PDA

View Full Version : Ringtone question Epic 4G

justsmith@sbcglobal.net
10-09-2010, 07:02 PM
Hi, just got off the phone with Sprint tech, and they couldn't help me. Hopefully you guys can.
I have about 100 contacts in my phone. I want to have one ringtone for all of them (fine if it's a basic one) and another for anyone else who calls. I personally don't answer the phone if I don't know who it is.
So, basically, i just want two ringtones.

On my last phone, lg lotus elite, it was a simple process. Took 2 seconds.

The answer I got from tech was to assign, on an individual basis, a ringtone to every contact I have, which is both tedious and ridiculous. Ya gotta be kidding me, you could start world war 3 with this phone, and I can't simply assign 2 ringtones?
Anyone know how to do this, if in fact, its possible.

thanks!

joe

rich_c
10-10-2010, 03:20 AM
Download an app called "Group Ringtones". It assigns each member of the group a ringtone, but it does it for you automatically. Then, just put all your contacts into a group, and assign that group a ringtone with the app.

justsmith@sbcglobal.net
10-10-2010, 07:25 PM
hey, thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it! i downloaded it, and tried it out. All of my friends are in 'my contacts', or gmail contacts( i don't use gmail, I use yahoo). When I changed the settings it didn't take. Not sure what the problem is. I wish I could transfer 'my contact' to friends, or whatever, but I can't figure it out how. Again, thank for you help.

joe

jak89
10-11-2010, 09:58 PM
Clix - Group Manager - Android app on AppBrain (http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.gldg.groupmanager)

Hey give this a look. Its a way to manage groups and i think (not absolutely sure) you can have group ringtones