iDEN, its a big step . The reason for the 1.5 Android OS is so that NEXTEL | had a stable established platform to run the iDEN Network on . Also the device only comes pre-loaded with a 2GB. Micro SD . When purchasing this Device I recommend buying no smaller then an 8GB. to use 16 to 32GB. are where you notice performance in speed . A lot of people wonder about YouTube... well YouTube can not be watched without YouTube.apk . Download the YouTube.apk available at rapidshare to your desktop and connect your data cable and open the apps folder and drag and drop the YouTube.apk to it and then disconnect it after this enter the Setup in the app-tray and skip until you see install Apps from SD select YouTube.apk install turn on WiFi and Enjoy full YouTube . I also recommend Super Security to protect your i1 from MalWare and other threats . I've also noticed that it is better to Setup the phone for the first time with WiFi switched on . Also Texting is always going to vary from time to time depending on how many users there are on the Network at the given time . iDEN is like a bank first come first serve . Text's may take time depending on the traffic basically . You can if someone you talk to a lot doesn't mind have them set the priority of the message to Urgent or *HIGH* . NEXTEL | was never aimed at Texting but more of a Mobile Office in your hands .

Evil E
08-17-2010, 11:23 PM
I've had the i1 for a little over 2 weeks...at 1st had some problems with it freezing up and having to force close or remove battery and restart. Seems like its getting better now ( i hope ), the other issue I notice it gets pretty warm if i'm on it for a while, is that normal? This morning when the alarm was going off, i picked it up to shut the alarm up and it was really HOT ...i have no idea what this would be from. It was on the charger all night (about 7 hours) and had only charged 60%? I'm not sure if mines defective or what. No issues today durring work today. I'll see if it happens again, if so might switch to the Evo. Any ideas or comment will be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

hatemyi1
08-18-2010, 01:31 AM
i have went through all the standard trouble shooting, even went to the store. I am unable to send or receive text on my i1 what is the problem?

hatemyi1
08-18-2010, 01:37 AM
please help me i have went through all the standard troubleshooting resets sending text to myself had my ip adress changed updated my system....i still cannot send or recive text!1 im getting so mad i wanna take it back! please help me!!

droidhead
08-18-2010, 01:49 AM
Have you tried exchanging it for a new one?

jak89
08-18-2010, 02:41 AM
hatemyi1....sounds a little harsh. Sometimes people do get a buggy phone that just has issues. If i were in your shoes i would go to Sprint and have them fix your phone. If and when they cant, get a replacement (assuming you are within the 30 day trial or have insurance)

TidbiT
08-18-2010, 12:07 PM
I've had the i1 for a little over 2 weeks...at 1st had some problems with it freezing up and having to force close or remove battery and restart. Seems like its getting better now ( i hope ), the other issue I notice it gets pretty warm if i'm on it for a while, is that normal? This morning when the alarm was going off, i picked it up to shut the alarm up and it was really HOT ...i have no idea what this would be from. It was on the charger all night (about 7 hours) and had only charged 60%? I'm not sure if mines defective or what. No issues today durring work today. I'll see if it happens again, if so might switch to the Evo. Any ideas or comment will be appreciated. Thanks for your time.

I seemed to have had a similar problem with my phone not taking a charge, and i noticed that allot of apps were still running so i shut off all the apps and my phone seemed to have started charging like it was supposed to also my phone gets a little warm to when it has been doing things like running apps or I've been talking on it for awhile. hope that the info about the apps running helps ;)

Kody.A.Baker88
08-21-2010, 10:26 AM
Mine froze up a lot ! It was caused by to much data, trying to pass . Also the battery I've noticed on any Android may say 100 %, 60 %, and so on . Well one thing is the Battery of a Smart Phone is mint to be charged when the device is off . A lot of time the actual OS tells the battery it is charged and it won't be . Also it uses the battery to store old Data and it can get hung (Battery Pull) . If you download the Battery Widget that shows that its charging look at the symbol and make sure it is the charger sign, mine did it and I looked and it had the USB symbol below only allowing a 60% charge, take a plain old Micro USB charger and see if it doesn't charge up and stay normal temp .

Kody.A.Baker88
08-21-2010, 10:31 AM
Texting on the i1 can be odd mine didn't work for awhile . Go to Setting, Network Management, Master Reset, 000000 (no more the 7 times you can burn up you SIM) .

i have went through all the standard trouble shooting, even went to the store. I am unable to send or receive text on my i1 what is the problem?

Chiefrick59
08-22-2010, 11:37 AM
I am on the second i1! Battery does not last more than 3-4 hours with no applications running. I even downloaded the jkapplication to monitor applications that are open and when all were closed the phone still does not keep the charge. The phone also does not charge more than 90%. This according to all of the other forums is and has been an issue.:iphone:

boostmobilei1
08-24-2010, 06:49 PM
when i take a pic or video it saves it but it says 0.00 mb and won't show up just black screen tried master reset and format as card but nothing works??????

btjt7951
08-29-2010, 07:57 PM
i got my i1 about a week ago and when i orinonally set up the gmail i used an old account and now when i want to update and sync my phone with a new gmail it wont let me any suggestions reply please

gdewitt3444
09-26-2010, 06:14 PM
Anyone know of an App to shut the shutter sound off on the motorola i1

dodger82
10-04-2010, 01:45 AM
Im having a problem with my i1 phone, when making a call i cant use my dial pad, i can press the buttons but it doesnt respond, like when making a payment over the phone, when i press a number it wont work. Is this a problem with my phone or is that just how the fone is?

sap252
10-28-2010, 09:50 AM
I'm having a lot of problems with my i1. I think that I got the phone too early. Has anyone seen any software updates or anything being distributed? Here are some of my problems:

1. My work email (not gmail) takes forever to load messages. It will say loading for like 10 mins in some cases more before the text comes through. Especially if the sender has a business card loaded to the signature of the email, which is common.
2. I can't open attachments on email. My blackberry I was able to do this with no problem.
3. My text messaging is very slow to browse through screens. ie If I want to browse through a number of different conversation I am having it takes forever.
4. I am trying to delete some text messages from my phone to speed up to application and when I am going to delete all threads the contact's name stays in the list but all of the information that was contained in the message is gone. If I try to delete messages individually the message sometimes goes away but it takes forever.
5. Very frequently an error message pops up and make me force close or wait for the application to respond.

Needless to say I am very disappointed with the new i1. If anyone has had similar issues and found a solution please contact me or reply. I like the idea of the phone but it's functionality is not there. Please help!

Kody.A.Baker88
10-29-2010, 10:28 PM
First off anyone who has NEXTEL |/Motorola iDEN based network phones you are only operating at a 1.75G Network, very slow compared EVDO or 3G so your EMail and things of that sort will take a bit to load hints the WIFI option . In my experience with the i1 (have owned two Boost versions and two NEXTEL | ) unless the battery was conditioned properly (A full charge of NEVER turning the phone on and letting it charge with slow charger not rapid, then powering it on for the first time and running it fully dead 3 times ) it has the "Memory Effect" like older battery's . Second you need to remember that if your BlackBerry worked its because its not an Always Data on phone and uses RIM BlackBerry Services (Research in Motion) with the i1 having an Android OS it still sticks to its roots and that is NEXTEL | and are not mint to handle all of that data ... if you call someone on an i1 8 out 10 times it will say please hold & Direct Connect usually responds back User Busy In Data A3 (like a dial-up Modem) I actually use a NEXTEL | i1 on Boost and it works a Lot better then Boost's, problem is NEXTEL | tested the phone with Boost the NEXTEL | version has a few differences to it, even the Battery hatch is sealed better then Boost's . If you need help you can contact me at (540) 875-0071 or 135*886241*13 I actually work at Sprint and would be more then happy to assist .:sprintyellow:

Kody.A.Baker88
10-29-2010, 10:36 PM
iDEN network only functions at 1.75G speeds (same as dial-up internet service) . You have to download the app YouTube.apk to your SD via a computer then install it and it will run when WiFi, is switched on .

Kody.A.Baker88
10-29-2010, 11:07 PM
I see your new to NEXTEL | and well... welcome to 1.75G speeds . NEXTEL's Voice system runs of a complex system developed by Motorola in 1994 to incorporate a two-way Duplex radio with a mobile phone . NEXTEL | can only use iDEN (Integrated Digitally Enhanced Network) based towers an will not roam on any other network's tower's, also there phone's are based off of TDMA (Time Division Multiple Access) & GSM (hints the SIM Card) they are still and Analog service with slight Digital integration the globe at the top is for data only, you can Direct Connect (Walkie-Talkie) and make calls . The phone has an IP address that utilizes the Data Network . So in a nutshell NEXTEL | is a one operation at a time phone and the i1 sticks to its roots and that is Motorola iDEN services . Mostly used in Public Safety operations, Government, Military, and so on they are not mint for Text Junkie's just or Web Junkie's . If you must have Data 24/7 then go with a GSM (AT&T or T-Mobile) or a CDMA (Verizon or Sprint being on top)(any non-SIM Carded phone) I work a Sprint if you need any help just shoot me a message back .

bierly06
12-09-2010, 06:34 PM
I have a problem with my text messaging. I bought my phone over 6 months ago. Every message I have ever recieved or sent is still on my phone. Its slowing my phone down. When I try to delete them a message pops up that says Sorry. Activity messaging (in application messaging) is not responding force close or wait.. neither one of them do anything but lock up my messaging to where i have to restart my phone. When I turn it back on my "messages" are gone. But how many times I talked to each person but with no actual message.. just where the message used to be.. Can someone please help me??

scsmith42
01-25-2011, 09:39 AM
I'm having several problems.

First, there does not seem to be a way to delete the default g-mail e-mail account, and replace it with another one. The original account that I set up is receiving a lot of spam mail, and so I've created a new e-mail account. However, I can't find a way to delete the link from the g-mail icon to the old account, and neither could Sprint tech support.

Second, occasionally I will receive an error message on the phone about the TK process not starting. It has done this since the first week that I owned the phone.

Third, when I select the camera icon on my phone, it will cause the phone to shut down and reboot. It does this with a fully charged battery.

Fourth, if I put the phone in my shirt pocket before the screen locks, apparently it will sens body movement behind the shirt which the phone interprets as user input. I'm finding that this can result in some goofy settings that I have to undo.

scsmith42
01-25-2011, 09:48 AM
I see your new to NEXTEL | and well... welcome to 1.75G speeds . NEXTEL's Voice system runs of a complex system developed by Motorola in 1994 to incorporate a two-way Duplex radio with a mobile phone . NEXTEL | can only use iDEN (Integrated Digitally Enhanced Network) based towers an will not roam on any other network's tower's, also there phone's are based off of TDMA (Time Division Multiple Access) & GSM (hints the SIM Card) they are still and Analog service with slight Digital integration the globe at the top is for data only, you can Direct Connect (Walkie-Talkie) and make calls . The phone has an IP address that utilizes the Data Network . So in a nutshell NEXTEL | is a one operation at a time phone and the i1 sticks to its roots and that is Motorola iDEN services . Mostly used in Public Safety operations, Government, Military, and so on they are not mint for Text Junkie's just or Web Junkie's . If you must have Data 24/7 then go with a GSM (AT&T or T-Mobile) or a CDMA (Verizon or Sprint being on top)(any non-SIM Carded phone) I work a Sprint if you need any help just shoot me a message back .

Several comments in this post are factually incorrect. First, the iDen network is a 2.5G network, not a 1.75. Second, it is not analog, it is all digital and all voice, data and Direct Connect calls are encrypted digital, and have been for years. Third, the phone communicates with the network over various channels simultaneously (messaging and control chanels, in addition to voice), so it performs multiple operations at the same time.

It is correct that there are faster data offerings available from Sprint and other carriers.

hontzie15
01-26-2011, 08:51 PM
everytime i try to delete a whole thread the messaging app stops working and forces me to close it. any solutions?

mazdman7q
02-14-2011, 09:08 AM
I know three of us that own the i1 and we all have the same problem of the phone rebooting randomly several times a day... Sometimes when I'm doing something simple like send a text, it will reboot THREE times before I can send out the text.

ineedhelp
03-25-2011, 09:56 AM

what apps come in the micro sd card? i think i might have tooken the card out and apps got deleted. also this micro sd card alert wont go away from the top of my main screen. when i click on it says removed sd card,the SD had been removed.Insert a new sd card. ive tried taking it out then putting it back in and reseting my phone. PLEASE HELP I CANT USE MY CAMERA also

erilidon
04-24-2011, 12:43 AM
My motorola i1 was working great with not issues. The last week a fews apps said they had updates. The download always failed. I can not install any updates or new apps. I did a feature reset hoping this would fix it... nothing. I just did Master Clear and still I can not download apps... and of course now I have no apps!! any ideas?

ciscony
04-27-2011, 02:25 PM
i1 android phone came with 1.5 OS version and those can't backup to your gmail account.

ciscony
04-27-2011, 02:36 PM
Im having a problem with my i1 phone, when making a call i cant use my dial pad, i can press the buttons but it doesnt respond, like when making a payment over the phone, when i press a number it wont work. Is this a problem with my phone or is that just how the fone is?

I have the same issue. you have to be fast and as soon you have the call going out push the menu button; you will see at the top of the menu an option to open a dial pad. If you take more than 5 seconds this will not show and when you bring the other dial pad this will not work because the tones are not the one the regular dial pad have it
I know this is not an answer why this happen or how to fix it, but at least you have the way to know to do it fast

ciscony
04-27-2011, 02:44 PM
I'm having a lot of problems with my i1. I think that I got the phone too early. Has anyone seen any software updates or anything being distributed? Here are some of my problems:

1. My work email (not gmail) takes forever to load messages. It will say loading for like 10 mins in some cases more before the text comes through. Especially if the sender has a business card loaded to the signature of the email, which is common.
2. I can't open attachments on email. My blackberry I was able to do this with no problem.
3. My text messaging is very slow to browse through screens. ie If I want to browse through a number of different conversation I am having it takes forever.
4. I am trying to delete some text messages from my phone to speed up to application and when I am going to delete all threads the contact's name stays in the list but all of the information that was contained in the message is gone. If I try to delete messages individually the message sometimes goes away but it takes forever.
5. Very frequently an error message pops up and make me force close or wait for the application to respond.

Needless to say I am very disappointed with the new i1. If anyone has had similar issues and found a solution please contact me or reply. I like the idea of the phone but it's functionality is not there. Please help!

I have the same #1 issue you have. Any yahoo, gmail or hotmail are easy to set up. The one I set up from my company took me more steps and to know the POP3, SSL, ports to set up correctly. Any way after I have the conection working it download all the emails from my accounts (3 emails accounts) but when I want to open the company emails (one by one) it took for ever to download, forget if is an ttachment.
Same problems with my text, slow, it took 2 minutes some times to receive a text.
I agree my blackberry did a better job, and it use the same nextel towers, so that means boost have only a third of the bandwith of nextel towers or google corporate email servers are not as fast than blackberry...who have the answer before I return the phone to teh store and just get a regular blackberry from boost.

oojustlostoo
10-10-2011, 06:36 AM
Was wondering if someone could help me: my camera and camcorder, when its open its upside down!! never had this problem before and i cant figure out how to change the orientation, i really cant take and pictures or videos because of this

anarey
11-14-2011, 01:37 PM
Is anyone else having service issues with Motorola i1 "General error 481" in 33825 area code? My calls are dropping. Nov 14, 2011. I have tried everything, taking the battery out. I turned my phone off for the entire night.

Is this a network issue that will resolve or should I take my phone in to be serviced?

Sjohns77
04-05-2012, 02:12 AM
my motorola i1 camara wont work When i take a picture the phone reboot? need help cant use most of my apps without it please help!

Sjohns77
04-05-2012, 02:15 AM
my camera wont work the phone shut down when i use it

rush287
05-19-2012, 08:59 PM
Im having problems charging my phone it wont charge when i connect it to the charger i tired connecting it to the computer and it turns on but will not charge i have gotten it replaced due to the same reason and the new one they gave me had the same defects is there anything i can do to fix it

already tired resetting it both hard and factory i master cleared bought new battery idk what to do anymore