PDA

View Full Version : Screen lock problems

APDRJRD
11-17-2010, 07:38 AM
I just picked up a Samsung Transform last week and I've noticed that occasionally the security lock stops working. When the phone goes to sleep pressing the power button brings you right to the home screen rather than requiring the security pattern. Most of the time its fine, but the random times it does stop has me concerned.

So far the only solution I've found is to reboot the entire phone which seems a bit absurd since it takes so long to power off/on.

Anyone else have this problem or any other possible solutions?

thornbri
12-10-2010, 02:10 PM
I just started having the same problem today. The slide to unlock screen doesn't show up at all. Have you found a solution other than rebooting the entire phone? This is the second thing I've had suddenly change on the phone and I've only had it 5 days.

thornbri
12-10-2010, 02:25 PM
I just turned my phone off for a few minutes and turned it back on. The slide to lock feature has returned. I don't know how long it will stay but at least it's back for now.

When I had a Samsung Instinct I had to turn it off for a few minutes every now and again or it started performing really slow. I don't typically ever turn my phones off so this is somewhat of a pain for me to remeber and something I've never had to do on other phones.

APDRJRD
12-10-2010, 02:32 PM
I just turned my phone off for a few minutes and turned it back on. The slide to lock feature has returned. I don't know how long it will stay but at least it's back for now.

When I had a Samsung Instinct I had to turn it off for a few minutes every now and again or it started performing really slow. I don't typically ever turn my phones off so this is somewhat of a pain for me to remeber and something I've never had to do on other phones.

I've found more of a work around than an actual solution.

I noticed the problem tended to crop up when the screen time out kicked in while I was on a phone call so I changed the screen timeout setting to 30 minutes and I make sure to hit the power button whenever I'm done with the phone. Since I'm rarely talking on the phone for 30 minutes or more at a time I haven't had the problem since; and if I'm having a long conversation I just do something keep the screen 'active' from time to time. Its not perfect, but it keeps me from having to power down the phone like I was.

On a related note, I also upgraded from an Instinct and did have to reset it often, but so far outside of the screen lock issue I haven't had to reset the Transform nearly as much.