PDA

View Full Version : Locale email silencer

myke_sprintdroids
08-05-2010, 05:59 PM
I just got the i1 for myself about a week ago, I like the phone allot so far.

I like the email notifications, it works well, but I was bothered by them at night while sleeping. I use the phone as my alarm and keep it near my bed.

I tried the locale app with the email silencer plugin and boy did it mess up my phone. It was causing error's and rebooting until I figured it out and uninstalled it. Just wanted to let others know maybe save then the $10 until the developer upgrades it to work on the i1.

myke

YAMAFORD
08-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Cant you just turn sync off at night?

rich_c
08-06-2010, 04:14 PM
Don't know about the Motorola mail app, but the EVO app has peak and off peak download settings. You can set your off peak time to when you are sleeping or don't want to be disturbed and set the download frequency to manual. Then the phone won't download (and thus notify you of) email unless you do it manually.

myke_sprintdroids
08-07-2010, 11:42 AM
sure, I could turn the sync off at night or set the phone to silent manually. I was just looking for something automated.

Thanks for the idea, sounds like the peak and off peak feature is nice to have, no such feature for the i1.

I am currently using an app called Silent Time, It sets to the phone to silent based on a time schedule only. This app works pretty good, the only thing I wish it did was also take into account if the phone is charging or not because if by chance I am not in bed by the time I wanted to be, the app still sets the phone to silent.

myke