PDA

View Full Version : Lost Charger and Cord for Evo

BeautifulZeta
07-08-2010, 12:35 AM
i lost the charger and data cord for my evo... went on ebay but i really want an exact replacement for what came with my phone. where can i get one?

droidhead
07-08-2010, 12:43 AM
You really don't need the HTC branded one, they are pretty much all the same. Just buy a micro usb cable and a USB charger. I have 12 different usb chargers from my various devices and they all work the same. To be honest, I don't even use the HTC branded one at all.

greybear
07-15-2010, 03:15 PM
Can I assume that's the same for the car charger? Sprint wants $25 for theirs but I see them, unbranded, on eBay for $8.

droidhead
07-15-2010, 03:45 PM
Yup. I'm using a belkin car adapter that cost me $7 and it works great.

greybear
07-15-2010, 04:41 PM
Thanks! I hope I can find one locally rather than pay shipping on eBay. WalMart has some for $15 but I think I can do better.

droidhead
07-15-2010, 05:54 PM
I got my Belkin one at either best buy or target. I'm thinking it was target. It's just a cig lighter to usb so you gotta get a micro usb cable too.

jak89
07-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Damn I paid full price for my car charger. The only good thing is I bought mine at Radio Shack and the one I bought all you have to do is buy different tips for all you different devices. So with each new device I buy I'm saving money

greybear
07-18-2010, 06:05 AM
I got the USB->micro USB cable with car and wall chargers on eBay [like this one] for US$4.50, shipping included. It hasn't arrived yet and I'm hoping it's the real deal.

jak89
07-18-2010, 08:18 AM
Thats the kind of deals we all like

greybear
07-20-2010, 07:50 PM
Wasn't such a good deal after all. The cable doesn't fit in either the wall or car charger, both of which feel like kids' toys.

Basically I spent $4.50 for a very short retractable cable.
---------------
But picked up a generic charger today with mini- and micro-USB tips for $9 at Discount Electronics, a small chain that all Austinites should know about. The mini fits my camera so I'm good to go!

droidaddict_sprintdroids
07-27-2010, 10:26 AM
good info greybear! I was about to get the re-tractable. Well, the search continues. One question is are all of the USB chargers work the same? I am looking on ebay and I think I will just buy the USB charger instead of the one with the cord attachment. This way I can charge any devices that have USB.

droidaddict_sprintdroids
07-27-2010, 12:24 PM
Well, I just order the dual USB car charger for about $10 that had very good reviews by users, about 77 reviews. I was afraid of the $2-$5 ones as they were made cheaply. We had a bad storm and power went out and I did not have a car charger, go figure. Hope this works, can't wait.

CTHE3
08-31-2010, 08:25 AM
You can buy a generic car charger at Five Below. Even a plug for the Palm Pre(which I had before the Evo) will work. Most of these plugs are so generic that you won't have a had time finding one. And yes, buy your asscessories on EBAY. Sprint stores mark their asscessories up way too high. Hope this helps.

nimdaplus
01-03-2013, 03:57 AM
why don't you get a portable power bank? I think you can get what you want here: www.lowerpricebuy.com (http://www.lowerpricebuy.com)