PDA

View Full Version : Getting pics on the Evo

asherbear
07-23-2010, 10:41 PM
I have a few jpgs on my hard drive I want to get on the Evo. I would think it would be a drag and drop and that's it. Doesn't seem to be that easy. How exactly do you do it...Thanks

rich_c
07-24-2010, 03:16 PM
It is as simple as drag and drop. However you have to drop them in the right folder.

If you put them in the Download folder on the SD card, and you have gallery set to show the downloads album (settings) you should be able to see the photos you put in there.

CHawk
07-25-2010, 12:37 AM
All I do is drag and drop and my pics are on my phone?

jak89
07-25-2010, 01:27 AM
All i do is add photo's to my DCIM folder and when i open my gallery in my phone all new photo's apear

rich_c
07-25-2010, 01:49 AM
You can do that also. However that will mix photos you upload to the phone with photos you take with the camera. My preference is to keep them separate.

reefdiver1960
09-01-2010, 08:34 AM
This might help.
I hook up my EVO to my computer via USB cable.
After a short while, the computer realizes that I have a new drive installed.
I go to the "F" drive, yours maybe "E", etc. and I make directories, Photo Scuba, Photo Friends, Photo Travel, Photo Family. They are not sub directories of any directory. When you look at the "F" Drive on my computer you can see these directories. Then I just copy and paste photos form my "C" drive to the "F" drive and into the directories I created. When I unplug my EVO and look at "Gallery" the photos show up in separate folders, all organized. This was and is, one of the best reasons to switch from IPhone to EVO. I also made an Excel Directory and a WORD directory and I copy files accordingly. Using the EVO use a file manager app to locate and view these files.
Hope this helps.