PDA

View Full Version : Notification Sounds

yagermichael
07-15-2010, 12:54 PM
Is there a way to download notification sounds? I do not care for any of the phone's options. This is for email notications etc., not phone ringtones.

rich_c
07-15-2010, 01:01 PM
Attach the phone to your computer in disk drive mode. Under the music folder, create a folder called 'notifications'. Optionally, you can also create folders for ringtones and alarms.

Put any notification tones that you want in the notifications folder and the system will see them.

Be aware that with Android 2.1, any ringtones/alarms/notifications you use from your SD card will NOT work when the computer is attached, because the phone cannot access the SD card (Android should copy active sounds to the system drive but it does not.) To hear any custom ringtones/notifications, disconnect the phone from your computer, or set the default connect mode to 'charge only'.

yagermichael
07-15-2010, 01:11 PM
no clue howto connect like that? I hooked USB cable? Nothing? Thanks for helping.

rich_c
07-15-2010, 01:17 PM
When you connect your phone to the computer's usb port with the charging cable (minus the power plug) you will see a menu. Select "Connect as a disk drive" and tap "Done."

Then in Computer or My Computer, open the SD card drive. It will be listed with your CD/DVD drive under "Drives with removable storage".

yagermichael
07-15-2010, 01:33 PM
OK, I can save this to my phone. When I go to the song, I press menu, and the only option is to save to ringtone. It does not give me an option to save for notifications?